July 28, 2014 | 1714 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 2:40:00 AM More reviews by wednesdei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For those who don't like the drying, cakey effect of lipstick, this is your choice! The shade is a beautiful rose/mauve color that goes perfect for that natural-bitten-lips look with added shimmer. This lip shimmer creates a slight shine, and if you put enough on, has the same color effect as lipstick. You can sweep on a couple or one layer for a very natural, flushed look. This amazing product glides on smoothly on my lips and leaves a minty fresh moisturizing sensation. What I only dislike is the poor packaging. The screw down mechanism doesn't work which is a big hassle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful dark rosy shade with minimal shimmer which I love. Warms up my fair skin and its a great MLBB shade. I will most definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by daniela8744

I love the way this looks and feels on my lips. It is a perfect rosey natural tone on my lips. I love the pepperminty feel and smell of it. I have used many different kinds of high end lipstick and gloss brands but i have to say this is one of my favorites. A little of this goes a long way, the color can be intensifyed. It is never gloopy or sticky. Looks matte to semi shiny. Perfect for eveyday or a night out. Im in love with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by msCullen8685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with this; it's one of my staple makeup products. I love the original minty burt's bee's smell/ flavour. and i love the tiny tube, it is so easy to take anywhere.
this is sooo unbelievably natural looking. i don't swipe it across my lips like a regular lip balm or lip glos....i sort of tap it on. my lips look and feel so natural, plump and pretty.
love.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 4:51:00 AM More reviews by VeryAroma

I am in love with this! I use it almost everyday solo or under a lipgloss. The shimmers have the normal Burt's Bees minty smell and taste which I love!

The color is the most flattering natural looking red for me, if applied with a light hand. It is almost the exact color of my lips when I press them togehter for a moment. Perfect! It is a neutral/cool colour, so stay away when you are warm-toned. Otherwise go buy it, it is so pretty!

I also love how nourishing it is and how I can build up and deepen the color by applying a second layer. I don't even need a mirror to make it look good and even.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

I love the Burt's Bees lip shimmers and USED to love rhubarb, but they (Burt's Bees) recently changed the formula/ color. It is not the same anymore. It is MUCH chalkier and bluer ... leaves your lips looking the color of death now! used to be a great neutral natural deep pink/ rose tone. Now it is like a bluish - chalky rose. Warning to those who haven't repurchased in a while. It's not the same (I still liked it last year. This year the formula is different. gross!) ...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by glitternglitzy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw someone in a MUAlley profile picture wearing this color and it looked fresh and bright on her but on me it literally has no color. I like the consistency and it is moisturizing and tingly with a peppermint feel but as for tinted, this one doesn't show on me. I do really like the slim tube and the smooth texture of this product. I bought some other colors that I prefer over this color.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by linklicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a true fan of BB, but this product was the first to let me down. LipBALM?! More lipSTICK quality here. I didn't like the minty sensation since it didn't improve the quality of the balm. A balm should be applied and make your lips softer for a long time. This product though, since there is too much pigmentation, you have to reapply often, otherwise you look a little funny. I won't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by milo63108

This was awful! I'm surprised how much others seem to like this. I didn't find it moisturizing at all, or with the least bit of "shimmer." The color was OK, but that's about it. I was looking for something like the beeswax Burt's lip balm, but with a hint of color. This has a completely different texture, thin and almost gritty, and dries up on my lips in seconds.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by BrittyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very rich burgundy color. It's really pretty. I wore this for my wedding because I didn't want to be touching up lipstick. This was a great alternative. I don't love this with my skin tone in the winter when I am pale, but it works much better in the summer time when I have a tiny bit of tan. The smell is great and I love the minty tingle. It has great lasting power for a lip balm.