July 30, 2014 | 1935 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultrabland

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

My HG makeup remover!!! I am so happy that I found this product and I have been excited to wash my face every night because when using this cleanser, I definitely feel as though I am pampering myself. It does an AMAZING job at removing all traces of makeup, including the waterproof NYX liquid eyeliner that I use.

My foundation is Estee Lauder DW, and as those who have used it before know, it is a very full coverage foundation, and can sometimes be troublesome to remove. I first wash my face with Philosophy's Purity face wash to get some of my make up off. (sidenote: for the longest time, I thought this was removing all of my makeup, I was soooo wrong!!!!). I pat my face dry and apply Ultrabland to my entire face, including my whole eye area. I let it penetrate for a couple of minutes (pretty much while I brush my teeth), then I wet a wash cloth with warm water and remove the rest of my makeup.

If there is any type of advice I can give you, it is to use a warm washcloth to remove. You will not be able to rinse off with water, because of the beeswax. It forms a somewhat protective barrier and you cannot just "rinse off" with water. This is an amazing final step in my nighttime routine and I am so happy that I have found this cleanser. I finally do not feel like I am stripping the oils from my skin when I remove my makeup, this cleanser makes me feel as though I am nourishing my skin while removing the makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I use this in rotation with queen of hearts and fresh pharmacy, and sometimes 9-5 when I'm lazy. This gets off all make and is so gentle that I can rub this straight into my eyes and open them without any irritation. For a deeper clean I take this off with a hot towel, but if your in a rush or don't have water you can use toner and pad. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and this doesn't break me out at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by MelJS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This stuff totally sorted my skin out! I've always had acne prone skin and was pretty much resigned to waking up to breakouts every morning throughout my 20s. Last year I started using this and I can't believe what a difference it's made. My skin is soft and smooth with breakouts hugely reduced (not gone completely - it's not actually magic!). I get less oil throughout the day and less of the various other nasties (clogged pores, random flaky bits) that I used to think were normal.

I rub this stuff into dry skin, then use a hot damp face flannel (just a normal cheap one from Boots or Ikea) to take it off. I do it this way rather than using cotton wool so that the hot water melts away the oils, taking all the dirt, make up and grease with it. (When I was abroad with unreliable hot water last year, I found it much harder to get the cleanser off and it didn't work as well.) I follow it with toner and face oil/moisturiser (at night/day), but actually my skin almost feels soft enough to skip moisturiser after I use this.

I'm on about my fourth pot now and will keep using until Lush stop making it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

This was too waxy for me I felt like once is was on I couldn't 'scrub' it off completely, it leaves a weird feeling residue even when using with lush tea tree toner...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Sage226

My skin savior! I started out using Herbalism/Tea Tree Toner/Vanishing cream. That worked well for a while but then I got an allergic reaction to a new detergent and my face broke out terribly. I then went on the Ultrabland challenge for 1 month. I was skeptical at first because I was unsure about using an oil based cleanser, however, it is all how you use it. I find it is best to get a small amount and massage into the skin then spray Eau Roma Water (the combination of soothing roses in both products are fab for sensitive skin) then wipe off with a clean cotton pad. Skin is left feeling super soft thanks to the honey and beeswax in Ultrabland. It's a great no water cleanser for people with sensitive or problem skin. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by wildcardinside

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me start off by saying I have oily skin, sightly combination on my cheeks.
This cleanser is basically like a balm cleanser, it is like a wax texture, white, very thick and moisturising and sightly oily. It emulsifies from a thick balm into a more thick oil on the face, and removes makeup quite well. It's gentle, and very moisturising, but I have trouble actually removing this product properly. I use a muslin cloth dampened with warm water to remove it, then toner (tea tree oil by Lush again) but I always still feel like there are traces of wax on my skin because it is very hard to remove, and I sort of feel like I am pulling my skin slightly to remove it propery, and I always feel like because I haven't actually WASHED my face afterwards, but rather wiped the product of that my pores are then kind of clogged and the makeup isn't all removed. (Probably just a personal opinion in regards to balm/hot cloth cleansers...) It does leave skin feeling really beautiful and soft though, but I feel that this product does break me out a bit.

Pro's - Great makeup remover, a little goes a long way, beautiful natural ingredients, cheap, leaves skin feeling soft, gentle formula.

Con's - Broke me out, doesn't clean face properly, pore clogging, smells not too great, takes a lot longer to cleanse face than what it does with a "normal" gel or foam (etc) cleanser, packaging is unhygienic (just being picky here, but obviously face products that you dip your fingers into are going to be less hygienic than squeeze tubes).

