December 18, 2014 | 1613 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by anpanman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lippy. The colour is gorgeous!!!! Goes well with my nc25 skintone. Great colour payoff. I just put a bit of a clear gloss over it. Very chic and feminine. Well worth the price. My fave finish is the amplified range

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

First I saw this lipstick on Gwen Stefani and I figured it was something only pale girls could carry off. Not an NC 40 match like me.
Then I saw it on Beyonce.
And then on Penelope Cruz.
That did it. I finally decided THIS would be the lipstick I got with my first Back2MAC - better a bold colour for free than a bold colour you paid for and never used, right?
I'm so very happy with my decision. Applied by itself it is a bright, smooth, unapologetic fuchsia which fades to a dark pink lip tint by the end of the day.
Of course it's an attention seeking, playful (almost naughty) colour - if you're one of those girls who'll never stray away from rosy nudes, I'm telling you now that this is not for the faint of lip.
It is however unbelievably wearable - you can look pretty and feminine, as well as angsty and contrary, depending on how much you apply.
On me - a happily brown girl with pigmented lips - one layer is enough for the office. One layer with a lipglass (MAC Fresh Air) waters it down and makes it more reflective. One layer over a nude base (NYX Chocolate Jumbo Pencil or MAC A Perfect Day) results in a warmer bubblegum pink lip that is hard to find for deeper complexions.
There's a reason so many women have loved Girl About Town. It's such a clever pink. Edge and class all at once. And easier to work with than you'd ever imagine. Don't be afraid to try it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by SARAHD33x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My all time favourite MAC lipcolour. It is everything you would expect from a MAC lipstick:

- Top Quality Pigments
- Easy Application
- Smooth
- Non Drying
- Bright
- Long Lasting

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

Girl About Town looks like a hot raspberry magenta on me, which pulls garish next to my pale skin. I have other "hot pinks" that are more flattering.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by mrubatino

I LOVE this lipstick. Feels great on my lips, long wearing, amazing color!!, and of course has the best original mac vanilla smell/taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday lipstick, I wear it as a stain and it lasts so long and wears so well, that I only need to touch up once during the day. The color is GORGEOUS on my PPP, neutral-leaning-yellow (sallow) skintone. I can't sing the praises highly enough for how much I Iove this fushcia pink color. I feel pretty and happy when I put it on, and it brightens up my whole face. I usually pair it with my usual black mascara and a shimmery neutral eyeshadow wash. One small issue is that I can't figure out a good blush to pair it with!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice bright colour that stays on and is worth it. I love all my mac lipsticks!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by babyshark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been looking for this shade of pink ever since and I'm glad I found you Girl About Town! It brightens up my face and it's a fun hot pink color that is very wearable. This is definitely one of my top 5 fave MAC lipstick. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by xrenriot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first and only MAC lipstick, and I'm extremely happy with it. I love bold colours, so once I saw this, I said "Yeah man, this is definitely the colour for me." I brought it home and tried it out. The staying power is SPECTACULAR. So spectacular, in fact, that I sometimes can't get it all off at night and wake up with my lips still tinted fuchsia. It also, strangely enough, has a nice scent and flavour... almost vanilla-like. I wouldn't know if all MAC lipsticks have this flavour, since this is my first, but it's great nevertheless. One con in amongst all the great things is that this lipstick does bleed ever so slightly... I'd recommend wearing it with a liner. I would most definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Fvrtrish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first MAC lipstick and I do not regret it for a second.
I'm an NC45 and though it is recommended for cooler tones from a few blogs I read, it looks just fine on me.
It is a very bold. bright fuchsia and very creamy & pigmented. You can apply from the tube for the color ifor its full intensity; or use a brush (like I have) to have more control of the color or town it down.

I see myself repurchasing maybe 2 or 3 of these as backups.