MAC Matte - Chili

4.6

on 1/2/2011 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

nice color unfortunately what I can't get past is the texture. I've worn it the last couple days & it's pretty warm red that goes nicely w/my light olive complexion. after a couple hours however, my lips are horribly dry.
this one's going back.

on 12/27/2010 3:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is about the only red lipstick I've ever been able to wear, probably because it is sort of a persimmon-y color rather than a true red. The warm undertones are flattering to my very pale skin and don't overpower me the way most reds, even with warm undertones, do. I probably don't wear this "full strength", but it is still a distinct, strong statement. This is about the darkest color I'm able to wear, but I find myself reaching for it a lot more than I expected to. Looks beautiful; I would definitely re-purchase.

on 12/22/2010 10:45:00 PM

When I wore this for the first time, on Halloween this year, when my "flapper" costume/ensemble included a black "modern millie" (tiered, Calvin Klien, $100.00) dress, an off-white white wool swing coat (also just over $100.00), a cool Chanel-looking necklace ($40.00) and a 6" wide, 4' long (rabbit) fur accent "stole," the very handsome late-40s waiter at the restaurant we (me, my husband, and our then-13-mo. old baby) went to after the Halloween party couldn't take his eyes off me the whole time we were in the restaurant and grabbed the chance to visit our table to pay attention to the "baby" once my husband left to go to the washroom.

I am 40, petite, and 123 lbs., not exactly skinny (yet), due to the baby. AND my hair was in its very-very-curly state (think Juliana Margulies in her ER days--but a bit MORE curly), which (sadly) usually makes me feel less-than, b/c I look wayyyy better with my hair straight and classic looking (out of rollers), especially b/c I have a heart-shaped face. (Let's face it: certain hair styles really DO work better with certain face shapes.)

I hold Chili responsible for all of the attention I got. It looks great, especially on my NC20 golden olive skin, and it brings out my dark brown eyes with olive green undertones.

Yes, (sing along): all-I-want-for-Christmas-is-to-wear-Chi-li...to wear Chi-li...to wear Chi-li...

on 11/9/2010 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Chili helps me to achieve the Sade circa 1985 look. This red is warm enough and strong enough without being garishly bright. I agree with the reviewer who called this an autumn red--very true. The matte finish is just right because I feel that if it were in an amplified finish, it would be too intense. Sometimes you want a red that teeters between subtle and sultry.

on 10/6/2010 1:50:00 AM

I *adore* Chili. This is really an awesome color for anyone with yellow-toned or olive skin. As one of MAC's matte lipsticks, it tends to be a bit drying, but will stay put for hours without budging. This is a wonderfully flattering shade with great lasting power. I use it with MAC's pencil liner in Auburn and it's a perfect match. Amazing shade, amazing formula -- will repurchase!

on 9/25/2010 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I had high hopes for this color after reading reviews here. I'm Asian NC35/C4 with dominant olive tones. In the tube, this appears to be a red with brown tones. However, on my lips, this pulls a very strong orange. No, not a nice coral as some have described, but a full-on orange. Unfortunately this did not work out for me.

on 8/20/2010 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Great red lipstick for yellow/olive skintone!

on 8/5/2010 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Chili is the ultimate 'autumn', warm, spicy red! It looks terrific when paired with Auburn liner! I love creating that spicy, warm look, so I often use bronzer, a warm peachy-bronze blush (I love peach-twist by MAC) and bronze/gold smokey eyes! Chili is definitely a warm, orange based red. If you're very cool toned, chili will wash you out - try Russian Red instead!

on 7/3/2010 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Very nice matte warm brick red that looks good with my yellow undertones and I would imagine great for olive skin girls. Stays on well and doesn't rub off too much. Easy to apply and not too dry. The color is very rich.

on 7/1/2010 2:53:00 AM

This is a prefect color for light olive tones and dark brown/black hair. This could even be pulled off with blonde/tanned colors too like a seinna miller look. This is perfect for a 1940's bombshell look. It's my version of a perfect "red" shape for me verses a brick red lipstick. This is a red matte lipstick with some coral in it, That is the best way I can think to describe it. If you want people to notice your lips, your trying to get your lips to stand out more, or your going for the whole retro look this is the lipstick for you! One of my fav's and my fav fav red lip color ever!

Popular Lipsticks