MAC Veluxe - Beauty Marked

3.6

on 7/20/2010 8:15:00 PM

It is very pretty in the pan, but it does lose its color on the lid.
I don't plan on buying again simply because I don't use it all
that often. I'm going to completly give up it right now though
as I want to try it with diffent primers.

on 7/17/2010 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is so pretty in the pan.. but when applied, it loses the glitter. Which is disappointing, because it has the most glitter I've ever seen in an eyeshadow. I always apply my own glitter after applying, which perks me back up a little. But after applied, it looks like a flat black.. Its hard to say if I would repurchase, but I don't know If i'll ever have too.

Fifth one from the left in the middle row.

(Ok, well the flash picked up the glitter.. lol) continued >>

on 7/5/2010 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I know that a lot of people are saying that this doesn't transfer that it looks in the pan but I have to disagree. Maybe it's my ESP (UDPP-Eden). It's a great alternative to Carbon and it still gives a nice intense look.

on 6/29/2010 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

You MUST use a black base with this if you want it to true what colour it is in the pan. I tried it without a black base an it's awful. A really muddy black with purple flecks. It looks gorgeous with my 'blackground' paint pot.

3.5 This looks amazing in the pan, but its a dull black on your lids. I love matte black eyeshadow since its more intense, and i used this over the black eyeshadow, but it made it look strange and made it less black? I now use this over my eyeliner to set it. Looks really awesome that way because it looks smudged and sexy. This is my first and only MAC eyeshadow, and since i love urban decay i wont buy another mac anytime soon.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This shadow is nice - but beware I didn't swatch this prior to purchase and the colour that goes on your lids is NOT a replica of what you see in the packaging. Still like it regardless.

on 6/9/2010 11:33:00 AM

So misleading. It looks so pretty in the pan but on the eye its really just a soft black. I have had this for ages but I never use it, such a waste. Pretty in the pan, ugly on the eye. Crap quality too i think.

Not a good shadow. Basically its a black eyeshadow with red glitter, but when on the eye it looks completely black. Its super pretty in the pan, but not so much on the eye. If you want this color the way its supposed to be then buy wet n wilds lust palete. It has the perfect dupe for this color, its ten times cheaper and it actually shows the pretty red glitter on the eye. Whatever you do though do not buy this shade from Mac unless your looking for a black eyeshadow

on 5/11/2010 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A deep blackened red with a sparkle/twilight effect, velvet.

This color is so disappointing. In the container, it looks like a sexy black with red microglitter. It was one of the first MAC eyeshadows i ever bought.
On the eye, its just a flat black, i cant get the red microglitter to show up at all! The only way i can see the true potential of this eyeshadow showing up is if you used it EXTREMELY heavily.. and then you'd look like a wh*re, or a clown.
or if you have those huge deer-eyes, .. my eyes are unfortunately small, therefore, i done have much room for heavy shading, so Beauty Marked ALWAYS comes off as just a flat smokey-black.
will not repurchase. :(

on 5/6/2010 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I will not buy this again. It looks nothing like it does in the pan on my skin. On my eyes it just looks navy blue/black. I see no shimmer or purple. I thought this was a popular color for some reason. I think I had read about it in several magazines. But now reading the reviews on here I know I'm not crazy and this color really isn't that great.

Top Rated MAC Products