Philosophy Help Me

3.9

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Emulsfying Wax, Glycerin, C10-30 Cholesterol / Lanosterol Esters, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Retinol , Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate/ Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Peg-10 Soy Sterol, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben, Triethanolamine, Disodium Edta, Bisabolol, Bht, Polysorbate 20, Propyl Gallate, Ascorbic Acid.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the ultimate multi tasking face product. It moisturizes, tightens my pores, has reduced blackheads and breakouts, and helped the fine lines I'm starting to have. I can't believe how amazing this is. It might seem like a small amount of product for the price, but a little dab can cover your whole face, and it's definitely worth it. Not strong, irritating, or drying. Overall a great product.

on 4/30/2011 6:35:00 PM

This product broke me out worse then when I was in High School. Within the first few days my face exploded especially around my jaw line. I continued to use it hoping it would clear up and then be wonderful, but alas it didn't and I discontinued use after 3 months of breaking out. And the area's where it didn't break me out ( hardly any) didn't show any signs of improvement in skin tone or pore size.

on 2/28/2011 11:04:00 PM

This product is a god send . I wish i found out about it sooner so i wouldnt end up with scars here and there on my face . I have dry , sensitive skin . I love to try out new things and my skin suffers from it . I get several skin coloured bumps on my face when my skin reacts to products . I went to Mecca and the MUA recommended this to me , i used it at night and in the morning i could see the result . Bumps are all gone now . Im so happy . Price wise its a bit expensive in Australia for $95 , but ill definitely repurchase it when i run out.

on 2/17/2011 12:37:00 PM

This worked well as a moisturizer, but unfortunately, the smell bothered me so much I had to stop using it.

on 2/11/2011 10:56:00 PM

the price stinks but its oh so worth it! 3 weeks ago i decided to start a new skincare regime. nothing could get rid of my cystic acne. about 4 weeks ago i started using this product. 3 weeks ago i started using this in conjunction with Purity Made Simple. ask me when i've last had a cystic pimple... go ahead... do it. 2 weeks ago. not a big deal to you, you say? hugeeee deal to me! acne marks have faded dramatically and my skin has become very smooth. loveeeeeeeeeeee this! after trying 23943 different brands, i decided to fall into the Philosophy hype... by George, it works! seriously works for my skin when all that salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide did nothing

UPDATE: okaaay i was naughty. i overdid this product... massively. i used every night and some random mornings even though retinol is for night time. massive cystic break out. turns out Purity was a pore clogging dud for me, but once i got back on pace with this every night or every other night... pimples gone and lesson learned!

on 2/11/2011 7:52:00 PM

Love this product! I know it is pricey and that is why it took me a long time to purchase it. After trying many other skin creams trying to find something to help me with my acne prone skin I finally purchased a tube and it was so worth it.
This stuff changed the way my skin looked and felt literally overnight. It improved the tone and texture as well as helping to get rid of stubborn hormonal acne issues.
The tube is great as it allows you to easily get all the product out without having a tub that you have to put your fingers into.
I will definately be repurchasing this product. It is worth the price considering it finally fixed many skin issues when nothing else seemed to work.

on 2/7/2011 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I would buy this product again, but I am trying something else. Honestly, this product helped save my skin from a horrible reaction to Murad's exfoliating gel which dried out and destroyed my skin. I fell for the "4 weeks" promise and by week 4 I looked like I had aged ten years, and yes I was using good moisturizer. Anyways, retinol always helped my breakouts and I began researching and liked how this sounded and it has seriously seriously helped get my skin back on track. I had minor dryness the first week only, nothing that cetaphil moisturizer couldn't combat. I love applying this and I love how my skin looks when I wake up in the morning. I am trying PTR's retinol fusion now because it has a higher concentration of retinol and Help Me has probably prepped my skin for it. I don't like that Philosophy doesn't disclose the % of retinol in this product. It also has emulsifying wax which I have heard is bad for acne-prone skin. I have acne dry skin not oily, so this hasn't irritated it. I want to try something stronger to combat the cracks left in my skin by Murad that Help Me has softened by not completely erased. I might regret it and go back to Help me or try Poetry in Lotion, regardless will update.

on 1/25/2011 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I had a little bump on my cheek for months. Not a pimple, it kinda looked like a small sebaceous cyst. I did everything I could to get rid of it and within 3 days of using this product it was gone. I've only been using it for the past week and I've seen a decent improvement in my acne. I will have to come back in a few weeks to update this, but so far I'm very impressed.

on 11/13/2010 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this product! I purchased it about a month ago and use it every day/night! I know its supposed to be more for night time but I put it on underneath MD Perricone No Foundation Foundation in the morning and I LOVE the look it gives! Its helped clear up my skin! I am acne prone and do tend to get oily, but as winter is nearing my skin has dry patches also! This has definitely made a huge difference and I haven't had any breakouts since! I am careful not to put it on my eyelids or too close to my eyes because the skin is sensitive there and I know people say they get dry patches from this product so I try to steer clear from those areas. But I definitely recommend this product!

on 11/5/2010 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ah, one of my faves. I bought this to help clear my skin and address some, uh, delicate little lines. Well, it does both and with no irritation or drying. The retinol content is enough to start clearing the skin within 2 weeks, but it took a bit longer to clear up old spots/scars/lines. You probably won't see any true fading until about 6 weeks, but for me the clarity issue was a happy surprise. Add manual exfoliation to beef up the effects and speed. Remember to wear sunblock (and since this is a lotion-like texture, a powder sunblock should counteract any additional shine). A tube lasts me about 3 months of morning and evening applications.

Popular Face Skincare Products