July 28, 2014 | 2061 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by mymiddlenameisjane

Like everyone else, I've thought these balls looked pretty interesting for awhile now, but I sort of assumed they were just a gimmick.

Well, they might be slightly gimmicky, but they're also really amazing! I have Mythic, which works really well on my fair skin. I use tinted moisturizer in the morning, and then I swirl my brush over the balls and brush kind of haphazardly over my face. And I can't really explain what they do, but after a few minutes, my face looks poreless and radiant. Like, more poreless and more radiant than any other product has ever rendered it. Plus, any discolorations or blotchiness just disappear. And the effect lasts for six or seven hours usually.

The packing is really pretty, though I wish it weren't cardboard.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by LaBoulet

I love my Meteorites in Pink Fresh! I use it as a finishing powder all over my face. As others have said, the effect is not dramatic at first - but wait... Throughout the day, I find my skin has a velvety finish and healthy hue that lasts and lasts. I use it sparingly, as it is a finishing, color-correcting powder that, if applied too heavily, will make you look pink... I have used it over bare skin, over Bare Minerals, over Halo, over both liquid and creme foundations, and the effect is always beautiful. I love the box - everyone seems to hate the cardboard, but I remember luxury powders from years ago always came in round cardboard boxes, so it doesn't seem cheap to me. I don't care for the scent, but, as I use only a light dusting, it fades quickly. It is expensive, but long lasting, and, since I never have to reapply either powder or blush when I wear it, it will pay for itself over time. I am quite fair, and it worked beautifully for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I'm in love with these little balls. It's so hard to over-do or over-apply these things. I got this in Mythic and now I want it in Blush too. I use the Sephora Complexion brush instead of the more expensive one you're supposed to use. It gives a subtle glow and I even feel like as I get oilier throughout the day the glow just increases. Only thing is if my cheeks are somewhat reddish in the morning using this can make my skin look too red so I try to get my brush on the white, green, and lavender balls only, not the pink ones. Also, I would like it if the packaging was metal and weightier. Try to get it duty-free if you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Ekaterina7

My favorite and absolutly must-have

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by ekma2008

Love, love, love it. It is the only powder that does not look cakey on me. Smells divine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Amandaa

Just one word for this product: PERFECT! I love this powder!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by lvpoetess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will not be separated from my meteorites! I have mythic, the original shade. I love them so much that I'm on my second box (these things last forever, it took me almost 10 years to use up the first one!) I don't like the newer packaging as much, but I am glad to see they come in more colors now - I would like to try them as well. I use meteorites as a finishing powder over liquid foundation. It evens out my skin a little, and does produce some glow, but it isn't a miracle worker. I like it because it makes a nice finishing powder that isn't "powdery" and because I just love to use to little powder balls (the lovely smell is nice too.) I recommend them to everyone I know (mostly they want them because they are fascinated with the little balls.)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by irinabj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought it today hoping that it would slightly even out my complexion without being noticeable on the skin and would give me a glow without being shiny and sparkly. I got the Mystic(lightest shade because I'm supper pale) and I LOVE it. This is all that I was looking for; as another reviewer mentioned it's like the same skin but sooo much better. It's very expensive( for my budget) but I couldn't find anything else that would deliver same results.. Now I'm praying that nothing will happen to them(balls) and that it would last for some time. Taking one lippy off because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by benzippo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Browsed through the reviews on this product out of curiousity and read some posts from those who found the product did not worked on them!

I think I have to write a review on this product, not an overrated one but based on my personal experience to give these little wonderful colored balls some justifications.

I bought myself a Mythic 01 and loved it to the core. It really provided my complexion with a most natural subtle overall glow, brighter and more even toned.

I even introduced this to some of my close pals when they began asking have I had done some osrt of treatment to my complexion. After trying these themselves, made their purchases and ethey too, ended up, totally satisfied, just like me and most of us out there.

Back to those who found that these lovely colored balls did not weave their magic on them, either this may be due to the fact that the colors somehow just could not match their skintone or the expectations are too high hoping, that it could provide perfection or are expecting the product to provide the make-up effects which it is simply not designed for.

For the fragrance, I do not have any problem with it.

All that said, it is such a regret for those who are unable to enjoy this wonderful product as most of us out there do and continue to do so to the fullest.

Packaging looks nice but not until you hold and open it and found that the material is made of, sigh...cardboard!

Shame on you LMVH!

For a luxury and prestigious brand like Guerlain, a better, if not perfect overall presentation of its product right up to the packaging materials should be seriously looked into. Not cardboard please!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 4:37:00 AM More reviews by lohhy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of Meteorites, and have them in the Loose Balls form (all 3 colours), Voyage compact in Mythic, Travel Touch in Mythic and Poudre de Perles in Beige.

So here's what the salesgirl at the counter told me about the different types of shades and levels of shimmer in the different ranges.

In ascending order of shimmer:
1. Voyage compact in Mythic (least shimmer, almost matt)
2. Poudre de Perles or Illumintating Pressed Powder
3. Loose Balls & Travel Touch (both have the same level of shimmer)
4. Radiant Butterfly (highest shimmer)
Well, I think she's spot on!

In terms of colours, the numbers on both Loose Balls and Poudre de Perles correspond and are similar, but not exactly the same. That means Loose Balls #1 is similar to Poudre de Perles #1 and so on so forth.

#1 for both gives a brightening look.
#2 gives a freshening effect
#3 is more a natural skin tone effect. Apparently, #3 for Poudre de Perles is more shimmery than #1 in the same range.

Anyway, I love all of my Meteorites, save for the Radiant Butterfly LE range that I didn't buy, as I felt it was too sparkly and more suitable for nights out than every day use.

When I'm fair, I can choose to use Mythic (Loose Balls/Travel Touch/Voyage Compact) as a base, as well as for touch ups during the day.

When I'm tan, I use Poudre de Perles in #3 (beige) as my base, and then maybe a little sprinkling of Mythic as a highlighter.

Loose Balls in #2, the pink colour, I use as a blusher.

Anyway, they're perfect for all situations!

I have good skin, so Meteorites really works for me, so I can't say very much about whether they cover imperfections. But they impart a glow on my face, giving it that soft candlelit effect that everyone's writing about.

I do feel that the Loose Balls provide less coverage than the pressed powder versions though.

Hope this helps, and doesn't confuse you girls even more!

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No