Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover

4.1

Water, Potassium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root)

on 3/13/2012 11:38:00 AM

This is just amazing. Really works as described, and doesn't leave my nails dry. I feel like I've had a manicure after using them.

I haven't tried many cuticle removers, but after using this I don't think I need to. It's effective and works quickly. It keeps my cuticles in top shape. I can tell when I've gone too long between uses as my cuticles will start to get overgrown and begin to catch/tear on things. I absolutely love this stuff!

on 2/7/2012 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried many cuticle removers throughout the years and this is the one I feel is the best. It works quickly and does a great job. I am a mother of 5 with a very busy life, so I don't have a lot of time to devote to my nails and cuticles, but I want them to look nice. I would recommend this product. I don't even look for another brand because I don't want to waste my money. I use cuticle cream afterward to keep my cuticles soft and hydrated.

I use this product semi-regularly to keep my cuticles cleaned up. I never had a real issue with cuticles until recently. I regularly push them back but it stopped helping. This stuff has helped me keep them cleaner and more smooth making my DIY manicures much easier. It's been an amazing improvement on my toes as well. I love this stuff.

on 1/21/2012 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had an eye for this for such a long time but I never purchased it for I thought having manicures are better. After countless of manicures through out the years I now strongly believe that manicures make your cuticles grow more and weaken your nails. I used this product just like it says on it and I am actually pretty impressed with the results. My nails look lovely, cuticles are all smoothed out. I think I will try this on my toes as well. I am sure that it will work just fine.

on 1/2/2012 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I can't believe how long i've lived without this miracle product! I used to just push and cut my own cuticles dry without a cuticle remover (i know its bad). And those days were hell because it would literally take me more than 10 minutes to get all my nail beds clean. This product really makes a difference, not only does it speed the manicure process - it also makes my nails look clean and pretty. Love it!

on 11/13/2011 5:11:00 AM

I have no idea how I was managing at home manis & pedis without this product. Manicures would take me over an hour because I'd have to soak my fingers, push the cuticles back and then carefully trim them which would be a very time consuming process. Pedicures were way worse considering the amount of cuticle on your toes and how quickly it grows back. I'd spend over two hours sitting bent over to reach my toes. My back would ache after. How was I doing this?!
I ended up purchasing this cuticle remover based on raves on YouTube and this website.
I'm very satisfied with the results. My manicures take about 10 minutes now and my pedis are done in about half an hour. If you have problems with your cuticles, get this stuff. You will be thanking me and not regretting it.
Here is how I use it:
1. I start off with doing only two fingers so that I make sure I don't leave it on too long. After about 15 seconds, I take an orangewood stick and start pushing my cuticles back, wiping off the excess gel from the stick onto a paper towel.
2. I wet these two fingers and take a soapy nail brush and brush away any of the product. Rinse then repeat these two steps until you're done.
3. After you've done each nail, take cuticle scissors and trim any pieces that were missed. There usually aren't any but just in case.
4. Moisturize your cuticles!
Anyone that says this has made their nails peel has either been leaving it on too long or uses it too often. This shouldn't remain on your nail area for more than one minute and it is not recommended to use more than once a week. If you're starting off with cuticles that are in bad condition, you will see great results the more times you use it. Don't be discouraged.

on 10/10/2011 7:10:00 PM

Hi ladies, just wanted to WARN you about this product. My nails were strong and healthy, no peeling, but my cuticles needed some help. This product ruined my nails, they started peeling and chipping very badly. Took me a few weeks to figure out the problem, thought it was my basecoat. Check ingredient list of this product, contains potassium hydroxide which is lye based and used in hair relaxers. I would advise staying away from this product. Since I stopped, my nails are growing back healthy again. Please be careful using this product.

on 9/23/2011 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm really glad I listened to MUA and got this. I used to just use Aquaphor and push my cuticles back and then cut them (it sometimes would scratch my nail). SH remover makes it SO EASY to push my cuticles back! You don't even have to use the cuticle clippers after. It does a wonderful job!

IMPORTANT: YOU MUST NOT LEAVE THIS ON!!! The directions say to wash this off in UNDER A MINUTE...they are not kidding! This stuff dissolves your cuticles, so you can bet leaving this on your nail isn't a good idea!

on 9/19/2011 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is great. I just wanted to add a suggestion to some of the ladies that had problems w this product. It is not meant to stay on your nails, it is corrosive, you use it, and you wash it off w soap and water when it's done it's job. Use a moisturizing cuticle cream to keep them soft afterwards.

Popular Treatments