Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream

4.1

Active Ingredient: aluminum chlorohydrate 16%. Inactive ingredients: water, isopropyl myristate, cetyl esters, propylene glycol, peg-75 stearate, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, ceteth-20, steareth-20, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, bisabolol, orange fruit extract, lemon peel extract, linseed seed extract, farnesol, quillaja saponaria bark extract, witch hazel extract.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

had to completely re-write this review after i stumbled across a product called 5-day deodorant at rite-aid with the EXACT SAME active ingredient as kiehl's superbly efficient. only 5-day deo has the ingredient at 9% higher strength (!!!), is half the price (!!!), and is packaged in 75 disposable pads instead of a tube, with plenty of liquid in the jar (if you so desire) to add your own cotton pads and get even MORE use out of the jar.

i always thought this product was exorbitantly priced, but was willing to pay for it since it made certain-dri more effective...now with 5-day deo, i don't need certain-dri OR kiehl's.

on 9/12/2010 11:27:00 AM

The thing I like most about this is that it has made my underarm hair thinner and shaving every day no longer leaves me with a gross rash!

on 8/3/2010 11:25:00 AM

I really love the formula of this deodorant. it does not smell, and the creamy texture means it applies and spreads very easily. it dries very quickly and unlike conventional stick deodorant, does not cause white marks on dark coloured clothing! it definitely works very well! true to its marketing strategy as a deodorant with less chemicals, it definitely does do its job very well in the first 24 hours, but unlike other brands like ladys speed stick, i cannot go without reapplication the next day. (with a more chemical-based deodorant, i can go 2-3 days without using deodorant with no sticky feeling etc). However, i rather use a more skin-friendly deodorant than to go back to using a conventional one!
took one lippie off because i find that the applicator/head of the deodorant isnt the most userfriendly nor sanitary.
but overall, great product

on 7/29/2010 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i'm so sad to write that this doesn't work for me at all. I really wanted it to work, but it just doesn't do anything to me. Can't control sweats and odor AT ALL. I do like its cream texture but that's not helping.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

this works well for me, although i havent used it in the summer months yet. i usually have problems with sweaty armpits all year round though, and used dryclor to control it until i switched to this which has been just as effective.
its easy to apply - the top of the tube is rounded with a hole in it, you squeeze some product from the hole and then apply to your armpits. you dont need a lot to coat your whole armpit, it smells nice/fresh and it doesnt irritate my skin at all (some deodorants give me armpit acne :[ ), even when ive just shaved my armpits.
you have to leave it to dry for a minute or so before you put clothes on otherwise it will leave white marks on the inside of your clothes.
this costs around 10 (i got a full tube in a swap), and i dont think i would buy it, there are cheaper and more natural deodorants out there.

on 1/9/2010 6:13:00 PM

This is the best deodorant: super effective and I can trust it always works (also in very hot and humid weather). A little bit pricey but due to the great quality I use a tiny bit at the time. The packaging is not the best as when I get towards the end of the tube it is not easy to take the product out. On the other end, the tube is small and handy and can be eaily carried around.

on 12/27/2009 3:16:00 AM

This is my fave deo! have been using it for past 3 years since my old pharceutical brand was discontinued. Im glad i found it cos it realy works well. The only gripe is the tube cos i have to cut out the tube to get to the last bit. Recently, was in Bangkok for shopping and was given a whitening deodorant from Nivea. To be honest, I love NIvea's creams and lotions but have no faith in their deos. BUt the product surprised me. I think it works and love its floral scent but Khiel's deo is still.... really the best.

on 12/14/2009 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ever since the deodorant I wasn't allergic to (Fruits & Passion something or other) was discontinued I've been searching for a new one. I absolutely love this stuff. It doesn't smell (strongly), it needs only a bit and it works for a long time. So good.

It doesn't last long enough though.

on 10/1/2009 12:58:00 AM

I have been using this product for about 2 years off and on...I love creme deodorants since I used Nivea Creme from Germany (which is amazing!) This is a bit overpriced but I use it mainly for when I am out and do not want any white marks. Creme deodorants are the only ones that will NEVER leave white marks for me.... This deodorant is not for use if you are a heavy sweater or doing anything when you might need extra for, like the gym.... Also, It really starts losing its effeciveness after 2 months once opened. I find it is best to rotate it with a drugstore deodorant...
UPDATE&& I think they changed the formula since it is not working at all... Will not buy again after this tube is gone.

on 9/26/2009 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The name says it's "superbly efficient" but this anti-perspirant deodorant is so much more! It's unique cream formula works like a dream and then some. My skin can be very hyper-sensitive - especially my underarms - and this product has proved to be a perfect match for me.

FORMULA: A cream formula! This is the only one I know of and I am so happy I was open to it. This anti-perspirant deodorant applies to my skin just like a moisturizing cream would though it dries/absorbs much more quickly. It doesn't feel like I've just put a cream under my arms, it just feels clean and dry. The formula is unscented which I really love - I can rest assured that it is working without any interference of a masking scent. I honestly believe only the best formulas come in an unscented option because they've nothing to hide. The active ingredient is listed as "Aluminum chlorohydrate 16% (Anti-perspirant)". The formula also includes orange, lemon, and linseed extracts.

EFFICIENCY: You are going to get a 2 for 1 review in this area because both me and my SO use this product. I'm a girl, he's a boy, so here we go... BOTH: This keeps both of us dry under even the harshest of circumstances (helping someone move in July!). We're impressed. No B.O. AT ALL to report since we've been using this product. We've been using this exclusively for 4+ years now. ME (girl): I like how gentle this is on my underarms, even after shaving when my skin is at it's most sensitive. It doesn't leave any marks on any of my clothes either. SO (boy): "I like that it works!" (I ask for further detail and he continues:) "It feels nice. And it doesn't stain my shirts. It just feels...fresh, clean."

PACKAGING: This product comes in a tube. When you open the cap you'll see that there is an applicator head with a little hole in the center where the product comes out - it's a bit like a lip gloss but for your underarm, lol. Squeeze the tube until enough product comes out onto the applicator head and then apply the product to your underarm. Easy!

BOTTOM LINE: This is our HG. We've been buying Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream for years and we'll continue to buy it again and again. It's a unique formula that has everything we want - a gentle formula that is extremely effective, unscented, feels nice on the skin, and leaves no stains/marks on clothing.

♥ Thank you for reading my/our review! :) Hope it was helpful! ♥