August 27, 2014 | 988 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cosmetic Warrior Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by raisinbagels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was a little expensive for me, coming from Singapore, it costs $21, which is pricey considering it only lasts 3 weeks. My advice: Share it with a friend, because then you don't need to force yourself to use it every other day.

I've finished one pot of this and I would definitely buy it again. I have hyperpigmentation and sensitive skin that gets a little bit irritated, especially at night when I need to remove my make up + cleanse. I spread a layer of the mask quite generously, and leave for about 15 mins, then wash it off. It can be a little harder to wash off. But I can see the results right away - my skin looks smoother, more plump, and the red marks are a lot less red, it definitely calms your skin down.

However, do note that there is no permanent change. My skin usually goes back to normal the next day (but doesn't get worse!). So if you're looking to permanently lighten your marks, don't expect that from this. However, I really think it is VERY GOOD if you need to calm your skin down - let's say you just came back from a long trip or a hard night of partying - it will prevent your skin from getting worse for sure!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love masks, but this is the first Lush mask I have tried. My first reaction to it was... UGH, this mask STINKS & I am going to throw up. I was literally breathing through my mouth instead of my nose and I still couldn't take the smell but I tried everything to ignore the smell because I heard great things about it. It does get easier I guess once you're used to it or learn to ignore it but I am way too sensitive to smells. Once I washed the mask off & saw the result I knew I had no choice but to learn to deal with the smell because my skin looked great. I have the worst acne scarring. Deep red scars covering my cheeks & I literally saw a difference right away. My face just felt calm and relaxed & the scars didn't seem so red anymore. My skin looked plump and healthy. I didn't see it do anything for my active acne as of yet but I plan on using it every other day & see how that turns out. The tub of this is pretty small and I was told I'll get anywhere from 4 to 6 masks out of it & for $8 I think that's kind of pricey. Especially seeing as how I am used to Queen Helene's mask or my Boots Botanics mask which are much cheaper and last me months. I do think it's better to try a more natural approach for skin though seeing as how I am tired of using chemicals on my face. So far I am pleased with it and I can't wait to see what continued use will do for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by patty88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm on my way to trying most of Lush's fresh face mask, and this has been my 2nd try. I've mixed feelings about this one as I had expected it to do more to dry up my t-zone. However, after I had used Brazened Honey, I think BH is much better at containing oil in the T-zone area, and it also gives your face a 'fresher' feel. I guess, from reading most reviews of Cosmetics Warrior, this is better at preventing breakouts. The garlic smell for me is ok, perhaps it's because I love garlic. It'll probably be a repurchase for me, as I like to mix up my mask- ie, use different ones on alternate days, or use different ones on different parts of my face and hands. I'm going to try Cupcake next, to see if it might be better at oil control than Cosmetics Warrior.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by lxGossipGirlxl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

FAVORITE lush mask ever!
People are turned off just because of the smell, but honestly, i don't really smell that much garlic in there, i smell a lot of herbs.
And plus, it really helps soften and clear my skin i just love it<3
My holy grail face mask~

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by palmtreesseabreeze

This is an all around SOLID product.
At first I was hesitant because everyone else said the smell was horrid and nauseating. I don't mind the smell actually, it's earthy and smells strongly of tea tree oil. In conjunction with herbalism, tea tree water toner, and enzymion moisturizer, my face is starting to heal from it's god awful battle with pesky acne. Sounds too good to be true- I know. I can't really believe it myself. It's only been a few weeks- so I hope my face continues to yield good results. Some people say that there is too much mask to use in two weeks- well, this stuff can last about 3 weeks, the LUSH workers probably want you coming back more often, that's why they mark the expiration dates so early. :) It won't kill you if you use it a few days after it expires.

Overall: Cosmetic Warrior is soothing, helps to reduce the redness of acne, acne scars (a little), and the size of acne. It is much cheaper than other LUSH products- I mean, $7, come on. You don't have much to lose! If you're looking to start a skincare regime with LUSH, BUY this and sample everything else first.
Good luck.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by TennysonGrace

This stuff smells so horrid and I didn't notice any notable improvment in my skin after using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by sweetiepea161616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE!!!! First of all, it does not smell as bad as people say. Honestly, it doesn't really smell much like garlic at all. It smells strongly of tea tree oil though, and I think that's what people are reacting to. I personally love the smell of tea tree oil in soaps and stuff, so I really love the smell of this mask. And tea tree oil is great for acne. This mask feels great on. It is so creamy. You kind of have to pick chunks out of it, but it's all good. It doesn't really dry all the way like normal masks do, but that's not a big deal. I think my skin likes this, although it hasn't done wonders or anything. I always get this as my free mask when I turn in my pots!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by hazelle

Bought this product on a whim when I walked by the LUSH store near my area. At first, I was skeptical because I did not see much effects from using lush products in the past. Went home with a small container of CW plus a generous sample of grease lightening!!! After 2 weeks of using CW every other day along with grease lightening ... the previous volcanos (that is what i call my hormonal acne) have calm down significantly. Definitely worth it, and one jar lasts almost exactly two weeks. I started with doing full face masks, the last few days I have reduced to only using it on the T-zone and jaw area (where all my acne is/was).

Pro: Reduce redness, sped up healing, non-irritating
Con: garlic smell takes some getting use to.

UPDATE: 2 weeks later and I am on to my second jar ... still loving the great effects this mask gives me. Skin is healing faster, everything appears way more under control!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never really got all the hype behind LUSH (everytime I walked past the store, it stunk sooo bad). But after buying this mask, I am a convert to their masks and face soaps!!!!!!! This is my second favorite fresh face mask (the Cupcake mask being the first). It is designed for "problem skin", i.e. oily, acne-prone. I have very oily skin that is prone to acne and irritation. This mask deep cleans my skin (I feel it tingle a bit), and calms my redness. This is a fresh mask, so it needs to be kept in the refridgirator and used up in about 2-3 weeks. Since a little goes a long way, I can usually use this mask 3-4 per week to use up the whole product. The price is pretty reasonable ($7ish) compared to other LUSH skincare items, and what's even better is that with 5 empty mask pots, you get a free mask (which makes it an even better deal). The only reason I took off a lippie, is that the smell is somewhat wierd (kind of smells like garlic hummus).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I've used this mask many times, and I really do enjoy it. Yes, the smell can be a little off-putting as it does contain garlic. But it is a very soothing mask, and I found it to reduce some of the redness on my face. As far as treating acne, I don't really believe that it did all too much except for sort of calming my skin - which was nice. You have to keep this product in the fridge, as there are fresh ingredients (like egg) in it & it goes bad in about 2 weeks. You would really have to use this product every other day to get rid of the entire thing by the time it expires, and this mask is gentle enough to let you do that with out irritating your skin. This is my favorite mask at lush, I recommend!