LUSH Lip Service Lip Balm

3.9

Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca) , Glycerine , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata) , Flavor , *Limonene , *Linalool

on 2/19/2008 4:23:00 PM

I hate this stuff. From the stupid tin that was almost impossible to open to the horribly hard balm that dried and and chapped my lips,the whole thing was crap.

on 1/22/2008 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have bought this lip balm time and time again. Yup, it's hard... very, very hard. You will not be applying this one with a lip brush. You will be using your fingertip (so wash your hands!) or mooshing your lips straight into the pot. Why is this mandatory? Because cocoa butter is solid but it melts at body temperature, and it would seem there's a whole wackload of cocoa butter in this stuff! I have no qualms about germs so I have no problem using my thumbnail to shave a bit of the prod off the top, then work it with my fingertip to make it more spreadable. That deceptively little tin actually holds a lot of product, and you know what's so genius about it? If you slip it into a pocket (and it's very pocket friendly), the balm warms up with the heat of your body and, ta da, becomes delightfully spreadable! Once this wears off, or sinks in, or does whatever it does, my lips feel like wee satin pillows. Don't you want that?? You know you do.

on 1/4/2008 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Eyes: Violet

Let's keep this short and simple.

This is the only product for lips that I've found (or made, yes, I've tried) that makes my lips smooth in the dead of winter.

It's cold and dry here. I mouth-breathe when I sleep. Not a good combination!

It doesn't smell like much--a subtle, true honey tinged with mild orange--and it looks and feels thick and gunky. I just stick it in my pocket or under my laptop for a minute and it's soft enough to take a tiny smidge and rub it in well.

Twice a day and my lips are smooth as can be!

Don't let the size fool you; this tiny tin can easily last the better part of a year.

on 12/26/2007 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Bleh! I read this is what Angelina Jolie uses, obviously, I had to have it. Well ... I think that was a lie because this is crap! I love LUSH but this doesn't work at all. Vaseline works better! Save your money.

on 12/7/2007 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This would be my favourite lip balm if it wasn't for the toxic parabens and sodium borate(borax) in it! Why put great natural ingredients in a product and then spoil it with a few bad preservatives(when there are better alternatives! not even the Body Shop lip balms have parabens, can you believe it?). Anyway the balm is very effective and smells great, so I plan to make my own at some point following their receipe (but without the preservatives of course). In the mean time I found a great lip balm from Neal's Yard, which is very similar in texture and effectiveness, but totally organic. Besides it comes in a stick, which is much more reasanoble and practical for such a solid texture balm.

on 11/7/2007 10:59:00 PM

This is very moisturizing, but also very expensive.

It is also SO SO SO hard to get out of the pot. I actually have to swipe it directly on my lips (gross, I know!).

Once you get it out though, it is very moisturizing. I will stay with my Chapstick, thankyouverymuch.

on 11/2/2007 6:46:00 AM

I wasn't impressed when I bought this - the hard texture and fiddly pot annoyed me, but a friend had recommended this and after weeks of chapped lips I was desperate!

However, once applied this makes lips feel comfortable but not greasy, and it has cleared up my chapped lips in 3 days which feels like a miracle. It's become a staple and I won't go without it...it's a PITA, hence the 4 rather than 5, but it really works.

on 7/17/2007 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Best lip balm ever! I'm a real lip balm junkie and I've tried a lot, but none are as good as this. You only need a tiny bit so the tin lasts for ages. It's hard in the tin so I scrape a bit out with the back of my nail and then the warmth from my lips melts it fine. I really love the smell of Lip Service... it's just yummy. And most importantly, it's great on your lips. Makes my previously bone-dry lips lovely and soft.

I've loved every other Lush lip balm I've ever tried - Whipstick, Honey Trap, Lip Squeak. But for some reason, Lip Service just didn't cut it with me.

It was a lot more solid than the other lip balms and required me to have to 'warm it up' a lot before I could actually applied it which is fine if you have lots of time to spare standing around and rubbing the surface of your lip balm. :-P

I didn't find the lip balm to be exceptional once I managed to get some on my lips. Not drying and not greasy, but not particularly effective either. The scent was unremarkable too.

This stuff is amazing ladies! But then again I love almost ALL Lush products (but that's only because they all really make a difference!)

This stuff is basically my night time lip balm. I would use it during the day but I love HoneyTrap way too much (and so does my SO) to not use it during the day.

It feels kind of like marshmallow cream on your fingers and lips and feels sooooo smooth on. I wake up in the morning with incredibly smooth soft lips that smell and taste great. Not as sweet as Honey Trap but I can definitely detect a hint of sweetness :)
This is honestly the best lip treatment I've ever used! I consider it more of a liptreatment then a lipbalm since it's so much more repairing and healing then it is protecting like honeytrap :)
Hope that helps alittle.
and PS: If it starts to harden alittle in the tin all you have to do is heat it up with your fingertips alittle longer before applying.

Popular Lip Treatments