November 28, 2014 | 1207 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Chatterbox

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I have nine MAC lipsticks (yeah I know only nine, but I'm working on it, trust me), and I think this one is my favorites. People call Pink Nouveau, Lady Gaga I, and St Germain Barbie Pinks, but to me this is the True Barbie Pink. It reminds me of the color my Barbies' lips were in the '80s. That warm, bright pink, beach-y and Valley Girl-esque. It's an Amplified Creme, so of course it's pigmented like crazy and very creamy. It doesn't have as much staying power as MACs Satins (like Pink Nouveau and Snob), but it hangs in there pretty well. You can lay it on lightly with a lip brush if you don't want the color to be too loud, but I usually just go for it and walk around with big, bold, beautiful Barbie lips. What woman doesn't want to be Barbie, just for a little while?

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

At first, I was gonna get Please Me, because I saw so many pics of it online and it looked gorgeous for a neutral lip color. But I tried it on in the store, and it looked chalky, overly blue toned, and just appalling on my skin tone (NC 40). In fact, one of the mac girls laughed and said, "ya, probably don't want such a light pink unless you're a gogo dancer!"
So i picked up chatterbox, tried a light wash of it on, and actually loved the way it looked on me. Looking at the tube, I would never have though it would look natural on me, but it did when i tried it!
The only main draw back is when i apply a heavy wash of it on, it looks too neon, but I never wear lipstick heavily anyway, so otherwise, love this color! If you are warm toned, you should definitely try this out!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow...I have never considered this lipstick just by looking at the color in the tube..it is super bright..I am NW45 in MAC and this color looked sooo naturally soft coral on ....LOVE IT!...I put my Chanel glossimer on top of it or just the glaze one ..It is stunning...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Squalid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the few lipsticks ever I would say I might be able to end. I've got far over 200 lipsticks in my collection but this one is special. I'm very fair skinned (N5-N10) with a neutral undertone so on me it doesn't look pastel at all, it's a medium pink but with the milkiness of a pastel, it's so amazing! And of course it's an amplified creme, what is there to dislike about it..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by sleepnix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very cute, playful lipstick. I like to sheer it out with a little bit of lipgloss or shiny chapstick. Sometimes I dab a tiny bit on as a stain. I definitely think that applied heavily/alone it would look too severe on my NW20 skin. I like this for days when my skin is nice, and my eye makeup is just a bit of mascara. Worth having because it's not too blue-toned like many Barbie colors tend to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by alexa94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A MAC representitive said this was her favourite, and when she recommended I tried it I fell in love! Definitely one of my favourites. Slightly drying for me so I need to condition my lips before I apply it, but other than that no problems! I'm an NC20 and it really suits my skin. Not too bright, but still quite bold and very colourful. Very pigmented! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by alisonlescott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is such a flattering lipstick for anyone with warm undertones as it is a very warm pink. The color isn't too bright, so it's great for everyday wear as well! This is definitely one of my favorites from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Mooshminky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

There was a recent blog sale that has a great selection of "Barbie Pink" MAC lippies. I was lucky to be the first to choose between Pink Nouvou, Viva Glam Gaga, Crosswire, Creme Cup, Speed Dial, Bombshell, Angel, and Chatterbox. Of course I wanted all (lol) but I chose Creme Cup, Bombshell, and Chatterbox based on the swatches. I'm happy with all 3, but Chatterbox is my most loved and treasured MAC lipstick EVER. It was love at first swipe and I never had that kind of feeling on a lipstick before. It made my heart skipped a beat and I have that incredible urge to buy a backup right away (which never EVER happened to me). The color stands out so well and matches my asian skintone since it has some coral tone to it. VERY VERY FLATTERING on me! It brightens my face and I look....fun and happy (lol). My sister never used any light toned lipsticks since it would wash her out (despite the fact that she's NC20), but it suits her very well (her lips turned coral-pink nude, not bright at all). Love it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by owleyeglasses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love LOVE Chatterbox! It's a great pinky red (as described by MAC) that isn't too bright or anything, but will still make a statement. I think it's fairly neutral and doesn't have much blue in the color. It's an amplified creme, so it goes on nicely and slightly stains so it stays on for a longtime. I will definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by skgpqls5

This is my first Mac lipstick and I LOVE IT. I am Asian so I have a warm and yellow undertone and I was so scared of finding the right lipstick because I didn't want to look extra yellow. My friend dragged me to the counter and forced me to try this and OMG, girls get it! This is really cute and bright pink without being so dramatic. You can notice the pink tone, however, it is subtle but noticeable. I know it sounds impossible, but it is possible. I wear this whenever I get a chance to wear! It is good for everyday wear.