October 2, 2014 | 1322 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* PRODUCT - Bio-Oil

* REVIEW - This product is touted as a multi-use beauty oil and is heavily advertised on TV and radio here. My parapharmacy was having a promo recently and Bio-Oil was heavily discounted and almost free so I decided I woould give it a try. I am a BIG fan of multi-use oils. I have used many beauty oils like Nuxe (my HG), Caudalie, Vichy, etc. and I am a firm believer in multi-use oils. However, this product left me rather disappointed. Firstly, unlike most dry oils I've tried this does not penetrate quickly at all. It feels very oily and it ends up making my skin feel greasy, not soft. Secondly, the formulation is rather comedegenic and is not suitable for use on the face. I tried but ended up having to use it on my hands and body after showering. Thirdly, it is heavily fragranced. I am not a fragrance-phobe at all; I do appreciate a nice scent but the perfume in this product is strongly synthetic and artificial. The fragrance is not an elegant or sophisticated scent like the Nuxe or Caudalie oils. Fourthly, contrary to advertising claims, I noticed absolutely no improvement in scars, stretch marks, age spots, etc. And forget about using this on the hair! Finally, I do not think this oil is worth the price, no matter how discounted it may be. As a body oil, I prefer to use regular baby oil --- cheaper and works just as well. As a facial oil, the quality and results just does not compare to a beauty oil like Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse or 100% cold-pressed argan oil.

* PACKAGING - Simple 60 ml. round plastic bottle.

* PRICE - Under 10 EUR. Available at pharmacies and parapharmacies. Whenever possible, test first and also remember to ask the pharmacien(nne) for free product samples.

* VERDICT - Overall, this product was a disappointment for me. Therefore, I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by sarahkins17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is...okay. I don't really feel like it does anything :/ It's an oil, so it's going to be moisturizing. However, it's not a miracle product like some people make it out to be. It's kind of a waste of money. I would not buy this again. Bio oil contains mainly mineral oil which isn't that good for your skin. It also contains a lot of other filler chemicals.

If you really want to reduce scars...buy pure vitamin E oil.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ariestar8

It didn't lighten my scars or stretch marks. All it did was make my face paler, not cute. It also left me greasy and most likely clogged my pores. I broke out on my face. It doesn't blend into my skin either, just lays on top.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the largest size bottle of this with high hopes but I ended up being very disappointed and ended up returning it. It's too heavily fragranced and it clogged my pores around my nasal cheek area something fierce every time I used it, and I checked many times - the Bio oil was the culprit. I did not notice any difference in my skin tone. I think this stuff is overhyped. A few drops of my pure vitamin E oil and organic jojoba oil mixed together are both colourant and fragrance free, unlike this stuff, so I'll stick with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by thaouyen09

This product done any work for me. It doesn't fade my scars from acne or stretch marks. But I do love the smell of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by CutiePieJeannie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like Bio oil, but i think it works kind of slow, don't like texture, & it was like my face got used to it after a while going right back to how it used to be

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by sleepsucks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's just mineral oil with fragrance. Next time I'd save my money and buy regular mineral oil. It just sits on top of the skin so I don't know how it would do anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by cleotokos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've heard a lot about this stuff so I wanted to try it, even considering that I've heard it's kinda toxic. I used it a couple times then looked it up on Skin Deep, and it has a whopping score of 8! That's pretty bad. It does have retinol in it, and any retinol product will elevate the skin deep rating. Once I realized it contains retinol, I'll only use it before bed as you should never expose your skin to sunlight when you have retinol on it. Also retinol is not recommended for pregnant women, which concerns me as this is touted as a stretch mark treatment! Yes it contains mineral oil, as many have commented, but this is not actually harmful. There are other far more toxic ingredients in Bio Oil - look it up for yourself. A bit disappointing as I found it was a nice base for my MAC studio tech, it gave my skin a really smooth, hydrated, glowy appearance. Oh and by the way, retinol needs to be kept away from air and light, so the packaging on this product sucks. It should be in an opaque container with an airtight pump. I've only been using it for a few days so I can't comment on the scar reduction. I certainly won't be applying twice daily due to the retinol/UV issue so not sure if I'd end up seeing results on that anyways.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by YXXC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just say "No"! Bio-oil is marketing hype. Contains mineral oil which derives from petroleum (that's petrol to you and me), and do you want petrol on your skin? Exactly. Before I became Bio-oil savvy, I used it 3 or 4 times a day *commitment* for 3 months and my scars were all EXACTLY the same. Go for a decent oil that contains just that, oil, like Clarins, Darphin, Ren, balanceMe (sic) ... For more honest reviews, 'like' Face Up To It on Facebook, Twitter @YoCalliss, yocalliss.wordpress.com. Thanks :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Ubiquity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bio Oil definitely works for me. I've been using it for about 5 months on my scars (stretch marks on my boobies and thighs due to weight fluctuations, a couple of insect bite scars on my legs and a 3cm surgical scar on my arm), all of which I must say are now visually improved. Especially the stretch marks on my chest as they were quite old and prominent! I use Bio Oil twice a day (a drop on each troubled areas and massaging it for about a minute), right after showering after patting dry my body. I also find that it's moisturising enough for summer so I don't need to use any body lotion.

Another great use for Bio Oil that I recently found is it also works as an amazing makeup remover. Whenever I have slightly heavier makeup on, I'd massage a drop of Bio Oil all over my face (lips and eyes included) and use three drops of Avene Micellar Lotion on cotton pad to wipe it all down. It removes all traces of the most waterproof mascara / eyeliner and leaves my face feeling cleansed without being dry. I've never had any problem with breakouts with this and I don't understand why some people are bothered with the smell, I think it's really pleasant without being disturbing or overpowering at all. Best of all, for it's multi-purposes I find it very economical 200ml at £15.99 and long lasting as very little goes a long way (I'm barely using up half of the big bottle that I purchased for the first time).