September 30, 2014 | 1265 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great d/s neutral eye shadow(s). I'm 30yrs old w/ fair, oily skin, & believe it or not, this was the color I wore on my eyes EVERY DAY in HighSchool & now 12yrs later I still love it! Seems like CG's eye shadow's are either not pigmented at all or pigmented beautifully - no inbetween & it's totally hit or miss (I know this b/c I've bought other CG e/s & thrown them str8 in the garbage!) But this is one of the great ones, & yes, over the years I've strayed to other e/s - some even higher end, but I have to admit this is pretty great. I wear all 3 colors in this trio when I'm doing the "natural makeup look" or if I want to do a "bold lip" kinda look :) The lightest/pink shade can even be used as a face highlighter in a pinch! (for someone fair skinned like I am at least!) Not to mention it really is DIRT cheap! It's great :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by mspaigie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is my holy grail neutral trio! it looks stunning on my eyes. I especially love the lightest pinky color.
I normally put the pinky color on the inner half, taupe on the outer half, and the darkest brown in my crease. It gives a gorgeous, flawless and effortless eye.
The pigmentation is the worst in the middle shade. Overall, the pigmentation is pretty good for covergirl eyeshadows.
I will probably always have one of these trios in my collection! i hope they never stop making it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After seeing a few youtube tutorials featuring this trio, it looked promising and I wanted something cheap to keep in my gym bag, so I picked this up. It is, indeed, "shimmering" but I was expecting it to be a bit more pigmented. The mid-toned shade doesn't show up on me at all and the darkest shade not very much - not as much as I'd have hoped. The lightest shade is VERY shimmery looking when applied, so be warned. I do like this shade applied very lightly to my tear duct area and then blended away like crazy. All in all, it's not a "bad" product; it's just not especially good, so I would not repurchase. There are much better trios, quads, etc. from Wet n Wild and Maybelline if you are looking for something inexpensive so you can have it in multiples (gym bag, office, etc.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by perfumejunky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I so love this trio. It's a classic that I always have in my collection. It's perfect for a go to everyday look when you don't wanna think about it. It works for everything. And I especially love the highlight color. Its not frosty, just this beautiful glow. Everyone should have this set in their arsenal of makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by kaltblutig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. I remember this trio being one of the first one I have ever owned, like 12 years ago, and here I am, buying it again!

After years of buying all kinds of crazy unflattering colors, I am back to neutrals and I realise that i don,t actually need 15 different colors: I am not a make up artist. And between you and me: i can barely differentiate between this or that shade of beige/brown/neutral.

All that being said: this little CG trio is perfect for my needs: I want my eyes to look less tired and subtly defined, without the makeup overpowering my face. These colors do just that. Of course, the color payoff is not amazing, but it is still great for 7,00$CDN. This trio is perfect for everyday.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

About 20 years ago, I believe this trio was one of the staple items in my makeup. I knew nothing about high-end shadows and wouldn't have been able to afford them anyway. I absolutely love the colors in this trio. They are pretty and classy, and totally appropriate for work, interviews, and weekends. They have a slight amount of shimmer without being glittery (a no-no in my book). The pigmentation isn't very good, which is why I gave it 3 lippies. I find, however, that I can use the lid and crease color just fine and supplement the crease with a darker shade of brown and it works out just fine. Today I used Swiss Chocolate by MAC in the crease. Staying power is good. I also like the brow highlight color very much, and find its iridescent properties really intriguing in certain lights.

At $5 and change, you really can't go wrong with this trio. It's not high-end but it will do the trick on those days when I want a neutral look. It's hard not to fall in love with the colors and wax nostalgic for my early makeup days. It's also small enough that it's easy to carry in my makeup bag, and having it with me for touch ups during the day is good. Just toss the sponge applicator immediately upon first opening the container, and get your good makeup brushes out for this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've just recently bought this, even though I people have been raving about this product for a really long time now and I now know why. It has three gorgeous neutral and wearable shadows, perfect on its own and together for an everyday school or work appropriate look. The texture is very creamy and buttery, though I would much prefer WnW's Walking on Eggshells in terms of texture, but the finish of this, I find is better because it's goof proof (unlike the WnW where you would have to apply a really small amount and blend it well so that it doesn't look to frosty). The lasting power I'm not quite sure of because I've only used it for a couple of hours with UDPP and not by itself, but for the price, I highly recommend it especially for those who are looking for a basic trio you can use everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by chimpanzee

Love this eyeshadow trio. Its quite cheap but looks great if you don't want an out there look. They have a very pretty shimmer to them and are super easy to use, just a little difficult to blend smoothly. They aren't super pigmented either but better than many drugstore eyeshadows ive tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never wear this. I bought because I read these reviews... and I never wear it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

The colors aren't pigmented. I would use a pretty dense brush when using these, if you want to get color. These are also quite shimmery. I actually see this more as a highlighting palette. I find that these shadows are hard to blend. It takes more effort than the next regular eyeshadow.