April 17, 2014 | 1635 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Lip Service Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2007 10:59:00 PM More reviews by fuzzzybunny

This is very moisturizing, but also very expensive.

It is also SO SO SO hard to get out of the pot. I actually have to swipe it directly on my lips (gross, I know!).

Once you get it out though, it is very moisturizing. I will stay with my Chapstick, thankyouverymuch.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 6:46:00 AM More reviews by vodkabarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't impressed when I bought this - the hard texture and fiddly pot annoyed me, but a friend had recommended this and after weeks of chapped lips I was desperate!

However, once applied this makes lips feel comfortable but not greasy, and it has cleared up my chapped lips in 3 days which feels like a miracle. It's become a staple and I won't go without it...it's a PITA, hence the 4 rather than 5, but it really works.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2007 1:34:00 AM More reviews by angelfish25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best lip balm ever! I'm a real lip balm junkie and I've tried a lot, but none are as good as this. You only need a tiny bit so the tin lasts for ages. It's hard in the tin so I scrape a bit out with the back of my nail and then the warmth from my lips melts it fine. I really love the smell of Lip Service... it's just yummy. And most importantly, it's great on your lips. Makes my previously bone-dry lips lovely and soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2007 3:13:00 AM More reviews by midgetcoconut

I've loved every other Lush lip balm I've ever tried - Whipstick, Honey Trap, Lip Squeak. But for some reason, Lip Service just didn't cut it with me.

It was a lot more solid than the other lip balms and required me to have to 'warm it up' a lot before I could actually applied it which is fine if you have lots of time to spare standing around and rubbing the surface of your lip balm. :-P

I didn't find the lip balm to be exceptional once I managed to get some on my lips. Not drying and not greasy, but not particularly effective either. The scent was unremarkable too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 10:31:00 AM More reviews by sweet_jasmine

This stuff is amazing ladies! But then again I love almost ALL Lush products (but that's only because they all really make a difference!)

This stuff is basically my night time lip balm. I would use it during the day but I love HoneyTrap way too much (and so does my SO) to not use it during the day.

It feels kind of like marshmallow cream on your fingers and lips and feels sooooo smooth on. I wake up in the morning with incredibly smooth soft lips that smell and taste great. Not as sweet as Honey Trap but I can definitely detect a hint of sweetness :)
This is honestly the best lip treatment I've ever used! I consider it more of a liptreatment then a lipbalm since it's so much more repairing and healing then it is protecting like honeytrap :)
Hope that helps alittle.
and PS: If it starts to harden alittle in the tin all you have to do is heat it up with your fingertips alittle longer before applying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by playkitty911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A staple for me. I'm on my 3rd tin. :) It leaves my lips soft and has the consistency of marshmallow fluff. Smells faintly of orange and has a creamy texture. Lip heaven for product junkies. A good buy- the tin lasts for months, as you only need to apply a smidge for soft lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2006 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Mazenderan

Fantastic lipbalm. Lasts forever and does the job perfectly. Yes, it is hard when it's in the tin, but it mets against your finger and your lips. Also, mega-cheap.
I've tried tons of lipbalm - but this is the best and only one I would use. It actually moisturises your lips instead of leavig a nasty slick layer like a lot of other balms.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2006 12:17:00 AM More reviews by daisies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this lip balm for overnight use. The smell is awesome. Some reviewers below have complained that it's too hard, but you are supposed to dig a bit out and warm it up (melt it) between your fingers before you apply. Voila! Not hard anymore. It's kinda lame that it "expires" after a year -- it takes me longer than that to finish a pot -- but other than that it's very effective.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2006 9:07:00 AM More reviews by ninadg2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very moisturising without being greasy at all. It tends to be a bit hard, but I just scrape a bit off and once it touches my lips, it softens and smoothes out beautifully. You could also breathe on the bit you're using to soften it further.
The only thing I'm not crazy about is the scent, strange orangish but I'd buy it again because it's LUSH and it works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2006 8:35:00 PM More reviews by christielee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great balm, not too greasy, but leaves my lips soft and smooth. I took some lippies off because of the packaging.