October 20, 2014 | 958 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Chili

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Insidia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I *adore* Chili. This is really an awesome color for anyone with yellow-toned or olive skin. As one of MAC's matte lipsticks, it tends to be a bit drying, but will stay put for hours without budging. This is a wonderfully flattering shade with great lasting power. I use it with MAC's pencil liner in Auburn and it's a perfect match. Amazing shade, amazing formula -- will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this color after reading reviews here. I'm Asian NC35/C4 with dominant olive tones. In the tube, this appears to be a red with brown tones. However, on my lips, this pulls a very strong orange. No, not a nice coral as some have described, but a full-on orange. Unfortunately this did not work out for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 7:48:00 AM More reviews by sweetstef24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Great red lipstick for yellow/olive skintone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by ColourQueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Chili is the ultimate 'autumn', warm, spicy red! It looks terrific when paired with Auburn liner! I love creating that spicy, warm look, so I often use bronzer, a warm peachy-bronze blush (I love peach-twist by MAC) and bronze/gold smokey eyes! Chili is definitely a warm, orange based red. If you're very cool toned, chili will wash you out - try Russian Red instead!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

Very nice matte warm brick red that looks good with my yellow undertones and I would imagine great for olive skin girls. Stays on well and doesn't rub off too much. Easy to apply and not too dry. The color is very rich.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Ever84

This is a prefect color for light olive tones and dark brown/black hair. This could even be pulled off with blonde/tanned colors too like a seinna miller look. This is perfect for a 1940's bombshell look. It's my version of a perfect "red" shape for me verses a brick red lipstick. This is a red matte lipstick with some coral in it, That is the best way I can think to describe it. If you want people to notice your lips, your trying to get your lips to stand out more, or your going for the whole retro look this is the lipstick for you! One of my fav's and my fav fav red lip color ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by bd16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the dream lipstick I've been looking for all my life. As other redheads may know it's a challenge finding a good red lipstick that doesn't turn fuchsia or make you look ruddy after 10 seconds. The color looks like an almost orange brown next to the other MAC matte colored reds but still reads as a red once on lips (rather than orange or brown). And because it is a matte it stays on longer than most of the MAC lipsticks. Perfect for warm toned skin. This color is extremely wearable (day or night) and could be worn in winter or summer. Used MAC lipliner in Brick.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mazeppa

I thought I would love something blue based, but this is my color. It just brightens my whole face. If you think you have cool undertones and can't handle a red that sits a little warm, give 'Chili' a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by kaiyrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure what it is about my skin coloring or my lip chemistry, but blue-reds and me just don't mix. Which is why I avoided reds for the longest time, until I read the reviews for Chili and went out to get a tube for myself. It's a nice warm red with a good dose of brown, but not in a vampy way. It's a great red to wear to brighten up your face but not scream, "LOOK AT ME I'M WEARING RED LIPSTICK" so it's the perfect daytime red. Staying power is also great -- it doesn't fade on me unless I eat or drink, and even then, it's minimal fading just on the inside lip. It is a bit drying though, so I usually top it off with a little clear gloss. I pair it with MAC "Auburn" l/l as recommended per reviews, and I'd say it's a pretty spot-on duo. =]

Might not work on cooler skin tones, though. For reference, I'm an NC25 with olive undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wonderful red shade! Not too bright or unnatural, and the orange undertones work great with my red hair. I think this lipstick would work well on almost anyone, and particularly well on those with yellow undertones.