LUSH You Snap the Whip Body Butter

3.4

Snap the whip smells like sweet berries & it does exfoliate but omg it really does leave a mess. When this first came out, I grabbed one up quickly in high hopes but after one use, the blue/black residue from this gets everywhere! It covered my tub & splashed on the tile (I'm not so sure either how it got there lol) The other gripe I have is that it only lasts for a few uses, it melts down so damn quick so you have to be sure to keep it very dry & out of water.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

What a mess! Be prepared for the messiness of this product (though I haven't read the other reviews, I imagine them delivering the same warning). That said, this smells so good, a very nice exotic berry jam scent, very soft and sweet.
The exfoliation power is awesome, it left my skin very smooth, about equal to Isle of Eden whipped sugar scrubs (my staple exfoliators).
It's fun to use, easy to use (I like to use mine in the bath tub on wet skin, I feel it increases circulation), and melts quickly.
A bit pricey considering you're lucky to get 3-5 adequate uses out of it, but the positives make it an item I will repurchase in the future :).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love LUSH's body butters! They are a mush for winter skin. This bar left my skin silky smooth after using it and I really did not need to use too much lotion afterwards. The smell is suppose to be a black currant but it smells more like a can of pepsi cola w/ vanilla drink to me. There are cons after using this bar:

1st this bar does not last long about 5-6 washes if you are lucky! (it's like a stick of butter....really.)

2nd it's messy and the no lather is a frosty black with tiny bit of real charcoal in it.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Of the 3 lush butter products I've tried, I like this one the least.
A) it's not very moisturizing
B) simply not worth the price when it only lasts 3 - 4 showers at the most
C) If it were exfoliation I needed, many bath scrubs and salts perform just as good, if not better - and for much less
D) Messy, it doesn't hold together like regular soap, so if you use it in the shower, black stuff splatters all over the walls and tub.

Other than that it has a nice smell, but I won't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

this has a very nice smell. pretty sweet. at first it hurt to use it. it works a lil too good. i use it for the backs of my arms and my bum and thighs. leaves my skin super smooth. it does melt waaay to fast so i try not to use as often. also it isn't very moisturizing at all..but i will continue to purchase it because it does exfoliate extremely well.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Not the best of the LUSH scrubs, my favourite thing about this one is the smell, which reminds me of ribena. It does moisturize the skin and exfoliate but not to make a noticeable difference and the purpleish colour is a bit off putting. Unless you're really fond off the smell I'd recommend using other scrubs in the range.

Well, it was fun ( getting dirty while you get clean!) and smells great. but it melts so fast, and nothing about you snap the whip is that outstanding. very subtle exfoliating, very subtle (if any) moisturuzation. It was nice to try, but probably not again.

I have tried and loved all of the Lush body butters, and this one, although not nearly my favorite, is still pretty great. Yes, it isn't as moisturizing as the others, but it also doesn't leave as much of an oily film (which is sometimes good, sometimes bad.) The smell is a nice subtle currant, but it didn't last on my skin. The charcoal all over everything can be a little jarring at first, but not anything that can't be rinsed down the drain. Will probably repurchase.

I absolutely ADORE the blackcurrant scent of this body butter! One of the bars was melting in the store and I picked it up and it stayed on my fingers all day, mmm. Anyway, this body butter seems to melt a lot faster than any of the other LUSH body butters so it doesn't last as long. The little grains in it really help exfoliate the skin to leave it feeling smooth with a hint of its delicious smell. The scent didn't really linger too long on my body afterwards though.

omg i can't believe the previous reviewer threw this away! one of my first lush purchases, i am COMPLETELY hooked on you snap the whip. reading the description on the lush site, i really didn't think i'd like the scent of the bar, but i wanted a good exfoliator. when i got the bar, i was still about half and half on whether or not i'd like it. once in the shower, it smells just a little creamier and sweeter, so i LOVE it! added bonus-the sweet, cherry and currant scent lasts ALL DAY on my skin. very subtly, but i can still get a whiff of it on my arm eight hours after using it! despite having charcoal and pumice pieces in it, it's not too rough on my skin. i use it on my chest, shoulders, arms, elbows, legs, knees, heels and feet. i do only use it about once a week since it's kinda expensive and i don't want to use it all up at once. also, i keep it in the fridge and just cut off about a cube about an inch wide for each shower which is the perfect amount. i'm definately glad that i ordered this and i'm looking forward to trying more of lush's body butters.

(ps-i'm not having a problem w/ black film in my shower, it all rinses away while i'm rinsing.)

Top Rated LUSH Products