Avene Instant Soothing Mask

3.9

Avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, stearic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, safflower seed oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil PEG-6 esters, triethanolamine, glyceryl stearate, microcrystalline wax, PEG-100 stearate, propylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglycerides, carbomer, disodium EDTA, fragrance*, phenyltrimethicone.

on 10/29/2006 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love this mask. it hydrates my skin. it's pampering. i know that if i use this once every 3 days, my skin would be soft all the time. but i only use this mask when i feel tired. it's good!

on 8/23/2006 8:44:00 PM

Of the Avene family this is my favourite. I have combination skin that sometimes suffers from bouts of dryness (particularly with the season change from Autumn to Winter). This mask is lovely and always leave me looking fresher and younger when I've used it. Sometimes I leave it on over night when my face is really dry and its really smoooth when I wake up.

on 8/9/2006 11:14:00 AM

This mask is very rich and does a great job of treating skin dried out from air-conditioning. I found Avene more hydrating and richer than hydration gel packs by Sofina, Laneige, IPSA, Laneige, Clinique, Glycel. It contains mineral oil so it might be too oily or heavy for combination skin.

on 6/16/2006 3:07:00 AM

This mask is unbelievable. Before I purchased it, I didn't expect it to be this good. But because lots of my friends said that I should try so I give it a try while Avene stuff was on sale. I usually use this mask after my sekkisei peeling mask, it makes my face glowing! and so hydrating. Calm down my skin whenever my skin is sensitive to the sun, heat etc. I highly recommend this mask, reasonable price and effective. I took 1 lippie off coz I don't really like the smell of it.

on 6/8/2006 1:00:00 AM

This is another Avene product that I feel in love with. For one thing, this mask is a must have because of it's easy texture to apply on, which I love. Even before when I used masks such as from Estee Laudeer (MOIST MASK) it was not easy to apply on when your face was completely dry, I had to always moist my face befor putting their masks on, but with the AVENE INSTANT SOOTHING MASKs, it was easy to apply on even with dry face. Second, the masks absobs completely into my face in within a few mins (less then 5 minutes). When I wear this masks, I will wear it for like 10 minutes to half an hour and rinse it off. I would love to sleep with it, but I always like to follow up with Avene eye cream and Avene calming cream. Another successful product from Avene!

on 5/9/2006 12:10:00 PM

This is a very good mask. More soothing than hydrating IMO. I recommend it for sensitive and stressed younger skins. No heavy smell - that is what I appreciate here as well. Significantly cheaper than high end brands moisturizing/soothing masks but equally (or more) effective.

on 5/9/2006 9:59:00 AM

I really don't find that this has much of a fragrance at all. I love the way it works. If my skin is feeling tight and itchy and looking blotchy and I'm feeling extra tired, I'll load this on in the morning. It seems to clear everything up. Sometimes I put on extra moisturizer when I rinse this off, sometimes not. Either way this is a great moisture boost for very sensitive skin, and probably the most effective mask I've ever used.

on 5/8/2006 9:28:00 AM

I love this mask , recomended to me at my local pharmacy/drugstore.
In France it only costs 15 euros which is way below other brands like Lancome, etc...
I have a dry skin during WINTER, with patches of eczema sometimes. I apply this for 15 minutes and rinse it. OR you can leave over night for extra moiturizing and soothing.
The magic of this is that it does wonders for SUMMER as well. If you get a light sun burn or burn feeling after the beach, apply it to sooth your skin.
Leave it.
And of course works well together with the water spray of the same brand.

on 1/11/2006 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is so far the best soothing and moisturizing mask i've tried, I bought this at a discounted store for US$23.00, which I find totally reasonable considering it's quality is so much better than those high-end brands I've used like La Prarie, Chantecaille, NARS, Kanebo, SKII, etc My skin was flaky and peeling because of the change of weather. I left the mask on for about 10 mins and tissue off with my Sisley floral toner... all the dry patches are gone and my skin is still soft and moisturized the next morning I woke up. I'd definitely recommend this to those with dry/sensitive skin. It's my HG during winter! Now I use Annick Goutal rose mask once a week and Avene every other night.

on 1/4/2006 9:57:00 AM

This works very well as a mask and is very soothing, but I have started using it as a moisturizer for dry areas (I seldom remembered to use the mask regularly). It is great for under the eyes, cheeks, lips and neck, specially before going to bed. To me, it is very similar as a moisturizer to Hydrance Riche.

Popular Masks