April 20, 2014 | 1949 users online

Moisturizers - Mary Kay - Oil-free hydrating gel

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2006 12:45:00 AM More reviews by peachlai

I love this oil-free hydrating gel!! I used to use H2O face oasis because I was allergic to other brands' oil free hydrating gel. The short of face oasis is that it left my skin sticky feeling and is kind of expensive ($34). I bidded a jar of Mary Kay oil-free for $15 on ebay (and there are many sellers for me to choose) and was nervous that I might be allergic to it. Fortunately, not only I am not allergic to Mary Kay, my skin becomes even smoother than before! It is non-greasy at all!! No sticky sensation, and is absorbed immediately!! Today I just bidded two more because I am really satisfied with it! I hope I know this product earlier! I've spent hundreds of dollars buying H2O face oasis. It is non-comparable to Mary Kay!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 10:20:00 AM More reviews by tech6858

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is a great moisturizer that doesn't leave you greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2006 1:09:00 PM More reviews by redfuzzycow

I recently got a sample of this... I really like it a lot! Now that it's summer, whenever I put on my Neutrogena moisturizer, it feels like I'm sweating it out of my pores half an hour later. This stuff seeps into my skin really fast and stays there! I've never been able to use a moisturizer on my nose before, but this does the job perfectly. Dare I say HG?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2006 5:33:00 AM More reviews by 3926sarah

Recieved a couple of small sample tubes of this for 2.99 on Ebay after reading the great reviews. First impressions were that the the gel had no detectable smell so I am assuming its Fragrance Free which is a big plus. Upon application my skin seemed to drink this product in leaving no residue but still leaving my face feeling hydrated and smooth to the touch. During the day this moisturiser caused no additional oil to pop through my powder foundation in fact I think it helped control oil production. After a weeks use I can confirm that as of yet this has caused no breakouts which is my main priority with a moisturiser as I can't afford another acne scar. My only problems with this moisturiser and why I did not give it the full 5 rating are: 1. It has no sun protection and 2. It does nothing to really moisturise dry patches of skin I have to use a seperate moisturiser on those areas. It does leave oily areas feeling hydrated but anyone with any dry patches no matter how small will not get enough hydration from this product alone in my opinion. Will repurchuse the full size when my tubes run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2006 5:10:00 AM More reviews by oak_park_room

I have "mature" acne prone skin and canyon size pores clogged with blackheads. I am one of the few people that Accutane could not completely cure. When I say that a product does not break me out, take into account my history. Mary Kay Oil-free Hydrating Gel does not break me out! The moisturizer is light and absorbs quickly. HG, all the way!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 7:41:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This felt dry and tight on my combination skin. The MK Intense Moisturizing Cream works much better for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2006 12:18:00 AM More reviews by courtlee128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is good for combination skin. I liked using it on sun burns. It really helped to sooth it without looking too greasy and it also seemed to make my skin peel less after healing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 1:11:00 PM More reviews by minnieme301

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff. My skin gets very dry because of the ance creams that I have to use and this is perfect for hydrating my skin with out getting it too oily and making me break out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by SassE142

I love love love this product. Its a light weight, oil free moisturizer. Leaves my skin silky smooth and doesn't make my skin break out since I'm acne prone. A little goes a long way!! I ran out and switched to another product BIG mistake I broke out bad, since I started using this again my face is getting alot better.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2006 3:53:00 PM More reviews by khmcd1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybe I just have weird skin, but this burned like crazy when I put it on (I put it around my eyes because the skin was dry around there). That's strange because I don't have sensitive skin at all. And then it did the same thing to a friend of mine. Who knows.... But I definitely won't use it again - it hurt!