Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

3.3

Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive: Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Cetyl Lactate, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Fragrance, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Laureth-7, Phenethyl Dimethicone , Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 20, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Sarcosine, SD Alcohol 40-B, Tetrasodium EDTA, Water

on 5/6/2013 10:14:00 PM

I'm on my second tube. I occasionally have acne, i don't have it when im not on my period though. I find that this best works on soon to be large pimples, meaning ones that are just small bumps that will turn large. This will not work as efficiently on big red welts, as it will on preventing them with small acne growing.

on 5/5/2013 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This product works well and lasts forever. I can see a noticeable difference when I use it on pimples. It smells strongly though, which is a downside. I've also found if you use a lot or use it frequently, it can give you dry spots.

on 5/5/2013 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like the tube and I like putting it on my oily nose. Will repurchase just because I like it as a spot treatment.

on 4/29/2013 5:41:00 PM

Overall, I really like this product. It performs well. However, I am not very fond of the smell. I don't know why but it really smells like cheap perfume so I tend not to put this product around my nose area.

I purchased this product over two years ago and it lasted me till now but recently I lost that one so I decided to go purchase another one. I find the new packing isn't as effective as the old packing but it still does what it promises so I guess that's not a big deal.

on 4/23/2013 6:21:00 AM

I bought this product a few days ago at priceline and it was $9.95 and I wanted to give it a go because I saw heaps of good reviews on it. I used this on some of my pimples that were irritating me and were quite noticeable and it worked a bit, it reduced the redness but it didn't reduce the size much and after 3 times of using it on one pimple it left the dead skin of it and i had to peel it off in the end. It was overpriced for me and I will not be repurchasing this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Continuous use of this product on one spot is not recommended. It really dries out the skin and leaves behind acne scars that don't ever seem to go away (well, a few months). It works best on huge zits, but it burns really badly ):, which i am pretty sure means it is working.

on 3/2/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to say, I didn't have much faith in this product, as no acne treatments, or even facial cleansers, typically work on my skin. But the moment I put this on, it worked in minutes! I tested it out on one growing acne mark on my face and when I grazed a finger over it at least five minutes later, I could already feel it had decreased in size. I would totally buy this again!

on 2/11/2013 12:35:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The 2% salicylic acid gel I had been using on my face was discontinued, so I cruised the aisle looking for a decent price and picked up two tubes of this BOGO1/2off. I looked mostly at the active ingredient and did not consider the other ingredients, which was a mistake. I have used most of one tube and the problem is that (whether because of the plat extracts or the alcohol), unlike my other gel, this is too irritating to use all over my face and *has* to be used as a spot treatment.

Does it work as a spot treatment? Sure. It's got the maximum over the counter strength of 2% SA, so it's exfoliating and anti-inflammatory. Diligent use of this gel on zits, and no picking, will aid in shrinking them more quickly and reducing their redness. It has kept my nose reasonably clear of its usual clogged pores as well.

HOWEVER, when viewed as a salicylic acid product, it's really horrendously overpriced. The wee tube and the gel consistency provide the impression that it's super duper laser strength gel especially for the worst spots, but the fact of the matter is that most people who use SA can use a 2% solution all over their face. Looked at in that light,$7-9 for the tiny .75ox tube is laughable. Paula's Choice offers 2% SA products in a couple formats that are half the price per ounce. If you prefer only to dab them on your zits, feel free, but you'll be able to dab them on twice as many zits for the same amount of money.

on 1/26/2013 10:21:00 PM

I would give this three stars if it was a regular acne treatment that did not make the claims that this product did. I find any acne treatment is effective if you catch the blemish in its early stages (in the first couple hours, tiny bump, not red yet) and this treatment is included. However, this does nothing once a pimple has any redness whatsoever. The product did not visibly improve my acne in four hours, but took several days to see any improvement (I couldn't tell if it was the product or natural healing). It did not work for me personally, and I might as well pay half the price for the basic Clearasil treatment instead.

on 1/9/2013 10:56:00 PM

This is a great option for Salicylic Acid treatment. I use a moisturizer with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide, but despite that, I still get pimples and clogged pores. I have been using this as a spot treatment in the evening and I mix it in with my moisturizer in the morning. The combination has been doing wonders for my skin, healing acne scars, making pimples go away faster, and getting some persistent clogged pores clear. I've been doing this for about 1 week now and I am pleased with the results. I will be integrating this product with my regimen for the long term and will update this review in the future.

Popular Treatments (Face)