July 30, 2014 | 1425 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - You Snap the Whip Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by peachachess

I have tried and loved all of the Lush body butters, and this one, although not nearly my favorite, is still pretty great. Yes, it isn't as moisturizing as the others, but it also doesn't leave as much of an oily film (which is sometimes good, sometimes bad.) The smell is a nice subtle currant, but it didn't last on my skin. The charcoal all over everything can be a little jarring at first, but not anything that can't be rinsed down the drain. Will probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2007 7:42:00 AM More reviews by aeresu

I absolutely ADORE the blackcurrant scent of this body butter! One of the bars was melting in the store and I picked it up and it stayed on my fingers all day, mmm. Anyway, this body butter seems to melt a lot faster than any of the other LUSH body butters so it doesn't last as long. The little grains in it really help exfoliate the skin to leave it feeling smooth with a hint of its delicious smell. The scent didn't really linger too long on my body afterwards though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 5:25:00 AM More reviews by steph_mark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

omg i can't believe the previous reviewer threw this away! one of my first lush purchases, i am COMPLETELY hooked on you snap the whip. reading the description on the lush site, i really didn't think i'd like the scent of the bar, but i wanted a good exfoliator. when i got the bar, i was still about half and half on whether or not i'd like it. once in the shower, it smells just a little creamier and sweeter, so i LOVE it! added bonus-the sweet, cherry and currant scent lasts ALL DAY on my skin. very subtly, but i can still get a whiff of it on my arm eight hours after using it! despite having charcoal and pumice pieces in it, it's not too rough on my skin. i use it on my chest, shoulders, arms, elbows, legs, knees, heels and feet. i do only use it about once a week since it's kinda expensive and i don't want to use it all up at once. also, i keep it in the fridge and just cut off about a cube about an inch wide for each shower which is the perfect amount. i'm definately glad that i ordered this and i'm looking forward to trying more of lush's body butters.

(ps-i'm not having a problem w/ black film in my shower, it all rinses away while i'm rinsing.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 12:38:00 AM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT!! I find moisturizing after every shower tedious, so I love the fact this does the moisturising for me! The scent is divine, the whole process is enjoyable (there's nothing like getting dirty to get clean!) and my skin is silky smooth afterwards. Macadamia nut butter melts quickly anyway, so I wasn't expecting this to last a long time. I wasn't shocked that it was gone in 4 washes. Beautiful product, and I will buy it over and over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Nuzie

I'm also really astounded by the number of bad reviews. I wanted to try the LUSH body butters and "You Snap the Whip" was my first ever. It seems so fruity and delicious, which I prefer to floral and citrus-y smells and it seemed it would last for quite a while. When I took it home, it filled my whole room with the sweet scent and it made me hungry very often XD
The product itself it very scrubby and fun to use, seeing as it can turn you into a purple monster. The great thing about this product is that you don't have to use a moisturizer afterwards, which I hate doing and there is subtle scent on your skin afterwards. Can't help but stroke yourself afterwards. One thing I don't recommend it using it while bathing in a tub, that is if you want the bar to last. It might melt really quickly. So far, the uses are limited for like 6 showers.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2007 1:53:00 AM More reviews by lidiya6

I loved the scent in the store (black currant) but at home it smells like a cough drop. After reading reviews about how it melts, I cut mine into 9 equal chunks and store them in a tin in the fridge. One chunk is the perfect amount to cover arms, legs, and some body. It's OK at exfoliation, I rub it into dry skin, then shower off. I don't have a problem getting the black stain off my skin, and it rinses right off my shower tiles too. But I am underwhelmed and will not repurchase. Really disappointed at how the scent turned - as that was my main reason for buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 5:14:00 AM More reviews by kallirhoe

I love this one, it really exfoliates my skin and combined with dream cream it has really helped on my nasty keratosis pilaris. However I don't think this would be suited for very sensitive skin because it really exfoliates and doesn't give a lot of moisture.It smells berry like and very fresh. I didn't have any problems with stains on my(very pale) skin or in my bathroom.

The only problem is that it melts really fast, I solved this by cutting it into small "one shower" pieces and keep the rest of the bar in the fridge. It feels even more refreshing when it's still cold:)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2007 1:45:00 AM More reviews by angelfish25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as part of the Very Berry gify box for my birthday and, after reading a bunch of bad reviews, I was worried that it would suck big time. I was very pleasantly surprised!

I adore the blackcurrant smell, so so yummy. I didn't find it scratchy at all... my horrible arms need some serious scrubbing so this worked well for me. I actually liked the black colour. It looked cool and I didn't find that it stained my skin at all.

You need to give the bath a good rinse straight after using it... but really you should be rinsing after every bath anyway so I don't see that as a problem.

Only down side is I found it pretty drying, but my arms are like the sahara anyway.

It loses a lippie cos it's a bit on the messy side, otherwise I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2007 9:56:00 AM More reviews by forwardrussia

This is heavenly! The smell is refreshing, like ribena! It's less moisturising then Buffy but it's better at scrubbing. The only problem is the colour - it takes ages to get it off and if you leave this on the sink or on another white coloured surface, beware of the consequences

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by nemesis41

Absolutely love this stuff! I cut my bar up into six pieces so that I get as much as possible out of the bar. It scrubs and melts away in the shower leaving smooth skin and a sweet blackcurrant scent. Yummy! It's main drawback is that it leaves kind of a mess in the shower- be sure to rinse the shower well before you get out, because the black bits in this bar get everywhere.

Overall, very nice to use. Absolutely adore the scent. Will repurchase.