November 28, 2014 | 1965 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Tresor

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by pinkmakeupgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a very mature fragrance. I will love this fragrance, I will buy old, established fragrances, nothing new and popular again for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The reformulated Tresor smells beautiful. Most fragrances give me an instant headache. This does not. EDIT: I have since learned that the fragrance I have and love is called "Tresor Sheer" It smells alot like Tresor In Love in my opinion but a bit more subtle.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by rebelb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Notes: vanilla and metallic sandalwood. No hint of the touted peach/apricot or rose. A soft powdery fragrance suitable for a lovely lady in her 70's or 80's +. But definitely elderly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Notes: Rose, lily of the valley, lilac, peach

I’m not a fan of florals however I like distinctive fragrances and Tresor falls into that category. I totally agree with previous reviewer that lot of younger women nowdays just smell like latest ear de whatever which smells like everything and everyone else. I still remember when Tresor first came out, I was pretty young but I really did like it. My mom used to wear it too so sometimes I steal spray or two from her bottle.
If you used to wearing fruity water or the usual generic crap that is so popular, you will probably think this is “old lady smell” or that its “powdery”(it doesn’t smell powdery at all-this is coming from someone who dislikes powdery frags), or my personal favorite”smells like carrots”. I’m inclined to think that that particular reviewer have never eaten or smelled carrots before.
It’s a warm feminine floral scent that has a definitely whiff of peach which is all good for me since I love peaches. This is one of the few florals that I can see wearing in the cold weather because its rather potent. Mind you, it doesn’t lash out and hit you full in the face(unlike Angel). It lingers and whispers, bringing to mind high tea in the garden, floral dresses and big hats. Its not something I wear often but when I do, I feel very nostalgic and longing for the “good old days”(from my life, that is)

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised that this perfume doesn't get more love or is regarded as an "old lady" fragrance. It deserves more praise and it does not smell old lady. i think the correct word for it would be unusual, uncommon, special. I have to say that many fragrances on the market as we speak reek of a trick or treat bag or candy shop. Or smell foodie period. I find it quite sad because I find that many women no longer smell feminine, but rather walking drones that have sprayed the latest Eau de Wonka. The fragrances no longer have personalty, no mystery, no complexity, nor a quirky, off-kilt note that give that makes it memorable. I can remember the classics, and why they are classic in the first place. I can't remember many of the latest, because they are no different from what you can find in BBW.

This one, however, is special. I will not write the ingredients or the notes this fragrance has because other reviewers have taken the liberty of doing so. But I will tell you that this is a romantic yet elegant fragrance that would favor anyone unless, this style of fragrance does not become them. On top of that, this fragrance manages to be refreshing somehow, and have a bit of whimsy. It is that great mix between light and heady. I wouldn't describe this fragrance as old lady but rather as pretty and girly. It is a tad serious, and not free flowing and untamed like recent perfumes. And I rather like that reserve, because that is how we should present ourselves I think.

I don't think anyone over the age of 18 should smell like candy, unless it is refined somehow. I know one reason for the popularity of sweet fragrances is that they make people feel younger and seem cheerful. I think you can be all that and not have to sacrifice elegance. I think that is the feeling this fragrance tries to convey, and I find it quite sad that it may be fighting a losing battle today. The bottle design shows the elegance and refinement of a time gone by, and still, willing to stay. I don't think this is a bad fragrance, or an ostentatious one, but right for a person that conveys the aura I mentioned. A non-comforming person that quietly refuses to settle, and be like everyone else. It refuses to be normal, and embraces its oddity. I rather like this, but again, it saddens me a bit that I don't find it fitting for me.

23 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Pinksatin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice packaging, but terrible smell. I simply can not stay with someone wearing this in the same room. I can't breathe. Very irritating powdery, spicey smell. And I am not the kind of person who is very sensitive or delicate. In fact it happens very rarely.
But this is only my personal view and how my respiration system reacts :).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by lxb87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use the lotion and its scent is wonderful. Its staying power is pretty long-lasting, which is nice. It's a great perfume. My only complaint is the recent packaging change. Instead of a pump, the lotion has nothing in it. I have to shake it out, and I can't imagine how hard it will be to get it out after half the bottle is finished. The pump in the old packaging was much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never had any fragrance that I hated so much at first and came to love so much as the hours of wearing it rolled on. This was putrid to me when I first sprayed it on but I wore it anyway on a date with a guy I didn't like much and by the end of the evening I was in love--with Tresor. It is super sexy, more so than any perfume I've ever smelled. It smells like you know you will get laid at the end of the evening. It lingers there always in the background announcing that you applied a magnificent scent knowing it would lead to some incredible lovemaking. It is perfumey. It lingers all evening. Is that peach, vanilla, spices, honeysuckle, white musk? I can only guess. I don't call this oriental or flowery or like anything I can describe.
I can only tell you that this is what you wear when you want to get some.

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Cares50

Love love love this perfume. I use the body lotion for everyday, and for special occasions, I layer with the bath foam, body lotion and perfume. Love love love it. It's light but definitely there... elegant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Meg2005

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I remember wearing Trésor a few years ago, liking it but feeling rather overwhelmed by it - seemed to remind me of someone, and I could not figure out just who. But then it hit me! Oh yes!
Lady Bracknell. I could well imagine her, sailing into a room, a splendid vision of silks and satins, gloves, hat, lorgnette, boa feathers and flowers ~ wafting a trail of Trésor! This lady does not believe in mincing words. She calls spade a spade, gwendolen a gwendolen, and could give the rest of us lessons in assertive negotiations. All peaches and cream, honey and roses, her statement would unmistakably be something along the lines of .....Now listen Earnest-or-whatever-your-name-is, I am not a person to be trifled with.
Indeed, the Importance of Being Earnest.
Heaven help us, it does not get more earnest than that.
No, absolutely not, I felt I could not wear it again, and never repurchased, until it was reformulated, and suddenly became a mellower, prettier, rosier version of its former thorny self. I might now cheerfully come to terms with it and get ready to be taught a lesson or two regarding
The Importance Of Being Grown Up.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No