LUSH Lip Service Lip Balm

3.9

Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca) , Glycerine , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata) , Flavor , *Limonene , *Linalool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm reasonably easy -- I can find a silver lining on almost any product -- but it's rare that I can say a single product delivers exactly what it promises, and then some. This does that. In fact, it does what it promises so well and with so few (read: zero) drawbacks that I am confident in my personal assertion that this is the most pleasing product -- not just lip balm, *product* in general -- I have ever, ever used. It's beyond HG lip balm. It's HG . . . thing. It may be the True Grail, for all I know. I'm just waiting for Harrison Ford to show up at my door demanding it. And when he does, my lips will be so perfectly, brilliantly smoothe from using it that I don't even think he'll fuss much when I set myself upon him for a killer snogfest. Yep: it's hard. Yep: you have to really dig your finger in there to pull up a chunk of product. And yep: it melts in almost the very second it touches your lips. It's matte, but not perfecly so -- I'd call it more "natural" finish, rather than purely matte. Either way, it's definitely not glossy and thus does not interfere with application or wear of lipstick, and would be (I'd imagine) perfect for those guys who won't use balm because of the sheen. I always use this at night and upon wake-up (even though the nighttime application is *still* present and accounted for) and usually under l/s or l/g. My lips are . . . they're . . . they're . . . GORGEOUS! Lip Service smoothes lines like nobody's business and keeps my lips looking so naturally moisturized and lovely that it's all I can do to keep from kissing strangers on the street, just to share the goodness. Really. It's just plain stingy to keep these lips to myself; they are so soft and plump and fantastic. I'll hack them off and send them to LUSH if they ever discontinue this balm.

I don't know, it's hard to say with this. It's either a hit or miss, and I think im leaning more towards miss. Smelled nice, but the softness never lasted. It went away after an hour or so and my lips would be dry.

This is a tentative 4 and a tentative 'buy again' because when this stuff works, it REALLY works, lips so soft, smooth and natural-feeling with a pretty sheen, like you didn't have to put anything on to achieve them. And yet on a separate day and a separate application, this does next to nothing, I might as well be rubbing random oil on my lips. I love how it allows me to apply lipstick over it without it feeling waxy or sticky, and I actually enjoy having to warm it first, but I did have to get used to the texture. Other lipbalm addicts need to be warned that this has an unusual feel, because it feels very light and then sinks in on application, and for the first few hours I wore it, I conversely kept licking my lips or touching them because I just hadn't gotten used to the idea that a lipbalm couldn't be felt, but once I got past that hurdle, I learned to enjoy it. Now if it would only work consistently.

I hate this stuff. From the stupid tin that was almost impossible to open to the horribly hard balm that dried and and chapped my lips,the whole thing was crap.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have bought this lip balm time and time again. Yup, it's hard... very, very hard. You will not be applying this one with a lip brush. You will be using your fingertip (so wash your hands!) or mooshing your lips straight into the pot. Why is this mandatory? Because cocoa butter is solid but it melts at body temperature, and it would seem there's a whole wackload of cocoa butter in this stuff! I have no qualms about germs so I have no problem using my thumbnail to shave a bit of the prod off the top, then work it with my fingertip to make it more spreadable. That deceptively little tin actually holds a lot of product, and you know what's so genius about it? If you slip it into a pocket (and it's very pocket friendly), the balm warms up with the heat of your body and, ta da, becomes delightfully spreadable! Once this wears off, or sinks in, or does whatever it does, my lips feel like wee satin pillows. Don't you want that?? You know you do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Eyes: Violet

Let's keep this short and simple.

This is the only product for lips that I've found (or made, yes, I've tried) that makes my lips smooth in the dead of winter.

It's cold and dry here. I mouth-breathe when I sleep. Not a good combination!

It doesn't smell like much--a subtle, true honey tinged with mild orange--and it looks and feels thick and gunky. I just stick it in my pocket or under my laptop for a minute and it's soft enough to take a tiny smidge and rub it in well.

Twice a day and my lips are smooth as can be!

Don't let the size fool you; this tiny tin can easily last the better part of a year.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Bleh! I read this is what Angelina Jolie uses, obviously, I had to have it. Well ... I think that was a lie because this is crap! I love LUSH but this doesn't work at all. Vaseline works better! Save your money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This would be my favourite lip balm if it wasn't for the toxic parabens and sodium borate(borax) in it! Why put great natural ingredients in a product and then spoil it with a few bad preservatives(when there are better alternatives! not even the Body Shop lip balms have parabens, can you believe it?). Anyway the balm is very effective and smells great, so I plan to make my own at some point following their receipe (but without the preservatives of course). In the mean time I found a great lip balm from Neal's Yard, which is very similar in texture and effectiveness, but totally organic. Besides it comes in a stick, which is much more reasanoble and practical for such a solid texture balm.

This is very moisturizing, but also very expensive.

It is also SO SO SO hard to get out of the pot. I actually have to swipe it directly on my lips (gross, I know!).

Once you get it out though, it is very moisturizing. I will stay with my Chapstick, thankyouverymuch.

I wasn't impressed when I bought this - the hard texture and fiddly pot annoyed me, but a friend had recommended this and after weeks of chapped lips I was desperate!

However, once applied this makes lips feel comfortable but not greasy, and it has cleared up my chapped lips in 3 days which feels like a miracle. It's become a staple and I won't go without it...it's a PITA, hence the 4 rather than 5, but it really works.

Popular Lip Treatments