October 2, 2014 | 1352 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultrabland

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by empresslilah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I held off on trying this cleanser for years but finally bought a small size a few weeks ago. I love it -- It's effective, hardly has any ingredients, and everything that's in there is pure and natural (almond oil, beeswax, rose absolute, etc.). It's practically ayurvedic. I see that several people have complained about the scent, but I actually find it quite pleasant and non-obtrusive. I don't wear heavy makeup on a daily basis, but I wore foundation, black eyeliner and plenty of black mascara last night and the Ultrabland removed it all very easily. I use a very small amount, like the size of a dime, and rub it in circular motions all over my face and eyes, making sure to gently work it through my eyelashes and break up the mascara. As others have noted, this cleanser can't just be splashed off with water. The best way to remove it is by using large, rectangular cotton cleansing pads, which are inexpensive and easily found at most drugstores. No water needed. You'll see all of your makeup come off along with the Ultrabland on the cotton pads, particularly your eye makeup. And since you're using gentle cotton, you can really get everything off without hurting your face by using a towel. Afterwards, your face should just feel moisturized. For those people who are used to using foaming cleansers and feeling squeaky clean after a face wash, it will take you some time to get used to the feeling of treating your face properly instead of stripping it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by AnnieP112

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm really unsure how to rate this - first of all, it works really well. It cleans my face just fine and my break-outs have stopped. However, I absolutely hate using it. It smells horrible and is incredibly greasy, it's impossible to wash off with just water so I have to scrub my face with a towel - hard.

I haven't found anything better yet - I'm trying everything to find a cleanser I like better. I guess that says something about it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This feels like rubbing vaseline on your face. This did not remove makeup at all, left a very thick residue, and just didn't feel cleansing whatsoever. If you have dry skin and need a makeup remover, you are better off using Pond's cold cream which is cheaper and easier to obtain.

The salesperson tried convincing me that this will be great for my oily skin, because oil helps remove oil. BS no it didn't. She also suggested I use the Dark Angels scrub on top of it to help break up the MU, or use a hot towel to rub it off. That's just too much work IMO. And I did try that. And it didn't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by missbioniclegs

I really love the Lush skincare products, they've worked wonders for my skin. My main routine is Fresh Farmacy followed by Eau Roma Toner water and a Lavender moisturiser that I buy locally. I also alternate between Dark Angels and Angels on Bare Skin for varying levels of exfoliation when I think I need it.

Anyway, I decided to try out Ultrabland on my recent Lush visit and I'm really glad I did. I'll be straight with you, it doesn't smell appealing and it's not the most glamorous way to clean your face; slopping this yellow buttery stuff on your face but the benefits outweigh this for me. It pulls makeup and grime off effortlessly and the skin feels clean but smooth and moisturised. I have greasy skin and this seems to balance it out as well.

I have heard of the Ultrabland challenge and I do believe after using it that it could help to heal irritated or troubled skin if you just used it alone.

This is how I use it: I get a sort of coin sized blob, 10p or maybe 50p size depending on whether I have make-up, I rub it gently round my face and on my eyes (eyes closed) do this for about a minute then use warm water and a muslin cloth or flannel to gently wipe away.

You may feel some residue, I either use a toner after or sometimes just leave skin as it feels moisturised.

Anyway, that's just how I use it you may want to experiment if you try it.

So to sum up, I will definitely re-buy and would highly recommend to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Frankers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this product years ago, and for some reason stopped using it (probably due to the price as I was a student). But I'm so glad I rediscovered it, as I will definitely keep using it. It's excellent for getting off eye makeup. Suffering from breakouts this doesn't completely solve the problem by any means, but it helps slightly. Give it a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

My HG makeup remover!!! I am so happy that I found this product and I have been excited to wash my face every night because when using this cleanser, I definitely feel as though I am pampering myself. It does an AMAZING job at removing all traces of makeup, including the waterproof NYX liquid eyeliner that I use.

My foundation is Estee Lauder DW, and as those who have used it before know, it is a very full coverage foundation, and can sometimes be troublesome to remove. I first wash my face with Philosophy's Purity face wash to get some of my make up off. (sidenote: for the longest time, I thought this was removing all of my makeup, I was soooo wrong!!!!). I pat my face dry and apply Ultrabland to my entire face, including my whole eye area. I let it penetrate for a couple of minutes (pretty much while I brush my teeth), then I wet a wash cloth with warm water and remove the rest of my makeup.

If there is any type of advice I can give you, it is to use a warm washcloth to remove. You will not be able to rinse off with water, because of the beeswax. It forms a somewhat protective barrier and you cannot just "rinse off" with water. This is an amazing final step in my nighttime routine and I am so happy that I have found this cleanser. I finally do not feel like I am stripping the oils from my skin when I remove my makeup, this cleanser makes me feel as though I am nourishing my skin while removing the makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I use this in rotation with queen of hearts and fresh pharmacy, and sometimes 9-5 when I'm lazy. This gets off all make and is so gentle that I can rub this straight into my eyes and open them without any irritation. For a deeper clean I take this off with a hot towel, but if your in a rush or don't have water you can use toner and pad. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and this doesn't break me out at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by MelJS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This stuff totally sorted my skin out! I've always had acne prone skin and was pretty much resigned to waking up to breakouts every morning throughout my 20s. Last year I started using this and I can't believe what a difference it's made. My skin is soft and smooth with breakouts hugely reduced (not gone completely - it's not actually magic!). I get less oil throughout the day and less of the various other nasties (clogged pores, random flaky bits) that I used to think were normal.

I rub this stuff into dry skin, then use a hot damp face flannel (just a normal cheap one from Boots or Ikea) to take it off. I do it this way rather than using cotton wool so that the hot water melts away the oils, taking all the dirt, make up and grease with it. (When I was abroad with unreliable hot water last year, I found it much harder to get the cleanser off and it didn't work as well.) I follow it with toner and face oil/moisturiser (at night/day), but actually my skin almost feels soft enough to skip moisturiser after I use this.

I'm on about my fourth pot now and will keep using until Lush stop making it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

This was too waxy for me I felt like once is was on I couldn't 'scrub' it off completely, it leaves a weird feeling residue even when using with lush tea tree toner...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Sage226

My skin savior! I started out using Herbalism/Tea Tree Toner/Vanishing cream. That worked well for a while but then I got an allergic reaction to a new detergent and my face broke out terribly. I then went on the Ultrabland challenge for 1 month. I was skeptical at first because I was unsure about using an oil based cleanser, however, it is all how you use it. I find it is best to get a small amount and massage into the skin then spray Eau Roma Water (the combination of soothing roses in both products are fab for sensitive skin) then wipe off with a clean cotton pad. Skin is left feeling super soft thanks to the honey and beeswax in Ultrabland. It's a great no water cleanser for people with sensitive or problem skin. Love it!