October 1, 2014 | 1815 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by yoyoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a bulk pack of these cotton pads from my sister (who is always in the know about good stuff!) and I don't think I can go back to other brands. I use them only for removing makeup as I apply toner using a spray.

Reasons I love these:
- the edges are not seamed/stitched together. This means that no sharp edges are ever created (I would sometimes scratch my skin because of the seams on other pads).
- they do not disintegrate. No fluff comes apart, ending up on the skin.
- they're not very dense. This means that less product is required for a saturated pad.

I only wish that the cotton used was fair-trade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like almost every other woman on the planet, I've been using cotton pads for removing eye makeup and applying toner for years. I honestly didn't think there was a difference between cotton pads until I read about Shisedio Facial Cotton on MUA. All the talk of softness, etc. really got me wondering so I bought a pack of 100 on eBay recently.

This is one instance where the reviews really do live up to my expectations. This cotton is very, very soft - so much so I didn't realize how scratchy regular cotton pads actually feel. I also love the fact that they don't soak up loads of product which means I don't have to use a ton of toner to saturate the pad like I used to. The cotton is also fairly large so I cut them in half to conserve which is more than enough to apply toner or remove eye makeup.

The only downside - the price. I paid about $15 for a pack of 100. Not too bad considering the amount, but still fairly pricey for cotton. Despite the price, I will likely buy these again because they're so soft and make me feel like I'm pampering myself. I also love the fact that these don't soak up product like regular cotton pads.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never gave much thought into what type of cotton I buy for nail and skin care because I assumed that all cotton pads were created equal. This is very untrue and if you try these cotton pads out, you'd understand why.
I was purchasing cheapie cotton pads from the dollar store plowing through them because they were absorbing all the product and once the dirt built up on the pad I'd have to reach for another piece.
Shiseido Facial Cotton is unique because it does not absorb all the product and once you use it, it expands and stretches out, revealing more usable cotton. While $8 is a bit of a splurge for something that ends up in the trash, it is definitely worth it in the end because you end up using less and it is just so incredibly soft and not at all rough on the skin.
I will definitely repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

These cotton pads are great for applying toner, removing eye makeup, and removing nail polish.

1 cotton pad is enough to remove nail polish for at least 5 nails. The absorbancy and resilience is that great! The filaments don't get stretched out and sticky, great for nail polish removing.

This cotton pad is super soft and gentle enough to remove eye makeup. I put a few drops of Lancome bi-ficil eye makeup remover and just let it rest on my eyelid for a few seconds, this removes all eyeshadow and eyeliner in 1 sweep. I just go back to do my mascara seperately, still using the same cotton pad. I can use the same one to do both eyes. This is now well the cotton pad holds its shape!

I am curious to see how this compares to the Chanel le coton. I will repuchasing this one to compare... but I am never going back to drug store cotton pads!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by wickett513

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These cotton pads make every bit of morning/nightly clean up so easy. No little fuzzies stuck to face or lashes. Not abrassive to sensitive skin either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by cathekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use to use these religiously. I really do think these are way better than the drug store brand. However, I discovered very similar cotton pads from my local Japanese dollar store. For $1.50 I get just the same amount of cotton pads. Are the $1.50 ones just as good as Shiseido's? No. But it comes pretty darn close. If you don't have one of these Japanese stores that stock items directly from Japan near you, I would say that the Shiseido cotton pads are definitely worth the splurge. However, if you happen to live near one of these stores, check it out. There's no particular Japanese brand I'm faithful to, I've tried different manufacturers - I have found that this type of quality and softness is pretty prevalent in Japanese cotton pads.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by ladydee86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Its worth to put few extra dollars towards this ! It's simply amazing!! And you only need one to get the job done compared to other once (depending on what your using it for), but it is great great product! Never buy another cotton again! Try it you will love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by kbabyd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Who knew cotton could be so awesome? This cotton is so soft (wonderful for delicate and/or sensitive skin) and utilizes product more efficiently than any other cotton I've tried. I also believe these cottons remove makeup more thoroughly than regular rounds and do not leave little stray cotton shards behind. I most often use these to remove eye makeup and one pad (actually, even 1/2 a pad if I'm feeling frugal) will thoroughly remove makeup from both eyes (and I wear waterproof mascara). When I use regular drugstore cotton pads, I end up using way more makeup remover b/c they soak up too much of the product & there isn't enough left to do its job. I think you could also easily use these cottons to distribute product to your face (toner, serums, etc.) without worrying about wasting product. I honestly did not realize how wonderful these cottons are until I was in a pinch & bought drugstore cotton rounds (and I thought I picked up nicer ones!). I think they are absolutely worth the extra price, especially since I wear makeup every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by mtl4817

I never thought I would write a review about cotton but this is the best. When you use the cheapy ones, you need several get to what one of these will do. A definite rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by jerradtrahan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great durablilty, it holds up removing my microdelivery peels from philosphy. large size allows good application of toner or serums. i just wish it had a resealable bag for better storage.