MAC Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

4.6

on 3/30/2013 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite mac lipstick!!! The finish is bombbbb. The color is beautiful. Nc42. I line it with nyx bloom.

on 3/28/2013 3:17:00 PM

Beautiful, it's an amazing colour. Everyone raves about impassioned but for me this is one of mac's best pinks. It's a purple - ish fuschia. I pair this with cat eye and I get lots of compliments. Lasts all day.

on 3/25/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

my fave family of lipstick shade - gorgeous bright pink. i find it a wearable fuschia pink though. instant prettiness with this on. the formula is moderately lasting and extremely pigmented. truly a lovely, standout colour!

on 3/16/2013 4:53:00 PM

I wanted Lickable for so long, but it was always out of stock. Desperate to have a fuschia lippie, I settled for Girl About Town. And I'm so glad I did! The color is amazingly pigmented (as MAC claimed amplified cremes will be)-one swipe from the tube is all you need to get true color that lasts and lasts. On me, the fuschia pulled more on the pinkier side than purple, which I liked-this made the color extremely flattering on my pale skin. This wore well for hours, staying vibrant and bright, even after a meal. This feels creamy on and is only slightly drying after all day wear. I love this fun, girly color and would definitely repurchase!

(Read the full review at peakvolume.blogspot.com)

on 2/25/2013 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love pinky colours on my lips, but I usually go for "safe" colours. After a long inner battle with myself I decided to pick up Girl About Town, I was craving a new lipstick at the MAC counter - I love MAC lipsticks - and I've heard a fair bit about this colour. This is a very bright fuchsia with blue under tones so it's great for making your teeth look whiter, I really like it. Definitely my go to bright lip, I don't know whether I'd be brave enough to pull it off in the day but it's a great colour for nighttime. The amplified formulation is really long lasting and I don't find it drying at all - which is awesome because I'm forever doing everything to keep my lips hydrated. Despite the fact that this is long lasting, I do like to reapply about three times in the evening to stop the colour looking more like a stain than a lipstick.

on 2/15/2013 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am SO MAD at this lipstick. On youtube everyone raves and raves about MAC lipsticks being the best. This was my first MAC lipstick that I bought for myself and while it was a beautiful colour it dried my lips out horribly, it transferred on to everything I ate and the worst was that it wore off in huge patches. Very disappointing. Revlon is less than half the price and their lipsticks outshine this any day.

on 1/27/2013 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Girl About Town is a bright blue-based fuchsia pink lipstick with an equal mix of cool and warm undertones. Itís a bright pink, but not as bright as other pinks I have, like Impassioned. On my lips it looks great, a bright pop of pink thatís really fun to wear, even in the daytime.
As an amplified, the pigmentation is excellent, one swipe of colour on the lips gives off the true intensity and colour of the lipstick. Itís so creamy on the lips that I have to wear a good lipliner underneath to stop it from bleeding. At the end of its cycle, it fades elegantly and leaves the most gorgeous berry stain on the lips! It is also incredibly similar to one of my all-time favourite hot pinks, NARS Schiap. When I wear this, I keep the rest of my make-up as simple as possible, because itís such a vibrant colour, it definitely commands attention! :)

on 1/16/2013 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I ran to purchase this shade the day it came out- no joke. Because I am always striving for the brightest pinks that can balance boldness with a flattering outcome (as opposed to making me look like an attention seeker or clown haha). Girl About town is right on the money in achieving luscious, sexy, exciting lips that scream attitude. Its a bluer undertone than so many other deep bright pinks out there and therefore it looks amazing on all skintones. Amplified Creme so a little goes a long way for sure. Hands down, MAC is the ruler of neon pinks- while they offer a ton of great ones, this particular shade just can't be beat in my book bc its formulated in a way where anyone/any shade can pull it off.

on 12/22/2012 3:24:00 AM

One of my all time favourite lipsticks! Very Laurie from Cougar Town ( and also very Hillary according to my friends :D ).
Not drying at all- glides on very smoothly, and the colour lasts a good 4-5 hours. It is a bold colour but I think it looks good on almost every skin tone.
I hope they never stop making this & also the matching lipglass that is GORGEOUS as well!

on 12/3/2012 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This makeup addiction is getting out of hand. :-)
So for the longest time, I thought I hated MAC lipsticks. With a passion. Creme d'Nude and Diva killed my lips. The damage was so bad that it took days of moisturizing and wearing nothing but balm to fix it.
Anyway, as sort of a test, I grabbed Cyber not long ago and fell madly in love with it. Then I got a Dazzleglass and loved that too. So I decided perhaps MAC lip products weren't all bad, and that maybe Creme d'Nude and Diva were just bad apples.
Enter Girl About Town. Oh my dog.
First off, the color is quite possibly one of my favorite lip colors on the planet. I love a bold pink lip, and Girl About Town is the perfect pink to carry over into the colder months. (I generally stick to dark colors in the cold months, but a bright fuchsia is a winner year-round for me.) It lasts and lasts and leaves a gorgeous pink flush behind on my normally pale lips.
The formula for this is a hit so far. My lips don't feel dry or flaky and it wears comfortably, feeling very light on the lips.
I do wear it with a liner so it doesn't bleed, but I don't fill in my lips with the liner first. I just line the outer edge. This seems to be plenty to keep it from feathering, and the color lasts for a long time.
The packaging is the typical classy MAC style which I love.
Price-wise, it's more expensive than drugstore, but you know this walking into a MAC store, so it's not surprising. It's less expensive than the Kat Von D garbage I bought (and promptly returned the next day) last week.
Overall, I love this lipstick. It's creamy, pigmented, and the color seems to be universally flattering. Might even give the Lipglass of the same name a try if I can find it.

Recommended for Medium Skin