October 23, 2014 | 1138 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Clean Sweep Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by welc0106

These KILLED my face. My face has never hurt this much or been this red before...even during my absolute worst sunburn. I don't even have sensitive skin- I have used benzoyl peroxide and retin a in the past, both with no problems. I don't know what ingredient in this caused me so much harm, but after one use my entire face was on absolute fire, even though I washed it off (with a cerave, a very gentle cleanser) afterwards! The pain subsided the next day, but I was red for several days afterward. They did seem to do a good job of taking off my makeup. Obviously most people haven't had any problems, but I would definitely suggest patch testing these before using them on your whole face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ViMaquillage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this brand of wipes, and I've used all kinds! This seems to be the only one made with the softest material and a lot of other brands out there (Neutrogena, I'm looking at you!) seem to use cheap material because they irritate my skin, almost as if I'm wiping my face with a sheet full of thumb tacts.

Anyway, I think it's great for removing any kind of face make up and it doesn't leave any kind of greasy residue which is a big thing for me as I am quite acne-proned. However I definitely recommend adding an oil base make up remover to it for around the eyes as you do end up fighting to remove mascara and eyeliner.

Price...

$5 in most drugstores and it comes with 30 sheets. Definitely cheap.

Packaging...

Enh...It isn't my favorite packaging as it doesn't have the fancy plastic device on the top to prevent the product from drying up. It closes up by way of glue which does wear out after constant contact with moisture from the wipes!

Repurchase?

Definitely! Always have and most likely always will!

Before you go out and buy it...

Just go out and buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by mareeyah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are the best wipes I've used thus far. They're effective at removing makeup (as effective as the MAC wipes or the Neutrogena wipes), they don't irritate my skin or my eyes, and they don't leave a greasy residue. The best part is they're cheap and can be purchased at many stores! I recently bought the Neutrogena wipes to compare and I'm not impressed. The Neutrogena wipes aren't textured, leave a greasy residue, and cost more. I had to wash my face after using the Neutrogena wipes because I could not stand how my face felt after using them. The one thing I DO wish the Ponds wipes would improve on is the packaging. They should sell a plastic container to put the refills in because the adhesive on the packaging wears off. Otherwise, I LOVE this product and will repurchase it after I get rid of the Neutrogena ones. -- Ponds Cleansing Towelettes 30 ct. are about $3-$4 and Neutrogena Makeup Remover Towelettes 25 ct. are about $5-$7 for the refill pack and $6-$8 for the plastic container pack.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by gorosheeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Takes off all my mu, doesn't smell bad, and doesn't break me out. It would be HG, but it isn't organic 8^/

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by nishikiyowa

I swear by Pond's every time people ask me about make up removers; this stuff is amazing. It removes my make up easily without me having to rub and pull on my skin. My favorite is the Micro Dermabrasion, it leaves my skin feeling extremely clean afterwards! Plus, this stuff is cheap compared to the high end make up removers.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by SugarNikita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have dehydrated skin which can never seem to find a balance between dry and oily. I tend to break out at the same time each month, and I have medium to large pores that get easily blocked. I have used these cleansing clothes for years, and just recently started using them again more frequently, and to my delight, found that they are keeping my skin much clearer! I used to use one and then rinse my face, but recently found that rinsing my face is not necessary, and I find my skin stays cleaner if I let my face air dry after using one. I also switched facial moisturizers (Vaseline Aloe Fresh Moisturizing Body Gel), which I'm sure has helped, but this product helps to keep my skin looking that much clearer. They are also a good way to exfoliate, especially if harsh, abrasive scrubs irritate your skin as they do mine. They also remove makeup, including mascara, pretty well by themselves. They will irritate your eyes if you get a good amount in them, so just be careful when using in that area. Give them a shot. You just might love the difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by redgummybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

These wipes are kind of awful. I bought these in a pinch, because I could not find my regular Neutrogena wipes, these were one of the cheapest available, and I am impressed with Ponds Cold Cream as a makeup remover.

However, these wipes left loads of foundation, eyeliner and mascara on my face, which I could already tell as I scrubbed the cloth against my skin trying to use every inch of fabric to get my makeup off. Afterward, going over my face with a cotton ball and toner, I saw there was even more product leftover on my skin than I had initially thought. I have used makeup wipes from Neutrogena and DHC, and Ponds wipes were by far the worst of the three. I gave them two lippies, since they do remove some makeup.

I remain unimpressed with these and ended up re-purchasing my Neutrogena wipes and saving these for days I mess-up my makeup or am experimenting and just need to remove eyeshadow or swatches.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

You can find these on the skincare aisle @ most Walmarts for $6.47 for a 30 count, and sometimes cheaper depending on the specials that week. These have quickly become HG for me. There are a few different versions....there's Age Defying, Microdermabrasion, and Original Clean IIRC. I use the Original Clean. I have hypersensitive skin and it's difficult to find items that work for me. Most products break me out whether it be flaring up my dermatitis or zits. These are very gentle, non-drying, they're pleasantly scented, and the cloth unfolds so that you can do your entire face.Even better...they actually remove most makeup. I say "most" makeup as I've tried these with waterproof mascara and they really didn't cut it. I don't have many cheap habits so I was stoked to find these and even more so that they work. Definitely give them a chance.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Hexylene Glycol, Anthemis Nobilis(Chamomile) Flower extract, Tocopheryl acetate(Vitamin E Acetate), Camellia Sinensis(Green Tea) Leaf extract, Camellia Sinensis(White Tea) Leaf extract, Cyclopia Intermedia (Honeybush) Leaf extract, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Xylitlylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Fragrance, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Butylene Glycol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by elysiamarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this product. Removes all my make-up(before I use my cleanser). Doesn't make me break-out or dry out my forehead. The price is amazing too! 5 something for 30(in Canada). Awesome product!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually use the generic version of these from Walgreens, which are much cheaper and just as great. i use these as a m/u remover (to take off mascara, concealer and blush) BEFORE i cleanse. Works great. I just wish they were a little more wet, but it is still pretty darn good. Very soft and effective formula.