April 18, 2014 | 1480 users online

Eyeliner - Chanel - Automatic Liquid Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2007 7:42:00 AM More reviews by m3lissa

Very neat, innovative packaging. Agree with previous reviewers on that the click mechanism is difficult to control the amount of product that comes out, and also the liner flakes off when you go over the line again. But if you can do it perfectly the first time round, the liner stays on ALL day even through humidity and sweat, I'm very impressed with the wear. It comes off super easily with water.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2007 6:30:00 AM More reviews by tigerrouge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was seduced by the packaging - but I found that this product seriously underperforms. First of all, there's no way of getting the right amount of product on the nib - you either don't get enough to form a solid line, or you get a big gloop that's impossible to control, and a waste as you have to wipe most of it off the tip. Then when it dries, it turns into a plastic film that peels away if you try to touch up the line or add another product on top.

For a product that costs 16, I expected more, a lot more. I've used drugstore equivalents, such as 17 Soft Liner Pen which gave much better results, and at a price of 3.49.

UPDATE: Two days after I wrote this, the entire nib of the pen came off when I removed the lid. I replaced it but it has continued to come off at random moments.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2007 7:20:00 AM More reviews by voravons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went on a search for the perfect liquid eyeliner after L'oreal changed it's packaging--including the brush--for its felt tip Line Intensifique a few years ago. Chanel's liner, around $30 USD, is four times more expensive but well worth it.

This liner comes in a click-style pen (think Stila Lipglaze) with a lovely, tapered brush that has never splayed on me. You twist the bottom, and product comes out. At first, I struggled to get out the exact amount I needed. It was either too much or not enough to do both eyes.

What finally worked for me: I only "click" for new product every other day (I use liquid liner daily). Shaking the pen a few times will give you enough product to use on both eyes. On days I do "click" I brush the sides to clean off any extra goop.

This liner defies the old thinking that wearing liquid liner during the day is too harsh. Applied with a light hand, it's perfect for a simple clean line at work. If desired, shifting your wrist slightly and pushing just a tad harder gives a stronger line for nighttime.

And if you struggle to justify the price, an empty pen and brush are great for applying gel liners :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by slylec

This the best. I am bad at applying make up. A friend thought me the essence of eyeliner. This is my first one and I love it, it give a thin line if that is what you want or clean thick line. It looks like it will last forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably the best one from eyeliners! Very easy to apply! In love with it!!! It is worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by julie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this eyeliner, it really stays on all day! I recently went to get some laser treatment on my face and at the consultation they thought I had on permanent eyeliner!

Bottom line... Its easy to apply, just click and apply. The only drawback is sometimes you can get to much product on the tip. I usually dab it on my hand and use my hand as a palette.

Will definatley buy again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by JCMU

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I rarely review products but felt compelled to do so after I purchased this eyeliner in brown a few days ago. Best. Eyeliner. Ever. I am really bad at applying liquid eyeliner (previously used Trish McEvoy liquid eyeliner and brush) and have therefore avoided it although I love the look of it. I felt inspired to go out and try it again based on the MUA reviews for this product. I happen to prefer the automatic-ness of it (as opposed to dipping a brush in a well), it's incredibly easy to apply and the color is perfect with my fair skin, brown hair and blue eyes.
If you've given up on liquid liner like I had, I urge you to try this fabulous product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2006 12:30:00 AM More reviews by daisylee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely the BEST liquid eyeliner. I had been using the shiseido fineliner for years but decided to try something new and am i glad i did. This eyeliner is easy to use and stays on all day without smudging one bit. it would probably stay on forever if i didnt remove it with the makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2006 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Merryn

I bought this on the recommendation of the reviews as the easiest to apply liquid eyeliner. This is extremely easy to use. The formula is a inky black that doesn't smudge. I would agree with others that it is difficult to know how much you're using due to the way the pen works and I would imagine I am going through it quickly. The pen applicator makes it easy to apply product where you want and draw lines smoothly. Its not quite HG, but its not far off.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2006 10:35:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

A good system in theory; In practise it was terrible! It's hard to regulate how much liner comes out; one click: nothing, two clicks: nothing, three clicks and the pen is dripping with product; a complete waste.

Formula quickly dries and cakes onto lashes; making if difficult and painful to remove.

The pen point is great though and nice for steady application.

The packaging was amazing for the first few weeks but eventually dripped everywhere and was totally un-usable.
Waste of time and money when there are superior products available for half the price. My mac liquid liner is fantastic at half the price. Or try an wet angled brush and mineral powder.