July 24, 2014 | 1361 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Blankety

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I found the perfect pinky nude mac lipstick. I'm a medium dark olive/NC44 and when I read reviews I thought for sure this wouldn't look too hot on me but wanted to give it a try anyways. Well to my surprise it works!! When applied it is kind of a muted version of my natural lip colour so it gives me a sort of fresh face look. I don't have to fuss with this too much either and can pull it off without a liner or gloss. Although with a gloss, it is very pretty. The makeup artist told me that she would not have recommended it for NC44 or deeper but was amazed at how it turned out. She suspected that it is probably because my lips are not that pigmented or have much of purple undertone. So I guess this is one of those colours that you really just have to try first no matter what your skin tone is. Your natural lip colour may be a big part of the determining factor.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This colour made me look like a corpse! I'm an NC40 and I wear plenty of bronze, but this shade made my lips look deathly pale. Got this as a freebee. Glad I didn't waste any more on this one!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by classicfilmbroad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate to be the voice of dissent, but this lipstick was the opposite of flattering when paired with my fair skin, dark brown hair, and green eyes. It looked like I had applied stick concealer to my lips. It completely washed me out. I see many referring to it as a pinky nude, but there was absolutely no pink in this on my lips. There are some lovely photos of the product here on MUA, but it looks like the lipstick is topped by a gloss in almost every photo. Perhaps this would look better with a gloss over it, but I'd much rather just have a lipstick that doesn't necessitate the use of a gloss. Fair-skinned ladies, please stay far away.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by cassmarie1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay love this!!!! It is a nudy pink and is very pigmented and smells delicious!!! I love the creamy texture and last as much as any other lipstick. Awesome products

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by mixemotion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVEEEE this lipstick! This is the perfect nude for me skin tone (NC35) I will most definately purchase it again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by whatisaspacebar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Ah, the search for that elusive flattering nude lipstick is over. I have dark brown hair (so dark people actually argue with me to tell me it's black), pale skin and bright green eyes. Usually, nudes are too brown or too pastel pink to work on me. I tried a couple of MAC nudes and found this one was the only one that looked good. It's soft pinky beige and softens my whole look. I experimented with mac blushes and found that using "Harmony" as a cheek contour and "Trace Gold" as the main blush looked AMAZING. BTW, try both those blushes if, like me, you're sick of doing the pink, rosy cheeked blush look. They are sooooooooo lovely together. I bought mac's "subculture" lipliner and "C-thru" lipglass which worked nicely with it.

I would say this lipstick is expensive in my country-$36 so I rated it accordingly. Australians get wholloped with a "luxury tax" on makeup brands so ALL mac products are hugely overpriced here. I would repurchase but as I normally wear stronger colours, I don't imagine that would be for some time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by juvenileOrion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only wear nude lipsticks and MAC is my favorite brand for pretty much everything. I used to wear Hug Me and Madly Creative but since I got Blankety, I've been reaching for this daily. It's the perfect nude for me. I love the Amplified formula because I find it really creamy and moisturising. This gives the right amount of color and I can just put it on without any lip gloss and it still looks glossy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by hazyhaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pigmented, smooth to apply, lasts 3-4 hours on me. It's a nude lipstick with a touch of pink. I like it because I can use it as a neutral base (my lips are pigmented) for lighter-colored lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this. It's a great nude with a hint of pink. My skin's NW25 for the record. This lipstick doesn't wash me out BUT I do feel like it is a little bit too light for my taste (my lips are pigmented). I have have have to pair it with Subculture lipliner to add a bit of color or else it will look too unnatural. But still, one of the best nudes I have come across. Just need to pair it with the right lipliner or gloss. I will continue to wear this but I won't be repurchasing. Mac Faux is a much better nude for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by LilMizz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looking for a nude lipstick? Look no further. Doesn't matter what your skintone, IMO, it has the potential to work. I've seen dark skin rock it, pale skin and me - deep olive C40.

On my "pigmented" lips, this shows up super nude, with a pink/mauve hue with the slightest grey-ish tone but in a flattering way!!! Hope that makes sense. In other words, it doesn't look like chalk on my lips (a sign that the colour is just too light), it doesn't look ashy or make me look dead. Yes it's a cool/greyish pink hue NUDE, but it still keeps my face alive and THAT IS THE KEY.

This is perfect for anyone who thought Siss, Cherish, Freckletone, Hug Me, Velvet Teddy and possibly others just weren't the right nude look. I own all the aforementioned lippies and whilst some are nice (Freckletone) some just plain FAIL as a nude (Cherish - too bright/coral) or the formula has them sliding off and looking like plain vaseline in 30secs (Hug Me) and so on and so forth.

For me, this is the most nude I would ever go, and ONLY works with heavy eye makeup, without it then - yes - you will look slightly weird.... Anyway, it gives you that lush, sexy, smouldering look - the formula is so perfect, your lips will look juicy and glossy, not the dead matte effect like others (Velvet Teddy). It looks creamy, smooth, and with a warmer pink gloss over the top you will have the "Hunt for HG nude" finally over!!!!

Reading the reviews I thought this was gonna be all wrong for my complexion, it seemed suited to those between NC20-30. But I love it. If you're not 100% sure, go into a store with a smokey eye one day and get it applied just to see how you look. I would say this is perfect for anyone wanting a sexy nude lip look for a night out. L-O-V-E.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No