Overall, 8/15.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Boywithstyle

So, letís start with me: I'm 20 and have combination skin. I have an extremely oily face (especially my T zone) and, occasionally, my cheeks get dry. I always have about 1-2 deep pimples and suffer from hyper pigmentation. Aside from the excessive oil, dark marks and occasional break-outsÖ my skin is OK.

UltraBland is basically heaven in a bottle. I purchased this product last week at the recommendation of my local Lush associate and, let me tell you, this stuff is great!
The first night I used this, it felt a little weird. Not too oily, but somewhat waxy. I applied Vanishing Cream (not my favorite), and went to bed. The next morning I woke up with oil free, more even toned skinÖ. Which is NOT normal for me. I was very surprised and excited. Since then, my skin condition has improved tremendously. Less oil and more even toned. Iíve noticed slightly less frequency in my acne and my pimples seem to go away faster!

The way I use this product: 1) massage Ultrabland into face (a little goes a long way); 2) spritz face with toner (I make my own with tea tree oil, rose water and orange blossom water) 3) wipe off with a DRY muslin cloth or cotton round; 4) apply moisturizer and your all done. Thatís my night routine. I usually donít apply moisturizer during the day as it makes my face look oily. Sometimes, if Iím running late in the morning, Iíll only do steps 2 & 3. I will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by FairOne23

I really like this cleanser.

It's an excellent makeup remover - I can actually feel my makeup melting away as I rub Ultrabland in. I can see why people would dislike the feeling of applying this, as it does feel really oily, but personally I quite enjoy that! The oily texture means that it just glides onto your skin, no need to rub hard and feel like you're pulling your skin. I can also use it around my eyes, as it's so gentle as the aforementioned texture means that I don't feel like I'm dragging the skin around my eye. I can even massage it into my eyelashes and it doesn't make my eyes sting.

My skin feels so soft after I've used it, and the next morning. To be honest I don't feel that it's helped with my recent breakouts, but likewise, it hasn't made them any worse. And I may be imagining it, but when I do have a breakout, the spots seem to vanish more quickly than before I was using Ultrabland!

I was using wet cotton wool pads to remove this (soaked in very warm water before wiping), but changed to using a face cloth (again, soaked in very warm water), as I felt it was too expensive to keep using the cotton wool. I drape the warm/hot cloth over my face for a few seconds, to help the cleanser to 'melt' slightly, then wipe my face gently to remove. Personally I've not struggled at all to remove the cleanser.

Also, despite my combination skin, this hasn't made my face super oily - in fact, it has helped to even out my complexion (eased oily patches and moisturised dry areas).

Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by ceejoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. Nothing has ever calmed and cleaned my oily and often problem skin like this. I've had the pot for months and it's still half full so it works out as great value for money. My skin is less shiny, I have fewer breakouts and less blotchyness. I use this as a night time cleanser and to take off makeup after work if I'm spending the evening at home. I use fresh farmacy in the mornings as my only complaint with this cleanser is that makeup doesn't go over it very well unless you leave it an hour or so. Who has that kind of time in the morning?

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What a useless balm cleanser!
I use the Eve Lom balm cleanser in the evenings, and I hoped that this could be a nice little product to use for everyday purposes, with the Lom cleanser being put aside for weekends and pamper days. However, this is entirely useless, and this product has been sitting around in my toiletries cupboard since the first month I tried using it.
The ingredients list is fine, however, as is the case with most LUSH products, combined this has a weird musty smell. However, once applied, you don't notice it too much.
I applied this as per instructions, wiping off with a warm flannel, was generous with my application, but this product really did a pretty measly job of getting my face and cheek products off! (I use a micellar solution to remove my eye make-up and lipstick: dark or light). Sure, some of it came off, but most of it was still there when I moved on to the toning step of my regimen. It doesn't matter what you take it off with, the product still remains on your skin, leaving a greasy film on top. A double-cleanse is more than I need, I definitely don't want a triple one!
I don't even wear much make-up, so I can't understand why it has such a hard time doing much cleansing. For me, this product was quite frustrating, and as someone with slightly dry, slightly sensitive skin with little to no skin problems, I can't advise how other, more sensitive/problem-prone skin types will fare under it... I find it to be too heavy for its own good, and I would encourage you to try other lighter (and obviously more effective) balm cleansers that give your skin some room to breathe.