MAC Blankety

4.1

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 11/8/2012 1:29:00 AM

I think blankety is one of those l/s that everyone eyes but is hesitant to own. Well in my case i gave in to the impulse and bought it finally.not disappointed, its a brown beige nude with slight pink undertones.I agree that i wish it had more pink than brown; having said that the problem can be fixed by using a pink lipliner either soar or clover pink (body shop) and it also needs a lip balm for smooth application otherwise it comes out too thick on lips.It does verge on corpse-like lips but the trick is thin/light application on lipbalm paired with lip pencil and it rocks.am enjoying wearing it on my NC-25 skin tone and its a good addition in my stash.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I used to wear Blankety as my go-to nude, but since buying Hug Me and Patisserie, I prefer them much more than Blankety.

While Blankety looks pink-brown nude when swatched on my wrist, for some reason it goes on my lips looking very nude, slightly light toasted brown. I actually prefer Patisserie, which is slightly pinker and suits me better. But Blankety is a true nude on me. I just might not like a "true nude" as much as a "pink nude."

on 9/28/2012 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This lipstick is not so bad but I wouldn't buy it again. The color is nice but it's not too different from Wet n Wild's Bare it all and being that the WNW is only $2 and matte I will stick to my bare it all.

on 6/26/2012 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got Blankety as a Back to Mac, so am not as disappointed in this color as I might otherwise be. I would definitely recommend trying it on first LOL! In the tube it looks like nudes I usually wear, but when it's on my lips I look a little corpse-like. Definitely going to try layering lip gloss on top like others have recommended. I love the consistency and shine, but need more color.

on 6/7/2012 3:46:00 PM

This is my go-to everyday lipstick! I have very very red-pink toned lips as it is, and I was looking for something to mute them way down. I tried Creme d'nude, and that was too light and close to my skin color. Blankety is perfect! It's a very muted brown/mauve pink. Sometimes in photos with flash it looks a bit coral/orange but that may be my natural lip color showing through. It looks great with many different eye looks. I usually do a mulch/brun or a satin taupe/brun/carbon smokeyish eye and blankety looks great with both. It kind of reflects whatever color I am wearing, too. It looks more pink when I wear pink, more warm when I wear warm colors etc.
My skin is pretty light and I've been told my skin is a mix of warm and cool tones. I tan a golden-brown (think toasted marshmallow) in the summer.

This lipstick stays on decently well especially if I use prep and prime underneath and clear lipgloss on top. I will definitely buy again!

my photo is in the gallery; I am the one in the grey shirt with brown wavy hair=)

I love this lipstick its my all time fav nude!! The lasting power is good:)

on 3/6/2012 11:01:00 AM

This lipstick is the exact color I have been looking for. It definitely has a pinky undertone on my cool-ish olive skin (is olive cool? warm? I have undertone issues), which makes it more flattering and less...dead looking. However, because it's an Amplified it's extremely opaque and blends right into my face, which is not a good look for me :( Keep this in mind, ladies. I've been wearing it sheered out but it's not an ideal sitch. Finding perfect nude lipstick is tough, ugh #callmewhenyouhaverealproblems

Great nude color for me, nc37. It is an amplified finish which I love!

on 2/8/2012 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I had given up on finding a mac nude lipstick that i loved until now that is. Blankety is a soft nude with pink undertones. This color looks vastly different inside then outside. Inside I would have said it had beige undertones and that it was a true nude however outside, on my skin at least it is a very pinky brown. I absolutely love this color, it glides on so smoothly and coats the lips in an opaque color. Lasting power however is not its strong point, it lasted about an hour on my lips and that was with no eating or drinking, but since i carry it around with me I have no problem about reapplying. If you have cool undertones then this may be a nude you love. I am very fair with very pinky cool undertones and this nude does not make me look dead or like i have concealer on my lips

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Blankety is pretty understated...it's not an in-your-face kind of lipstick at all, which makes it great for wearing at work or when you want something that's subtle and just completes your look. On my skin tone it appears as a slight pink-mauve toned colour. It's not too dark, not too light. The amplified formula is so smooth and creamy, looks great on the lips.

Popular Lipsticks