April 16, 2014 | 1898 users online

Brows - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Brow Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ilookcool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ths is not even water resistant, let alone waterproof!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

My brows have always been my bete noir. Because I was hypothyroid for years, most of the outer halves of my brows are very sparse, so plucking to define would only do so much for them and they really needed filling.

I reached an okay sort of place with either brow powder or a pencil but very rarely could I get *just right* natural but sculpted brows, mostly they were just passable. Also, because the outer halves of my brows are so sparse, for my pencil or powder to fade or smudge off was kind of a disaster.

So the big attraction of Aqua Brow for me was the promise that it would stay put all day and night. I honestly thought I would probably end up returning it, because $20 is steep, and it would have to really blow me away to be worth it. Well I am here to say that I'm keeping my tube. Used with the #10 Sephora brow brush it somehow makes the perfect brow childishly simple. Unlike pencil, it doesn't look like I'm shading in with a product -- as I apply it, it literally looks like my brows are growing thicker. I can't believe how natural it looks, especially since I dubiously ended up with a tube of Ash and it looks so gray and pale in the tube, but it's the perfect shade to fill in my dark-but-sparse brows without making them darker and clownlike.

And it does stay put. I accidentally made the tail of one brow a smidge too long and couldn't rub it off -- had to go for a drop of oil-based cleanser to get it off.

I love this stuff passionately. It will easily last as long as $20 worth of brow pencils, with no sharpening and way better results. Best $20 I've ever spent on makeup.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This thing is amazing and YES it does stay put all day all night even under water...you can easily remove it with makeup remover but other than that it stays put! A little goes a long wayyyy and the eyebrows look great!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by sawmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used the former eyebrow corrector, but it was too red. When this came out, I waited, but I missed how long-lasting the product was. So I bought the new lightest shade. It lasts and lasts, which is phenomenal, but I still have to use pencil with it to finish off the tails of my brows and fill in underneath. I just can't get a nice, defined line on the bottom of my brows with it. But I'm okay with that because it makes it all last longer. I have very oily brows, so pencils fade fast and then it's hard to touch up--this makes it all work.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by 18wildrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

would someone be kind enough to post the ingredients list of the product? thank you!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by jamezbreh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Packaging: The MUFE Aqua Brow comes in a small sized squeeze tube. It is very easy to throw it in your makeup bag and is great for travel.

Pigmentation: I was blown away by the pigmentation. You need the smallest amount, like less than a single drop of water, to completely fill in both of your eyebrows. I use the color 25 Ash and it is perfect. It's a very dark brown that softly adds definition to your eyebrows.

Longevity: This lasts all day long. After it has dried, it doesn't smudge or move whatsoever. I've even tested its waterproof factor in the pool and I can verify that there was very little product that moved or faded.

Price: I bought Aqua Brow at Sephora for $20. This may be a little pricy for some. I'm used to buying Avon Brow Pencils, which are usually around $3-5. However, for the amount of product that you get and the amount of product that you use every day, it is well worth the price. I've had the same tube for about 7 months and I would say that I'm 50% done with it.

Overall: This is my holy grail eyebrow product. I've used pencils and powders before, but this is by far my favorite brow product to use. You only truly need the smallest amount. I will definitely repurchase if I ever finish this tube!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by dlgdcpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Truly original and great product! I've tried pencils and Anastasia powder duo with a slanted brush and it just looked so obvious. So glad I tried this out, it is a gel you use with a slanted brush, it looks a lot more like actual hair, and it's not budging or fading at all. I really feel like I had a brow life with this as I was finally able to create a realistic arch, one higher than my very low natual one. Changed my whole look. Great going MUFE, you sometimes remind me of why you are as popular as you are.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by keekz

I love love love this brow formula. It's got just the right amount of pigment, stays on until you want it off, is a decent price, and comes in a cute little tube. I sometimes sleep in my makeup and i am AMAZED at how lovely my eyebrows look in the morning, this sh*t seriously doesn't budge!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by rocketqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Why didn't I hear of this before? It's genius! Aqua Brow is a small tube that contains a waterproof gel formula. It's lightweight but has quite a lot of pigment to it, doesn't feel watery.

I've previously used:

Eyeshadow (MAC Concrete or BB Espresso, wet and/or dry with an angled 208 or 266 brush - can look a little too obvious at times since I don't have much brows to begin with). Doesn't last well throughout the day.

Fluidline gel liner with the MAC angled 266 brush: doesn't stay on during the day.

Brow pencil (MAC Spiked/Stud): looks too "clumpy" on my skin and too harsh even if I blend it. Doesn't last.

All the former ones combined in different ways. What I was looking for was something that stays on the skin during the day and doesn't disappear or form small 'clumps' on the skin. This is it!

It does take a while to get used to when applying it, but it's definitely worth it. I use it with a small angled synthetic brush (I've found that the natural hair ones aren't that great in terms of evening out the product) and use short strokes with very little product. Don't use too much, a little goes such a long way. I dispense a little of the product and work it into the brush (just on the nozzle) before applying. The play time isn't very long so try to work fast. When it dries, it dries! In my experience, it's not great for layering as it can clump a little.

And yes, it stays on even though drizzle or a long day at work!

I use the #40 which is a ashy dark blackened brown - no red in it. (Hooray!) I have black/brown hair and fair skin (NC15), and this is a perfect match.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Prior to discovering Aqua Brow I was using the Benfit Brow-Zing kit to groom, shade and tame my brows. But, curiousity and a ton of glowing reviews got the best of me and I ordered Aqua Brow online, which was a feat, because it's rather hard to find MUFE products in the UK.

After doing plenty of research, I bought the shade #20 'Light Brown'. I have very dark hair and brows but my personal experiences with using 'dark' versions of brow products have left me looking like Cruella de Vil and made me look like I've filled my brows in with a black Sharpie! Thankfully, the light brown shade is a great match, and I'd advise anyone to go one shade lighter than what you think you are, because it does dry slightly darker.

Now, MUFE claim that Aqua Brow is waterproof, and it really is! I've worn this during rain showers and to my utter amazement my brows are still in place perfectly! I love the gel-texture, I can easily spread a tiny dot using my MAC 266 or Real Techniques angled brush and quickly fill my brows in, although it does dry fast so you have to work quick. It effortlessly tames my brows, gives great shape and most importantly, lasts all day. I'm a huge fan of the packaging too; a little tube with a tiny nozzle hole which means I can easily control how much product I want, will definitely keep repurchasing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No