Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

on 12/7/2011 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I'm surprised I like this so much. This is another rec from the SCB. I use it nightly in conjunction with the Avene soapless cleanser. I find that it is really making a difference in keeping my pores more clear and therefore I'm getting less breakouts. Any new acne that comes seems to go away faster and lumps/marks left over seem to go quicker. I'm also using Clindamycin gel, so I'm not sure how effective this would be simply used alone. But, I still got congestion using the clindamycin gel, and this seems to help with that. For now this is a must have. It is often in a promotion in Boots, so although I thought it was quite expensive (approx £13), it can be found a little cheaper. A litte also goes a long way.
Also one more thing I wanted to metion is that I got samples from Avene of this and the face wash gel, and although they looked like very small tubes I actually got a good few days use out of them. I actually thought this was very professional and helpful of the Avene.
Update 21/04/12 After my inital clogs seemed to clear I noticed I was still getting them. This was the only new product I'd introduced. Looking at the ingredients list this has cyclomethicone third in the list. I've had probs with other silicones before so I'm guessing it might be that. So for now I'll mark this down to a 3 star and I will not re buy. Shame I was getting on with it very well.

on 11/21/2011 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a bottle a couple years ago and was not impressed at all. It burned my skin and seemed like it irritated my acne more. A couple weeks ago, however, I came across it in my medicine cabinet and since I was running out of my Avene Triacneal, I decided to try it again. I could not believe it: it actually works! I still experience a stinging sensation but nothing too severe, even after exfoliation. I apply it on my whole face and neck (I got a nasty breakout from Revlon Colorstay because I blended it down). It literally reduces my acne bumps almost completely by the next morning! I seriously could not believe it. I have terrible terrible skin: acne-prone, clog-prone, scars, inflammation, large pores, oily.. the list goes on! But ever since Cleanance K, my skin feels less bumpy, smooth, less oily and my acne marks are starting to fade slightly. I am really happy I tried it again! I learned that there is a new formula out and I hope a lot hasn't changed because this stuff is amazing. It takes a lot for something to impress me so I definitely recommend you buy it!

on 10/21/2011 6:19:00 AM

I am always looking for excellent creamy exfoliants and I thought I'd try this. The immediate feel is good (for some people it might burn a bit- that's either sensitive skin or just not being used to AHA/BHA products) and it smoothes over skin beautifully due to a few silicones in the ingredients. But almost as soon as I started to use it, I noticed that my skin began to react with little bumps and finally some very painful cyst-pimples (not quite cysts, but those painful pimples that stay under the skin in little blemish dots). I am going to stop using this, unfortunately. Still hunting for a good exfoliant.

on 10/9/2011 8:23:00 AM

This was the little extra kick my DD (she's 12) needed for her skin. It works beautifully for her. She pre cleanses with mineral oil about 3/4 nights a week followed by Avène Cleanance soapless gel. That combination has helped to clear out many of the cloggs she had. This has taken her skin one step closer to perfect skin. She had used Clinique's Acne Solutions moisturizer & Neutrogena's Stress Control 3-in-1 with no apparent results. Actually, the Neutrogena clogged her more imo. This is a good effective product that works for her. As long as it works, I will repurshase.

on 9/19/2011 9:23:00 AM

It didn't help at all.

on 9/16/2011 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dislike the smell and texture of this lotion, I find it irritating that it pills up into little eraser shavings if I put on a slight touch too much and that it smells like I'm putting poison on my skin. It also irritates my skin if there is an active pimple (it burns and hurts) or if I've exfoliated before using it. I used to use it at night but now I've given up on the formulation completely because I find it clog my pores very easily and it's extremely aggravating since I'm using this product to get *rid* of clogged pores. I think it has to do with the PH level of the product, since acids need to be at a certain PH to be able to have an effect on skin and this clearly does nothing.

I really love this product. I was on dermalogica products previously but they apparently didn't work too well for me. Had quite a number of clogged pores and my skin became dull. I switched to avene because it advertised to work for sensitive skin. It really helped my skin! I have such good skin now, my skin is smoother, brighter and pores are clean and smaller! Although, it did cause me a number of pimples initially due to the purging but it was well worth it. It takes a while for the skin to get use to it but when it is, it works very well!

on 9/8/2011 3:45:00 PM

Not a fan, broke me out in massive red swollen cysts, in areas I don't even experience breakouts, in just three days.

I'm not new to such treatments and I've had enough glycolic peels to know what purging looks like...so there must be something in this that my skin doesn't like!

Definitely would not buy this again.

on 9/7/2011 12:13:00 PM

This is my favorite skincare item so far even though it is more on the expensive side. I'm nearly out of my second tube. I use it almost every night all over my face (and other problem areas). In the morning my skin feels so soft, smooth and looks radiant. It got rid of every blackhead on my face and it soothes irritated and red pimples.

You have to keep in mind that you need to use sunscreen every day, because the lotion contains acids which makes your skin more sensitive to sun. I don't recommend using it during summer or when you are on your acne treatment (you should consult with your doctor first).

It doesn't have a strong scent, but it does smell a bit medicine like which fades really quickly. There is no need to use other moisturizers afterwards. Avene cream feels light and nice on skin, absorbs fast and doesn't leave any residue. It regulates oil secretion too and helps to keep your skin matte.

PROS:
+ makes skin really soft and smooth
+ helps to fight acne, pimples etc
+ skin looks fresh
+ oil-controll
+ packaging

CONS:
- can't think of any

on 8/16/2011 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* MY SKIN - Combination to dry depending on the season with some adult acne.
* PREVIOUS ACNE TREATMENT - Prior to this, I used Vichy Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care / Soin Hydrantant Anti-Imperfections Tri-Activ (30 ml tube). That product did not really work for me as it was way too harsh. Even using it every other night caused irritating redness and itchy inflammation on my cheeks.
* EXPERIENCE WITH AVENE CLEANANCE K- The instructions recommend applying this every night and that's what I do. And good news: so far, so good! I apply it after cleansing and toning but immediately before I apply Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer from Clinique. No redness, no painful bumps or swelling, no adverse reactions. Texture is very light, indeed as it is a gel-creme and it absorbs quickly. I do notice a slight tingly sensation but that's very slight thank goodness ~ nothing like the Vichy which made my skin feel like it was burning! This is slightly scented with an almost medicinal scent (not flowery or perfume-y). Thankfully, the scent evaporates quickly.
* VERDICT - Cleanance K seems to be keeping my acne in check and it doesn't irritate my skin like the Vichy Tri-Activ creme did. Priced at €17 for a 40 ml bottle, it's neither dirt cheap nor overly expensive so for me, it's a fair price for a product that works well for my skin. I will continue to use and I will definitely re-purchase.

Popular Treatments (Face)