April 21, 2014 | 1221 users online

Treatments - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by blueyes14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

SO, i have combination-dry skin (dry-ish only in my cheeks, nose and chin pretty oily and forehead normal), and i really like this stuff. the only problem i have found, is i dont think it works on 'that time of the month' pimples. i have a few right now, and its working okay, but nothing compared to normal 'everyday' pimples. But, i dont really have acne, i just usually have 1-2 pimples on my face at a time, and then on my chin, i can always see little blocked pores that dont turn into pimples, if that makes sense :P. this works great for that! it litterally clears up my pimple in about 3-4 days, max. theyre usually just regular whiteheads, or normal pimples-i dont have an issue with blackheads, except for the tiny ones on my nose which i cant really do anything about. But i do recommend this product if your skin is like mine. I dont have any problems with my skin getting flaky, unless the pimple is dried up and healing, which is what this is supposed to do. also, if you pop a whitehead, then clean it with toner, then apply this, the pimple will usually be gone overnight. which is amazing(: im on my second tube now.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by AAMM

I bought this product to clear up a pimple on my chin. I applied this product several times over the next couple hours and it seemed to make the pimple smaller however the next day when i thought the pimple was dried up it infact had made the skin around the pimple so dry that it peeled off and i had horrible dry skin patch for a week and made a small scar! this product is to harsh on sensitive skin and i will never use it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DOES NOT work for my acne...at all :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by icecreamtruckk

I purchased this on Amazon for about $5. Elsewhere it's about $6-8.

I only use this for blackheads around my nose and cheeks because of the 2% salicylic acid. I've used the Patricia Wexler Acnescription Overnight Acne Repair Lotion that had 1.5% salicylic acid. It was $20 and it worked wonders getting rid of my blackheads. I used it for months and ran out of it, but it cleared up ALL my blackheads. I figured that this Clean & Clear treatment would do the same trick but for waay cheaper.

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks and it did clear up the majority of my blackheads however it's SUPER drying. I have very oily skin but ANYWHERE I apply it, the next morning the area is incredibly dry, flaky, and rough :( It also stings and burns a lot when applied but it goes away after 3-5 minutes. I would use this at night only or every other day because it's very strong.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by smoze

Didn't work..plain and simple..

Didn't work on cystic,white heads, black heads, the whole shebang.

It did prevent smaller acne and didn't make my acne worse. Still I bought it to make it go away which it totally did not.

Smells great.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by wynterandkaylinsmommy123

The first time i ever used this i could have sworn that it worked but after a few months i seemed like all i was doing was rubbing gel on my pimples for no reason. Like the pimple used to get small and be gone the next day but now it seems like the zit is getting bigger and a lot of times they turn into cystic acne. I forget how much it was but i kno it was expensive and i wasted my money on it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my second tube of this. It's a great value as it lasts me a looong time (9 months on average.) It works ok as a spot treatment, but isn't a miracle worker as a spot treatment (I prefer using a freeman clay mask or some BP as a spot treatment on bad zits.) It just gives acne medication to the localized area. Honestly, I use it all over my face as part of my skin care routine at night. I use a cleansing cloth, then witch hazel, then my olay age defying replenishing night cream, THEN I put less than a pea size of this all over my face. I alternate this every other day with using Neutrogena's acne stress control toner instead of witch hazel on the other day and skipping the clean and clear. This routine works for me. I haven't had a zit in quite a while (including when it was that time of the month! yea, that's right, no TOM acne) I've had almost zits, but they dissappear quickly, and I most certainly have had NO cystic acne. I'm to the point of loving my skin again. The combination of my morning and night skin care routine is giving me the closest I'm gonna get to the clear teenage/college skin I used to have. I'm actually happy with my skin! It's not the greatest spot treatment, but it works for me as a face treatment! (I stumbled upon this idea after using a facial moisturizing treatment with retinol and SA, but the tube was so small and so expensive, so I made my own using a retinol night cream and this SA treatment!)
NOTE: SA can dry out a lot of people's skin, but for some reason my skin is weird and adores it! The average person would probably feel like the SA all over their face on top of their night cream would sting and dry their face out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by nessy091785

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this doesn't help my pimples at all ..my face got worse! my pimple got bigger the next day :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by jaimeramone28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: Stopped working. I went to the dermatologist and got a much better medication.
After doing Retin-A, I never really break out often, but when I do, it's bad because I'm a horrible, horrible picker. Spot treatments have NEVER worked for me! I have tried Neutrogena, Yes to Tomatoes, and even Clean and Clear Popped Pimple Relief, and none of them really did anything. I had this one blemish that I had (stupidly) popped, and it kept getting worse and worse. I had it for weeks! It was probably the worst one I had ever gotten. Every time it would get better, it would just get even worse again. Anyway, I heard good things about this, so I decided to buy this and the mark treatment because they were on sale. I really like this a lot! It is the only spot treatment that has ever done anything for me. It does sting, but I like that because it means it's actually working. It didn't get rid of it in 8 hours like it said, but with continued application, it does help with redness, swelling, and pain. Also, I have sensitive skin, but it doesn't make me dry or flaky! I have only been using this for a few days, but my horrible pimple is already scabbed off and is just a scar, so now I just have to use the mark treatment. Oh! And the scar is not NEARLY as red as I expected it would be. This stuff heals! The reason I'm taking off a lippie is because it won't get rid of anything big within a few hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by tamedDOLL

Works fairly well on most spots. Some spots, it doesn't help at all in my experience. But when it does work, most pimples do shrink very fast, and definitely speeds up the healing process. I can see it might sting on sensitive skin, but I don't have a problem with it.