Avene Soothing Moisture Mask

Avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, stearic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, safflower seed oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil PEG-6 esters, triethanolamine, glyceryl stearate, microcrystalline wax, PEG-100 stearate, propylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglycerides, carbomer, disodium EDTA, fragrance*, phenyltrimethicone.
Formerly: Instant Soothing Mask

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is really good.
My skin is red on my cheeks and nose, i think because of dehydration, and my skin is oily, so i would always try products to dry my skin out because i never knew it was dehydrated, i thought it was JUST oily. so when i found out, that dehydration skin causes oilyness, i started using hydrating products, so i tried this.
and this is excellent. my skin evened out, no more redness, i use it every other night, i love it. my skin is hydrated, and less oily.
the only thing is, is that the instruction say 'apply a thick layer' --you do not have to do that, at all.
and the smell of this is 'professional', i like it.

i love avene.

Just goes to show you dont need to spend a ridiculous amount of money on high end brands to get amazing results!! I must admit i am a bit of a make up snob, and dont use any d/s make up or skincare. My fave skincare line that has worked very well for me has been dior, and i have been using the dior hydraction face mask but although it was good, and definitely the best out of the tons ive tried, it wasnt perfect. I picked this up at boots for 10.99 on a whim, i was just browsing when i saw the avene line, and having never tried it before i was curious. I have combo skin- with oily nose and chin but super dry forehead, eyebrow area and cheeks. This mask is simply amazing. Its thick white. really sinks in, i leave it on for 15 min or so and most has sunk right in by the time i go to wash it off, and after my skin is SO smooth, I have tried so many HE brands of so called hydrating/moisturising masks and none of them have given me such strong results. And the best bit is my face STAYS smooth and hydrated...it doesnt go back to dry after an hour like with most masks...foundation therefore goes on much smoother, my skin looks great. I will be using this mask once a week, every week, it has definitely replaced my dior one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

One of the best moisturizing masks I have tried (together with Beaute Pacifique). I often put on a thick layer and massage a bit. Then I leave the rest on and go to bed. In the winter I often mix it with skin recovery cream (also from Avene), to give extra moisture (not on eyes though).

Will I buy this product again? Yup, have done in the past 4 years.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Clogs pores! Don't like it! When I tried it I felt it was very heavy and it felt like it wouldn't penetrate. It would just skin on top of the skin. Then I checked the ingredients and it has Paraffinum liquid (mineral oil) No wonder it clogs pores.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this mask,soo soothing and moisturizing,I have dry skin and I fell asleep the other night with mask on,when I woke up,my face was smooth,nothing left to tissue off.
I like it very much and yes deffinitely would buy again./it feel so luxury like thick whipped cream when you put it on.I dont have any redness so I cannot comment on this but I would recomend this mask to everybody with irritated skin.

I bought this mask in a pinch while on vacation and suffering serious flakies on my chin from all the air travel and climate adjustment. Instantly fell in love. It's a thick creamy mask that absorbs into my skin -- I barely had any to tissue off. It's actually more like a deep moisture treatment for the face than a traditional mask you remove. Would totally buy again.

$22 for a 1.69 ounce tube at Drugstore.com (and slightly less abroad, it seems).

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Didn t do much for my skin. After using it, the skin felt a bit smoother, but nothing good happened about the redness. It feels quite oily, heavy and I don t think you can remove it entirely just with Avene water.and, no way u can leave it over the night, it s just too heavy for that! anyways, I think that this mask is really a thick, rich moisturizer , and not really a mask.In my opinion, it doesn t measure up to the price!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Simply LOVE this mask...better than any other moisturizing mask.

I received this product for free so have no idea of the cost. It is not something I would buy normally, even if I could find it to buy since we live so rurally. It has a very light scent. Hard to describe. It did not bother me. It is a milky texture on the thick side. I have used it in the evenings to help my dry skin. Put it on, 10 minutes later wipe off excess. In the morning my face feels very soft. It is summer now and the softness is almost a little oily. I am going to save this for winter when my poor skin gets so dry. Then I think it will be well appreciated.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a milky moisterising mask. It has a light scent. I use it every 3 days or so at night. I apply it after my moisturiser and let it sit for 15 mins or so and then tissue off the excess. I then spray my face with Avene thermal water - it helps get rid of the stickness and go to bed. I don't wash it off with a cleanser the next day, just splash a little water on when I am in the shower. This is really soothing and cooling. It has helped my skin alot when it has been really red, angry and burnt by a bad reaction to other stuff. It also is quite hydrating and is helping with some of my dryness problems - crepeyness and flakiness etc. It leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and calm. My skin loves this stuff. Even though I am prone to breakouts it does not seem to have made it worse. In fact it seems to calm any spots down, as well as help heal the ones that I have been naughty and picked at. This is definetly not suitable to wear under makeup unless you rinsed it off. It does leave a residue, but that is why I use it at night. Doesn't really help with fine lines but hey, how much can one product do?

Edit 01-Aug-09: So I had to stop using this.... it seemed to calm my skin down at first but as I used it for longer it ended up aggravating my sensitive skin so I was back to day 1. I think it was the light fragrance. Grrr. The search continues. I think this would be a good product though for less sensitive skin. Downgraded from 5 lippies to 2.

Popular Masks