April 18, 2014 | 1209 users online

Treatments - Honey

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ashpash44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just used it for the first time last night after hearing so many reviews here and on youtube so I just did a mask with only honey for an hour and it shrunk this nasty pimple that I've been working on for the past few days and i moisturized with almond oil and woke up to smooth skin...so far so good I will update how it goes after a month.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honey always leaves my normally sensitive and oily skin smooth and silky. I have one little tip to share: Since honey masks will cause drips and messes, after I put on the mask, I will line my chin with strips of tissue so that any drips will get sucked up and my shirt will remain clean :) hope that helps you!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by winniewyli21

Feels soothing, smells great and works wonders!
I have really bad acne and sometimes I need a boost to my skins and reduce all the redness that comes with my troubled skin :(

You must use Pure, Raw, unpasteurized honey on your skin (something you can pick up from your local farmers market) and it works as an antiseptic to reduce the inflammation on your skin and kill bacteria that causes acne. If you use the stuff that comes from the supermarket, which is inorganic and processed, you place all the extra chemicals on your skin and it can get WORSE!

I wash my face and pat it dry. Gentle rub honey onto my face as a mask. Leave it on for about 30-60 minutes and wash it all off. I then wipe my face with a green tea bag as toner and moisturize. VOILA!

Long story short - pure honey works great and can be used as a daily mask. It also helps with reducing scars!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by kaanderson

I really enjoy using honey as a facial cleanser. I used the generic grocery store honey for about a month, and it did not seem to help my skin at all. I then got the good stuff, raw organic honey, and have used it for a week and a half or so. My skin looks great, my acne has cleared up, and my face feels refreshed and moisturized. I gave it 4 lips because I also started using jojoba oil as a pre-cleanse at the same time, so I'm not sure if it was the oil or the raw honey that has worked the miracle for my acne-prone oily skin. I would recommend testing a spot first on your skin, as it sounds like some folks get irritated skin with it. I haven't had any problems, and sometimes I'll use it as a mask and just leave it on for an hour while I do other things around the house. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Bettybo75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Honey is the best beauty treatment ever, I put masks on with honey and lemon or milk and also if you eat it is good for your skin and health!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by aksharad

So here's what I did-

I took about 3 teaspoons of honey and squeezed in half a lemon. Honey naturally is quite thick and sticky so the lemon juice balanced out the consistency. I spread the concoction evenly on my face (including lips :P) and neck and left it for about 20 mins (you might have to deal with some dripping). thereafter with wet hands I massaged my face for about 3 mins and washed off. I could IMMEDIATELY see the difference! My skin was literally glowing and looked so radiant! And it felt so smooth and evened out that I couldn't believe that it was my own skin after all! I'm definitely going to do this regularly to see the effects in the long run, but as of now, I'm very very impressed! Do give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by tracie1300

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought I was doing a pretty good job taking care of my skin all these years, but after reading reviews for honey on MUA, I decided to give it a try. OMG! What a difference! My skin feels tighter, looks brighter and my pores are so clear! I didn't realize how dull and gunky I was. I had a small red vein that was fairly noticeable on my check and it seems to have faded. I lost about 50 pounds three years ago and felt that my face really showed it, not in a good way. Since I've been using honey, along with EVOO, I feel like my skin is plumper. Not long after I stared using honey, I had a bad cold for a week. Normally, within just a day, I would have a dry painful red flaky nose. This time, much to my surprise, my skin stayed smooth through a whole box of tissues. Since I started using honey and EVOO around the same time, I'm not sure which gets credit for what effect.

How I use it: I start with light moisture on my face, apply honey and leave it on for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water. Sometimes I leave it on for an hour or so. I originally was using ordinary local honey that I had on hand, but decided to try organic raw honey. I don't know that it works better but I love the texture, especially when rinsing it off. I've also combined it with sugar for more exfoliation. Haven't tried it in my hair yet, but I will. I think my jar of raw honey will last a long time, but I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I usually do a chick pea flour and turmeric mask every week or two. I have lately been addling lime juice to lighten acne scars. Chick pea flour (a commonly used item in India - it's called "besan") deep cleanses and makes your skin glowy and soft. Turmeric helps even out skin tone. I lately tried adding honey to the mix instead of lime juice but unfortunately, when I washed it off , my skin was a bit greasy. I would recommend for dry skins.

Honey taken orally is quite wonderful though. I take it with warm water first thing in the morning with ACV and lime and it seems to have cleared my skin inside out.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was always using honey as ONE OF the ingredients in my face or hair masks (like: oats, honey, yogurt, lemon, greek yogurt, etc), but never tried it by itself.
The best is to use raw, organic, unpasteurized honey, however, almost any raw honey will do. Sometimes it can be mixed with other ingerdients, like lemon (for brightening) oats, cinnamon or turmeric. All these ingredients are natural and great for skincare.
In addition, honey helps reduce inflammation and redness. Because of the humectants in it, honey is also moisturizing, unlike many acne products that can dry out the skin. I use it every day for about 10 - 30 min., but it can also be left on for much longer.
If anyone has acne prone skin, try mixing honey with cinnamon, fresh lemon juice and oatmeal. Leave the mixture on for 20 to 30 min. and then remove with warm water. You will see the results right away.
Another mask to make: grate 1/2 apple and mix with 2 tbsp. of honey. Leave on for 10 min. and rinse off. This mask also helps with skin tone.
I also like honey with cinnamon. Like honey, cinnamon has anti-microbial properties and can halt the growth of bacteria too. I use: 3 tbsp. honey with 1 tsp. cinnamon powder and leavethe mixture on face for 30-50 min. before rinsing it off with warm water.

So far I am using regular raw, unpasteurized honey but I will try Manuka honey as it has even better antiseptic benefits.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by evilxelf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh, honey. How you sadden me so. Honey makes my skin glow more than any man has ever achieved. It is moisturizing, calms red skin and helps with flakiness. Unfortunately, I always seem to get a cyst or two after I use it. Sad face.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No