July 24, 2014 | 1189 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Cuticle Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really glad I listened to MUA and got this. I used to just use Aquaphor and push my cuticles back and then cut them (it sometimes would scratch my nail). SH remover makes it SO EASY to push my cuticles back! You don't even have to use the cuticle clippers after. It does a wonderful job!

IMPORTANT: YOU MUST NOT LEAVE THIS ON!!! The directions say to wash this off in UNDER A MINUTE...they are not kidding! This stuff dissolves your cuticles, so you can bet leaving this on your nail isn't a good idea!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Kaitain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is great. I just wanted to add a suggestion to some of the ladies that had problems w this product. It is not meant to stay on your nails, it is corrosive, you use it, and you wash it off w soap and water when it's done it's job. Use a moisturizing cuticle cream to keep them soft afterwards.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My absolute HG! I think it's one of these products that if discontinued, I'd start sending hate mail to SH. I started using ICR a couple of years ago and it's changed my manicure entirely. I cut my cuticles on a regular basis for the past 20 years and I'm therefore seriously practiced in it, but this is the first time ever I can do it in HALF the time! It literally halved my manicure time and also helped extend the time between manicures.
I file my nails, soak them in warm soapy water for about 1 min and then apply SH ICR, wait for about half a minute and clean around the nail bed with a manicure stick (I never push the cuticles back, never) After soaking my nails for a further 3-4 minutes, I trim the cuticles. It has been so much easier and quicker.
I notice that the cuticles grow back much smoother and also somehow slower.
I always keep a good stock of it because I'm paranoid about running out of it and finding that it's discontinued. This is the only cuticle remover I've used that actually works and the bottle lasts well over a year, although I use it every week and for my pedicure as well.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by setthespark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. I used to cut my cuticles, and every time they would grow back looking more horrible than before. I use this on my cuticles and also under the free edge of my nails. It makes my cuticles look nice and neat and removes the skin that sometimes grows up under the edges of my nails. This also works wonders on my toes. They look nice again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by consonant

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I do my own mani-pedi and this is a staple product for me. It does the job perfectly! You don't need to use much, a little bit goes a long way. Def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ltaber14

This is a great product and dissolves cuticles and dead skin immediately. I also use it on my heels before a self-pedi ;-)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Excellent product! It does indeed remove cuticles instantly like it claims. I was especially surprised to see how effectively the dead skin and cuticles on my feet was removed so effortlessly. Go and get this, if you don't want to spend more time on a manicure/pedicure than necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am very pleased with this product. My cuticles have never looked better. This completely removes all of my cuticles and makes my manicures look great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The instructions say to leave the product on cuticles for 15 seconds, but I have found that I need to leave it on for about 30 seconds. I use a toothbrush to scrub the cuticle remover into my cuticles after the 30 seconds have passed, and I find that helps with the exfoliation as well. This product does do what the company claims -- it removes excess, dry cuticles, but it does not do it in the 15 seconds for me. I also use this in conjunction with OPI Avoplex Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment once a week, which I have found to be the perfect combo for me to have nice looking nails. I would recommend this product on its own to others, and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by ainedwyn

I would not recommend this to anyone! I was in Walmart one day and I was looking at cuticle remover creams when this lady walked up and started raving about how much she loved this stuff. So I decided to try it, I mean if your in a store and someone recommends something your kinda like okay. It was good the first time I used it. After that it seemed like every time there after my nails started to peel and not just a little peel! They would peel so bad that I couldn't paint my nails at all!! I hate this stuff I will never buy it again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No