MAC Dollymix

4.4

on 8/8/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This looks so scary in the pan, it makes me want to run in the other direction. I bought it recenty at the MAC counter after looking at all the rave reviews. I'm very pleased with it. It is a sheer buildable blush. You really have to have a heavy hand or bad lighting to make this blush into clown makeup.

The only thing is that I get so greasy so I usually prefer a matte blush. But this sheer candy red/pink is an excellent option to have in your collection. I have absolutely no blush that is even dupable to this. This one is really a winner.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful color, can't say enough how much I like this blush. It looks good on tan skin, as I wore it when I was really tan. I don't know if it's too overpowering for fair complexions as I ran out of it and am now using Melba, which I also love.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Being the blush fanatic that I am, I have found that the scarier a blush looks in the pan the prettier it actually is on the cheeks. Dollymix is definitely one of those blushes. In the pan, it is a bright hot candy pink with silver shimmer. I thought it would not suit my NC42-44 skin tone at all, but I love it. It gives my cheeks a bright flush that is easily workable to either tone down or play up to something dramatic.

on 6/30/2011 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was actually scared of this blush in the pan because it looks SO PINK! I'm an NC40/NC42 skin tone and felt that it wouldn't work for me because of how it looked in the pan.
I'm actually glad that it's not so pigmented, even though I see some people with roughly my skin tone complaining about that.

I like that I can apply it and it would take an amazingly heavy hand for me to put on too much. I wanted a soft pink, non peachy pink, and this is perfect for me. Definitely a more daytime blush, which suits me perfectly.

on 6/26/2011 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not sure what to think bout this blush. The shimmer was super fine and very pretty which I loved, and it looks so nice and pink in the pan. On my skin it looked so red, like a sunburn color. I felt dumb wearing it like everyone is going to think I'm burnt from the sun. I think it's the type of color that you need to test before buying.

on 6/23/2011 2:42:00 PM

Dollymix is a very pretty rosey pink blush. It is a slightly shimmery. In the pan it looks quite dark but apply with a light hand and built up the desired intensity. Since I'm quite fair skinned a touch to the pan is enough. When using Dollymix I get the natural rosey flush to the cheeks. The lasting power is excellent. The shimmer is definitely not over-the-top, it's very subtle. Would most likely repurchase. It's not my HG blush but it's among my favorites. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've used every single brush I have with this product, and the fact of the matter is that it WILL NOT show up on my skin!!! I am an NC 35/ NC 40... so it's not like I'm super dark. This isn't pigmented at all, and I'm so disappointed in myself for wasting 20 bucks on this P.O.S. blush...

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't know why I bought this, maybe because I was influenced by the SA. It looks scary medium reddish pink in the pan. The SA told me to use a light hand when applying. I found myself not reaching for this blush very often, as I almost always end up looking stupid with 2 bright red cheeks and it didn't complement my skin at all. I ended up swapping it away.

I love this blush! its a lovely rosey pink with a very slight shimmer and even though it looks quite dark in the compact, on the skin it doesn't come out that intense so you can slowly build till you reach the colour intensity you are after. It's lasting me quite a while too :D The only reason I took off a lippie is the price, in NZ Mac is a tad pricey (In my opinion)

on 4/30/2011 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My new HG! A touch to the pan is enough, if you swirl you'll end up with clown cheeks. Gives me the prettiest, "natural" pink flush. I prefer this over Pink Swoon. The shimmer just gives a pretty sheen to your cheeks, nothing too overpowering. I don't think I will repurchase anytime soon, as it will take veeerryyy long to use up, but if the possibility arises I will ;) NW20 for reference.

Popular Blush Products