Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

4.3

on 7/7/2012 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Great neutral and slightly cool toned shadows from the drugstore. They are very inexpensive eyeshadows, but they still have good colour payoff. I will definitely repurchase this palette.

on 6/27/2012 4:13:00 PM

I know this product is well liked by many, I'm not a huge fan. I find the shades to be a bit chalky and powdery. I'll admit that the colors are a great scheme for everyday wear and it is a good palette for travel, but I honestly don't reach for it much and I think there are better options (i.e. W & W) in the same price range.

on 6/10/2012 5:42:00 PM

I'm asian with dark brown eyes. This is one of the best drugstore eyeshadow palettes. I use all of the colors in this palette and in addition I add a dark brown eyeshadow to the outer v (I use maybelline nutmeg e/s) for a smoky look. The most shimmery color of them is the lightest shade, I apply that to the inner corners of my eyes. You can't go wrong with this palette, hopefully they never discontinue, I love it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love, love, love this product!!! I was digging through my old makeup and found this little treasure and have been using it daily! It's absolutely perfect for an everyday eye look and I'd highly recommend it to anyone! Don't pass this one up girls, it's totally worth it!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great d/s neutral eye shadow(s). I'm 30yrs old w/ fair, oily skin, & believe it or not, this was the color I wore on my eyes EVERY DAY in HighSchool & now 12yrs later I still love it! Seems like CG's eye shadow's are either not pigmented at all or pigmented beautifully - no inbetween & it's totally hit or miss (I know this b/c I've bought other CG e/s & thrown them str8 in the garbage!) But this is one of the great ones, & yes, over the years I've strayed to other e/s - some even higher end, but I have to admit this is pretty great. I wear all 3 colors in this trio when I'm doing the "natural makeup look" or if I want to do a "bold lip" kinda look :) The lightest/pink shade can even be used as a face highlighter in a pinch! (for someone fair skinned like I am at least!) Not to mention it really is DIRT cheap! It's great :)

on 5/28/2012 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This product is my holy grail neutral trio! it looks stunning on my eyes. I especially love the lightest pinky color.
I normally put the pinky color on the inner half, taupe on the outer half, and the darkest brown in my crease. It gives a gorgeous, flawless and effortless eye.
The pigmentation is the worst in the middle shade. Overall, the pigmentation is pretty good for covergirl eyeshadows.
I will probably always have one of these trios in my collection! i hope they never stop making it!

on 5/17/2012 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After seeing a few youtube tutorials featuring this trio, it looked promising and I wanted something cheap to keep in my gym bag, so I picked this up. It is, indeed, "shimmering" but I was expecting it to be a bit more pigmented. The mid-toned shade doesn't show up on me at all and the darkest shade not very much - not as much as I'd have hoped. The lightest shade is VERY shimmery looking when applied, so be warned. I do like this shade applied very lightly to my tear duct area and then blended away like crazy. All in all, it's not a "bad" product; it's just not especially good, so I would not repurchase. There are much better trios, quads, etc. from Wet n Wild and Maybelline if you are looking for something inexpensive so you can have it in multiples (gym bag, office, etc.)

on 5/15/2012 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I so love this trio. It's a classic that I always have in my collection. It's perfect for a go to everyday look when you don't wanna think about it. It works for everything. And I especially love the highlight color. Its not frosty, just this beautiful glow. Everyone should have this set in their arsenal of makeup.

on 5/15/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow. I remember this trio being one of the first one I have ever owned, like 12 years ago, and here I am, buying it again!

After years of buying all kinds of crazy unflattering colors, I am back to neutrals and I realise that i don,t actually need 15 different colors: I am not a make up artist. And between you and me: i can barely differentiate between this or that shade of beige/brown/neutral.

All that being said: this little CG trio is perfect for my needs: I want my eyes to look less tired and subtly defined, without the makeup overpowering my face. These colors do just that. Of course, the color payoff is not amazing, but it is still great for 7,00$CDN. This trio is perfect for everyday.

on 5/1/2012 5:42:00 PM

About 20 years ago, I believe this trio was one of the staple items in my makeup. I knew nothing about high-end shadows and wouldn't have been able to afford them anyway. I absolutely love the colors in this trio. They are pretty and classy, and totally appropriate for work, interviews, and weekends. They have a slight amount of shimmer without being glittery (a no-no in my book). The pigmentation isn't very good, which is why I gave it 3 lippies. I find, however, that I can use the lid and crease color just fine and supplement the crease with a darker shade of brown and it works out just fine. Today I used Swiss Chocolate by MAC in the crease. Staying power is good. I also like the brow highlight color very much, and find its iridescent properties really intriguing in certain lights.

At $5 and change, you really can't go wrong with this trio. It's not high-end but it will do the trick on those days when I want a neutral look. It's hard not to fall in love with the colors and wax nostalgic for my early makeup days. It's also small enough that it's easy to carry in my makeup bag, and having it with me for touch ups during the day is good. Just toss the sponge applicator immediately upon first opening the container, and get your good makeup brushes out for this one.

Video Reviews & Tutorials