September 23, 2014 | 1848 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Gentle Cover Concealer Stick (Yellow)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 3:25:00 AM More reviews by gemstoneruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have moderate dark circles on very pale skin, this improves the dark circles pretty well. Use it sparingly and put your foundation over it.

i use a q-tip to put this on, dabbing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by suey421

Yellow was just as pointles as green. This did nothing but give me a funky yellow hue that I had to try and conceal with make up. It didnt cover my circles any better than regular concealer. Actually it did a worse job. Stick to regular concealer. If these inverse colors worked so well as concealers, I'm sure every make up company would be jumping on the band wagon. They arent because this doesnt work. Stick to regular concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2007 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Tracey_le

This product works pretty good, all I really have to do is apply a very very thin layer over my under-eye circles underneath foundation and it does the trick. I remember putting on too much and it ended up a bit greasy so be careful of that. It also looks too yellow at times, maybe if it were beigy yellow then it would be perfect. Still, I can work with this product and get good results. I probably wont buy it again since I no longer have a huge problem with my under-eye circles.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2007 2:34:00 PM More reviews by xjsbellamias13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I dont think this priduct makes as much of a difference as I imagine it does. I think I am going to try a different yellow tone concelaer next time, becasue this one isnt really doing anything for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 12:50:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Apparently no one has been reading the directions for this stuff! It clearly says to apply makeup over this to cover the yellow. I put this on sparingly, then a concealer and then a light dusting of powder. This keeps it from sliding and doesn't cake up if you apply each lightly.
It's either this or maybelline's cover stick, they are the only thing that brightens and covers. I don't have really dark circles, just use it to brighten that eye area.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 3:28:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Women are so widely misinformed that yellow in the concealer counteracts the bluish dark shadows under the eye. This is based on the color wheel, but actually, a warmer yellow tone is better suited to cover dark circles. The yellow of this concealer is actually more on the cool side, not good. For instance, my skin is NC37, but I always use an NW concealer. Applying this yellow concealer under the foundation on under eye circles only contributes to sallowness and highlighting the circles. This product may be good for those areas you want to highlight if applied it under your foundation. But this product does have a tendency to slide around quite a bit, which makes it not a great choice for under foundation work.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2007 10:02:00 AM More reviews by charlene2098

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using Revlon Colorstay Under Eye Concealer because it's the only thing that won't cake in the lines that I have around my eyes and will actually last the whole day. When I read that Physicians Formula's concealer will improve dark circles, I thought I'd give it a go. It gives you a lot more product compared to Revlon. The coverage was great and my dark circles seemed to improve. However, I won't be buying it again because it rubs off so easily and since there is a such a color difference with my dark circles, it ends up making me look even older when it starts to cake and rub off even before lunch. I have to be sooo careful that I don't touch it in any way. So I'm back to Revlon again. It's the only thing that works for me so far. I've ordered samples of Everyday Minerals and hopefully, their concealer will work nicely although I'm not optimistic about that.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Latejanafria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after reading reviews about the product here. I am specifically interested in concealing discoloration above my lip. Since several reviewers indicated that it worked for skin with yellow undertones, I decided to try it.

I should note that I have darker colored skin, and so when I applied this (very sparingly) it looked like I had something white or light colored on my face. No amount of base would even out the lightness. Also, since it is in a stick, it's not as smooth as it could be mkaing it a little difficult for me to blend (but I'm a makeup novice).

While I'm sure that this would work well for people with lighter skin, I say steer clear if you have even medium tone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2007 10:37:00 PM More reviews by flatline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I may buy this again. I've only recently discovered the miracle of using yellow concealer. I have yellow undertoned skin...and this works quite well on under eye circles and on any other discolorations (blemishes, etc). I would prefer something a little creamier because the skin under my eyes is a little dry. If I cant find anything better then I'll be returning to this, it did not break my skin out at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 3:12:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

Good for really dark circles BUT only use as a base for a flesh-toned product. This puppy is really, really yellow.