November 26, 2014 | 1632 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by xoxomia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shade is simply amazing. I was scared to try a purple lipstick but this is very wearable! Depending on what you layer it with the color changes! I like wearing it alone during the summer my favorite combo right now is Up The Amp with Currant lipliner for an ombré effect. It looks so good! This lipstick is a must try if you are trying to step out of the nude/pink comfort zone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous purply shade which can be applied normally for everyday wear (I wear it to work) or more thickly for a more stand-out effect. Either way its a lovely colour and a lovely formula which lasts well but still feels soft and creamy. Another great lippy from mac.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite lavender/violet shade. Its incredibly wearable- somehow it manages to come off very natural which is strange for this type of shade I know!. Other than a few of my neutral browns by MAC, Up the Amp is the only MAC lippie I have ever used all the way up (or down lol). Its an uber creamy formula as its of the Amplified Creme line (my fave) and doesn't call for much retouching throughout hours of wear. Although lavenders are a sort of trend right now, this one is going to be a staple for me long term- provided it doesn't get discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Cheenebelle

LOVE this lippy the texture is vey nice. It is a truly bold lip color. I don't wear lipliner with it. You can apply it lightly on your lips for a subtle look During the day. This is one of my must have lipstick in the spring and summer. I would buy this over and over again ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by JillyJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it love it love it. Lasts a long time, feels great on my lips and just overall an awesome color without freaking my boyfriend out haha. Great for any season as you can layer it lighter or darker and a great substitue for a red lip as it can be harsh depending on skintone. Will definitely keep in my makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am super warm toned and this looks amazing on. It pulls more pink than lavander. Lavanders make me look corpse like.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by christina001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to think Up the amp was really purple. I tried it on after being majorly into plums and purples recently for fall and winter, and must say it is MUCH more wearable than I thought.
One good layer makes it a purplish pink on my pigmented lips, medium olive skin tone (NC 25-30). Very wearable. Several layers bring out the slight purpleness in it more but it is still very, very wearable. I actually will probably save this one for spring - I bet it will be awesome then. Will wear it occasionally now, but I prefer more extreme plums, bordeaux and purplish reds or berries now.
(Some favourites for those craving similar colours currently are Mac Rebel, Amorous and Captive with different liners like Magenta, Vino, Half Red; Benefit's No competition, Oh Currant & Espionage, Revlon Plumalicious, Illamasqua Magnetism, Wet n Wild Ravin Raisin and Sugar Plum Fairy.)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wnt go into describing the colour becuase I think its been reviewed so many times.

When I go this home I thought this would be one of those colours that I would wear for a while then think 'really? Is this your colour' and not really wear it that often.

I thought it would be a colour where I would have to keep the rest of my face neutral but as Im such an eye & blush girl I tend to reach for my Hug Me's, Modestys & Twig type colours more.

But actually I can pull it off with a fairly heavy black eyeliner look. I havent tried it with a colourful e/s but then I dont really do colourful eyes AND lipsmwithout feeling like a clown.

The other thing Ive done sometimes with this l/s is mixed it with a more opaque nude & it looks great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

This a creme lipstick that claims to be lavender violet but I'd call it mauve to purple pink. This is a more subtle neon color. I think this color works very well with my light-medium olive skin and is just enough to make you stand out but, not to bright to make you look over the top. The lasting power honestly could be better but the moisturizing power is actually very good. Overall a very nice, young, stylish shade. I'd def repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by foppery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Up the Amp is a beautiful lipstick. I'd describe the color as neon mauve: a pinkish purple bright enough to make you stand out but subtle enough that you won't look insane if you wear it during the day. The formula is very moisturizing, even on my dry lips, but I had to take off one lippie for the staying power: it doesn't last more than two hours on me, and that's without eating or drinking. One sip of water and it's gone. Still, if you don't mind touching up your lipstick every couple hours, this is a great find.