August 22, 2014 | 1197 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Cuticle Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 5:11:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have no idea how I was managing at home manis & pedis without this product. Manicures would take me over an hour because I'd have to soak my fingers, push the cuticles back and then carefully trim them which would be a very time consuming process. Pedicures were way worse considering the amount of cuticle on your toes and how quickly it grows back. I'd spend over two hours sitting bent over to reach my toes. My back would ache after. How was I doing this?!
I ended up purchasing this cuticle remover based on raves on YouTube and this website.
I'm very satisfied with the results. My manicures take about 10 minutes now and my pedis are done in about half an hour. If you have problems with your cuticles, get this stuff. You will be thanking me and not regretting it.
Here is how I use it:
1. I start off with doing only two fingers so that I make sure I don't leave it on too long. After about 15 seconds, I take an orangewood stick and start pushing my cuticles back, wiping off the excess gel from the stick onto a paper towel.
2. I wet these two fingers and take a soapy nail brush and brush away any of the product. Rinse then repeat these two steps until you're done.
3. After you've done each nail, take cuticle scissors and trim any pieces that were missed. There usually aren't any but just in case.
4. Moisturize your cuticles!
Anyone that says this has made their nails peel has either been leaving it on too long or uses it too often. This shouldn't remain on your nail area for more than one minute and it is not recommended to use more than once a week. If you're starting off with cuticles that are in bad condition, you will see great results the more times you use it. Don't be discouraged.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Dalise

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi ladies, just wanted to WARN you about this product. My nails were strong and healthy, no peeling, but my cuticles needed some help. This product ruined my nails, they started peeling and chipping very badly. Took me a few weeks to figure out the problem, thought it was my basecoat. Check ingredient list of this product, contains potassium hydroxide which is lye based and used in hair relaxers. I would advise staying away from this product. Since I stopped, my nails are growing back healthy again. Please be careful using this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really glad I listened to MUA and got this. I used to just use Aquaphor and push my cuticles back and then cut them (it sometimes would scratch my nail). SH remover makes it SO EASY to push my cuticles back! You don't even have to use the cuticle clippers after. It does a wonderful job!

IMPORTANT: YOU MUST NOT LEAVE THIS ON!!! The directions say to wash this off in UNDER A MINUTE...they are not kidding! This stuff dissolves your cuticles, so you can bet leaving this on your nail isn't a good idea!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Kaitain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is great. I just wanted to add a suggestion to some of the ladies that had problems w this product. It is not meant to stay on your nails, it is corrosive, you use it, and you wash it off w soap and water when it's done it's job. Use a moisturizing cuticle cream to keep them soft afterwards.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My absolute HG! I think it's one of these products that if discontinued, I'd start sending hate mail to SH. I started using ICR a couple of years ago and it's changed my manicure entirely. I cut my cuticles on a regular basis for the past 20 years and I'm therefore seriously practiced in it, but this is the first time ever I can do it in HALF the time! It literally halved my manicure time and also helped extend the time between manicures.
I file my nails, soak them in warm soapy water for about 1 min and then apply SH ICR, wait for about half a minute and clean around the nail bed with a manicure stick (I never push the cuticles back, never) After soaking my nails for a further 3-4 minutes, I trim the cuticles. It has been so much easier and quicker.
I notice that the cuticles grow back much smoother and also somehow slower.
I always keep a good stock of it because I'm paranoid about running out of it and finding that it's discontinued. This is the only cuticle remover I've used that actually works and the bottle lasts well over a year, although I use it every week and for my pedicure as well.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by setthespark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. I used to cut my cuticles, and every time they would grow back looking more horrible than before. I use this on my cuticles and also under the free edge of my nails. It makes my cuticles look nice and neat and removes the skin that sometimes grows up under the edges of my nails. This also works wonders on my toes. They look nice again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by consonant

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I do my own mani-pedi and this is a staple product for me. It does the job perfectly! You don't need to use much, a little bit goes a long way. Def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ltaber14

This is a great product and dissolves cuticles and dead skin immediately. I also use it on my heels before a self-pedi ;-)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Excellent product! It does indeed remove cuticles instantly like it claims. I was especially surprised to see how effectively the dead skin and cuticles on my feet was removed so effortlessly. Go and get this, if you don't want to spend more time on a manicure/pedicure than necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am very pleased with this product. My cuticles have never looked better. This completely removes all of my cuticles and makes my manicures look great.