July 24, 2014 | 1880 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great sunscreen. It has a light, slightly floral scent and is a good consistency. It didn't break me out and kept my face looking matte all day. Perfect for a day at the beach.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by defenestrator

I really like this product. The only thing I don't like is the price tag =P

I wear it on top of another moisturizer (so I have to use less product...each drop is precious at $35!), and it mattifies my skin and leaves no white cast. It did not break me out, and it washed off very easily (I am using a St. Ives cleanser).

Most importantly, it has protected me from the sun. After Neutrogena stopped making it's SPF 45 moisturizer (which was greasy but protected me well), I discovered their replacement broke me out, Aveeno's broke me out, Biore's with SPF never came out of the pump...I tried to switch to a Boots product with SPF 15. It worked really well except...I got darker. 15 wasn't enough for me.

But 55 is! =)

With a certain amount of resignation, I must admit that it is indeed worth the price tag. I will rebuy when I run out, though there will probably be a tiny amount of wincing involved.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by xliu4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and I like it a lot. It's the best sunscreen I have used so far in terms of scent & texture. It is not like regular sunscreens which will leave you a greasy weird white-mask face. I love it. I'll consider buying the full size if there's any promotions going on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by gabiinchicago

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros (for me): offers good protection from sun, dries to matte finish, doesn't feel greasy, doesn't smudge, provides a nice makeup primer, didn't clog my pores, removed easily with apricot kernel oil (my regular cleanser).
    Cons (for me): hated the way it made my face look: it accentuated every line, left a white cast that looked ghostly, didn't offer any additional moisture that you'd expect from a cream, scent

Just can't seem to find that hg ss...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by chinagirl

I've been using the 55 lotion for years, then they had to go & tamper with the formula & I found the spf 60 to be way too emollient for my super oily skin. I was in Sephora last week & saw the had sample sizes of the cream so I bought that. So far I'm liking it. I will have to update further but it leaves a much more matte finish than even the old 55 did, & I noticed at work today that I did not have to blot & re-powder as much.( I hate to admit this but I also like that this was used on the cast of Twilight) I did notice a white cast but it went away once I put powder on top. So for the time being I'm cautiously optimistic & will gladly but the full size version if it continues to work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by mmjuly

I'll have to say I HATE this product. I have combo skin and haven't found myself allergic to any skincare. This product clogs my pores like crazy and makes me face bumpy after a day of wearing. I do take it off using a makeup remover and full power cleanser but the little bumps still stay on my face. The only way to remove them is to use a microdermbrasion treatment but that's not something I can use everyday. I wish I could return it. Would never buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by tokidoki123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS SUNSCREEN. I have really oily skin and this is the only sunscreen i can use. It mattifies my skin like no other and it's also moisturizing. During the summer this doubles up as my daily moisturizer and during the winter i use it like a primer to keep me from being too oily. There are some downsides to this product. Sometimes it mattifies too well and it tends to look a little cakey if you don't let it absorb into your skin. It also leaves a white cast that i actually like. It blurs my imperfections and sometimes i just wear it by itself like a tinted moisturizer. The biggest downside is the price. $38 is a steep price to pay, but in my opinion its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by erika511

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is such an awesome facial sunscreen!! The only issue, which is not really a big deal, that I have with this is that it does not fully blend into your skin. I find that I always need to wear at least tinted moisturizer over this to cover the white cast and on weekends, it is a bit of a pain. Other than that, it's great! Moisturizing for my normal/dry skin, dries to a matte finish and is VERY waterproof! It seems like I can only get it off really well with my Clarisonic.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG sunblock!! This sunblock is completely waterproof. I went swimming for about 3 hours and the sunblock didn't budge at all! This product also makes the best primer! I only blot once a day versus my typical 4 times a day. It makes my foundation last all day, and I found that It made my foundation waterproof as well!! I'm using lunasol's water cream foundation, and it became almost impossible to remove unless I used my oil cleanser. You MUST use a heavy duty cleanser such as an oil cleanser to remove all traces of the product. It didn't cause breakouts or clog pores.

Edit: breaks me out in cystic acne :(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by chanel2110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will say that it was my mistake to purchase this for my oily skin. Especially in the summer. I meant to purchase the Lotion version, so I can't give this a horrible review as it was my own fault. But still, it's hard for me to believe that this would even be pleasant for a gal with very dry skin. It's just so THICK and creamy. It takes a lot of blending, and I might try out the Lotion version someday, but for now this one just sits at the bottom of my drawer : /