April 19, 2014 | 1040 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe - Beauty Marked

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by MissShellDawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is so pretty in the pan.. but when applied, it loses the glitter. Which is disappointing, because it has the most glitter I've ever seen in an eyeshadow. I always apply my own glitter after applying, which perks me back up a little. But after applied, it looks like a flat black.. Its hard to say if I would repurchase, but I don't know If i'll ever have too.

Fifth one from the left in the middle row.

(Ok, well the flash picked up the glitter.. lol) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 9:02:00 AM More reviews by pisces31919

I know that a lot of people are saying that this doesn't transfer that it looks in the pan but I have to disagree. Maybe it's my ESP (UDPP-Eden). It's a great alternative to Carbon and it still gives a nice intense look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by erinoxnam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

You MUST use a black base with this if you want it to true what colour it is in the pan. I tried it without a black base an it's awful. A really muddy black with purple flecks. It looks gorgeous with my 'blackground' paint pot.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by SevenDeadlySins

3.5 This looks amazing in the pan, but its a dull black on your lids. I love matte black eyeshadow since its more intense, and i used this over the black eyeshadow, but it made it look strange and made it less black? I now use this over my eyeliner to set it. Looks really awesome that way because it looks smudged and sexy. This is my first and only MAC eyeshadow, and since i love urban decay i wont buy another mac anytime soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bittersweetmoment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shadow is nice - but beware I didn't swatch this prior to purchase and the colour that goes on your lids is NOT a replica of what you see in the packaging. Still like it regardless.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by hollyholly

So misleading. It looks so pretty in the pan but on the eye its really just a soft black. I have had this for ages but I never use it, such a waste. Pretty in the pan, ugly on the eye. Crap quality too i think.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by beautylover86

Not a good shadow. Basically its a black eyeshadow with red glitter, but when on the eye it looks completely black. Its super pretty in the pan, but not so much on the eye. If you want this color the way its supposed to be then buy wet n wilds lust palete. It has the perfect dupe for this color, its ten times cheaper and it actually shows the pretty red glitter on the eye. Whatever you do though do not buy this shade from Mac unless your looking for a black eyeshadow

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAffair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A deep blackened red with a sparkle/twilight effect, velvet.

This color is so disappointing. In the container, it looks like a sexy black with red microglitter. It was one of the first MAC eyeshadows i ever bought.
On the eye, its just a flat black, i cant get the red microglitter to show up at all! The only way i can see the true potential of this eyeshadow showing up is if you used it EXTREMELY heavily.. and then you'd look like a wh*re, or a clown.
or if you have those huge deer-eyes, .. my eyes are unfortunately small, therefore, i done have much room for heavy shading, so Beauty Marked ALWAYS comes off as just a flat smokey-black.
will not repurchase. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2010 5:35:00 AM More reviews by mishkee

I will not buy this again. It looks nothing like it does in the pan on my skin. On my eyes it just looks navy blue/black. I see no shimmer or purple. I thought this was a popular color for some reason. I think I had read about it in several magazines. But now reading the reviews on here I know I'm not crazy and this color really isn't that great.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by lsc87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was disappointed with this. It looks a lot more red in the pan then it does on, it looks just black on and it is very difficult to see any of the red shimmer/glitter. It is pigmented and smooth to put on but just not what I was expecting.