September 2, 2014 | 1845 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mary Kay - Acne Treatment Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2006 11:44:00 AM More reviews by audreyliz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know why I bought this since I already knew it was exactly the same thing I could buy at Target for half the price. Benzoyl peroxide is benzoyl peroxide, unless you get a prescription, then its stronger benzoyl peroxide. It worked as well as any other similar product, but for alot more money. I guess the lure of a free travel rollup bag if I spent enough money was the attraction.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2006 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Trahnee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never reviewed a product before, but had to do this one. I am 37. 2 months ago I broke out with terrible acne due to an Estee Lauder product. Nothing worked. The first time I used this product my acne was almost gone! HOWEVER...please don't go overboard with this like I did! Follow the directions and start out once a day or every other day. I was so happy with the results that I used it 3 times the first day! It slightly "burned" my skin and caused swelling. It was my own fault. It's healing quickly. I plan on using it once a week to keep my skin under control.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2006 4:01:00 PM More reviews by kisabel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really like this stuff - it's very smooth & goes on completely clear. I use this in ADDITION to ProActiv (and I use the Extra-Strength version of ProActiv -most people don't even know about the Extra-Strength formula - the cleanser has more exfoliants & the toner has salisylic acid in it).

I do the whole ProActive 3-step routine & then add this MK Acne Treatment Gel to any zits. Nothing ever seems to dry my skin out - even with all this benzoyl peroxide I still have breakouts. I have always had terrible skin & this combo really seems to help. Leaves no white streaky stuff behind - fully absorbed & excellent under makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff for the very occasional breakout - which is when I deviate from using the entire Mary Kay line. If I use everything from Mary Kay then I get no breakouts. It is not very drying and you put it on right after you wash your face - or if you use the complexion essence. You then put the day or night solution on afterwards and then the moisturizer. You always need moisturizer otherwise makeup will not blend well and this product could dry out your skin. It contains 5% benzoyl peroxide (the active ingredient in Proactiv, although proactiv is incredibly too strong and harsh for me, they use a higher percentage of Penzoyl peroxide though so that is why) Anyways works great and I recommend the entire face line with it, otherwise you are not getting the full benefit.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2006 7:44:00 AM More reviews by vabelle77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product dries out my pimples, but unfortunately it causes an allergic (?) reaction to the rest of my face. I'm 29, and don't really have acne, but I've used this product 3 times when I've gotten ONE pimple I couldn't get rid of. The next day the skin all over my face and neck has gotten really bumpy and itchy. Weird, I don't consider myself to be all that skin-sensitive and I love all the other MK products and skin care line.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by tmking

Good stuff for a low price. It's hard to find 5% benzoyl peroxide lotions anymore, and the 2.5% I was using didn't cut it, but the 10% was too harsh. MK's is invisible, not over drying, no adverse reactions for me, and it seems to help keep my acne under control. To be fair, I don't have a big problem with it, just the occasional small blemish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2006 10:46:00 AM More reviews by snoody_89

I love, love, love this! Before trying this product, I used Neutrogena On-The Spot treatment, which had 2.5% benzoyl peroxide (this has 5%). This product beat out Neutrogena for miles! Each night, I apply it wherever I get acne, and in the morning it's still clear as ever. This works much faster than Neutrogena did, plus it's cheaper ($7 compared to over $10). I like the packaging of this (a squeeze tube with a pointed tip) compared to Neutrogena's (a squeeze tube with a flip-top cap) as well. This is great stuff, and I would absolutely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2006 2:57:00 PM More reviews by deviantster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This gel is apparently the strongest treatment you can get without a prescription. And it is definitly a cheaper alternitive. I really like to apply this stuff every hour on a day when my face is breaking out more than normal and by the next morning there is a huge difference without drying my skin out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 7:14:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There is something wrong with a universe that allows one to be 44 and still fighting the occasional acne outbreak. I have more problems with it now than I did as a teenager! This is great stuff. It clears the problem pretty quickly and it doesn't dry out my skin. It doesn't leave behind a film or a scent. I hope the end of my acne problem is coming soon, but until then, I'll always have MK acne treatment on hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2006 8:02:00 PM More reviews by AKpilot

I use this stuff on my nose just about everyday after I wash my face (I hate the little blackheads and this product makes them much less noticable!). I also apply it where ever I think there may be a blemish forming, and this helps quite a bit! It makes the blemish much less inflamed and before you know it, the blemish is ready to be taken care of (if ya know what I mean!). I would buy this again, and recommend it to everyone.