October 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by dc1407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where to start? Honey is one of my favourite products to use as a beauty product - it has so many different uses. I've been trying to use more natural/organic/DIY products recently and this is a great find.

I actually use Raw Manuka honey over all the other honeys available. Even though, other honeys are perfectly fine to use... Raw Manuka Honey is as close it's natural state as it can possibly be and hasn't been heat-treated (which kills a lot of the nutrients and healthful properties). Raw Manuka honey has more antioxidants than other types of honey and more antifungal and antibacterial properties.

Moving on... the uses for Honey are incredible...

+ As a face mask - it makes skin sooooo soft and glowy

+ It has great cleansing properties

+ It's so moisturising and works for all skin types - for extra moisture, mix the honey with milk or rosewater

+ It can be mixed easily with other liquids and powders for face masks - Spirulina powder mixed with Raw Manuka honey is a favourite mask of mine (Google Spirulina and it'll give you a list of all the amazing benefits for beauty)

+ It's a great hair mask/conditioner on it's own or mixed with olive oil - leave on for half an hour (I wrap my hair in cling film so it doesn't start sticking to my face)

+ Reduces scarring

+ Soothes sunburn

+ Can also be used on the lips to moisturise them/in lip scrubs

+ It helps with skin ailments like eczema, acne, helps to heal wounds faster

+ You can even add it to bath water for soft skin

+ You can even get beauty benefits from eating a spoonful of honey (especially if you have digestive problems like IBS) and it won't spike your sugar levels like sugar does

+ Use it in homemade scrubs or soaps

+ Mix it with an egg for a toning face mask

Honestly, the list is endless!

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by saratan7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been doing honey mask on my face daily for few months. I tried my best to do it everyday. It works like a charm. Very inexpensive but very effective. I have oily/combination skin. The texture of my face and the complexion are definitely improved. And it clams my skin. It took me about a month after doing the honey mask consistently to see the different. I would come home, wash my face then put the honey all over my face. And just leave it on at home. Or if I have time I would do it in the morning before getting ready. Essentially I apply honey on my face as much as I could. It gets a bit annoying sometime cuz it is sticky. But totally worth it. As I said, inexpensive but very effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by lyaarisa

I'm using Warm Honey Mask Everyday... Hell yes, every single day.. I have never failed doing so since earlier this year... I save lots of cash investing in this daily mask routine (beware if you are allergic to honey).

Since I have dry sensitive skins & acne prone skin (I know this sound weird but yes, I have flaky skins but I also have acne), I use this daily to calm my dry skin.

Surprisingly!!, my blackheads are reducing as well as the swelling and redness on my face. That's why I pledge to use natural products at night.

Back from office, I wash my face with honey facial bar, pat my face dry, put warm honey on my face for 30 minutes, rinse it off with warm water & final rinse with ice cold water. I tone my face using natural coconut water (I put this stuff in fridge as it can last for a week or 2).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by TubbyPuppy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Honey is definitely for more than cooking and sweetening food! I've used honey to heal cuts (as did the Ancient Egyptians), treat facial outbreaks, and soothe dry winter skin. My sister once had a boil that would not come to a head....sounds gross, I know, but it was on her leg and the area was very sore and red. I made her use a really warm compress to open the pores, and then applied warm honey to the area and covered with a huge bandage. After 3 hours, the "boil" had begun to surface! We repeated the process and she went to bed; the next morning, the boil was sitting there like an Easter Egg! After removing all the yucky stuff from it, she recovered it with honey, and by that night, it was gone. No scar or any evidence of a bump or boil! Honey truly is a natural wonder. Sorry if my story made anyone feel ill, but I'm an animated person. LOL!

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by badwolf42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I just used whatever honey was in my house and I absolutely LOVE it as a face mask. I just squeeze right out of the bear shaped bottle and smear it on my face! That is all I have to do! It just feels so hydrating as soon as you get it on your face, never feeling tight. Your face just feels sooo soft as soon as you wash them off. I like putting it on in the evening, leaving it on for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse off (it tastes good if it gets in your mouth). In the morning, I use a gentle scrub, and my skin is glowing! So affordable and just AMAZING!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In Ginger Garrett's book 'Beauty From the Bible', honey and olive oil are mentioned as two of the ingredients that work wonders for the skin. Yes, indeed!
I follow her technique of applying honey with moist fingertips, on the face. It soothes the face. Honey is also a humectant and antiseptic (assuming one uses raw, unprocessed).
Her book also has a recipe for a skin creme, with only beeswax, honey and olive oil in equal parts. This creme too, is awesome! Apparently, the ingredient mix is close to that in the 'Egyptian Magic' cream that costs several times over.

Better to use honey than skin products containing chemicals like propylene glycol etc for retaining moisture!
Of course, the whole process is messy. LOL. But, a honey treatment is fun. Love love love the scent of honey.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by MitaUd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Works well as a spot treatment for newly formed bumps or whiteheads but needs to be used consistently to see results.somewhat fades acne marks.its very sticky and tends to get stuck in my hair whenever it's windy though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Raw honey has been a lifesaver for my skin.
The back story: In highschool i never suffered from acne. If i do get the occasional pimples, they go away without a scar. But ever since i moved away for college, irregular diet and stress has wreak havoc on my skin. I break out every single day. I would glad if it was just simple pimple, but it was freaking cyst acne. Every day i would wake up with a new cyst waiting to 'mature'.
I tried everything. Scrubs, salicylic acid, changing my diet, stop taking dairy products. It get a bit better. I still get cyst every 3, 4 days but new small pimples still pop up every day. And they leave behind these little dots. And my face, especially my cheek is fill with these little red dots. I was embarrassed and cover my face with lots of concealer and foundation.

The solution: Then i discovered the honey washing method. I read about it before, but it seems a bit ridiculous to me. Plus, in the past wherever i add honey in my oatmeal mask, i end up with even more blackhead. This time i was desperate, so i tried it.
However, I used raw honey and it made a different. If i have makeup on, I use cleansing oil first. Then use warm, slightly hot to open up the pore. Then i use tsp of honey and rub it all over my face. I have done this every single day for 2 weeks, and I stopped getting cyst or pimple now. Ever since i started this, only 2 small pimples pop up but they went away quietly without a scar. The scars from previous cyst has lighten, instead of purplish pink, it has become red pink, and shrinking.
I also make a leave on mask with 1 1/2 tsp honey, just a tiny tiny bit of water, less than even 1/4 tsp, and 3 , 4 drops of lavender oil (help lighten scars). the water is supposedly help release 'peroxide properties' (minimalistbeauty.com).

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by kmm82512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Honey is wonderful! I buy local honey from a health food store and it's one of the best things I've ever put on my skin. I use it a few times a week to wash my face, and it leaves my skin very hydrated and I only need a fraction of my usual moisturizer amount afterwards. Washing it off is much easier than you'd think... it's not sticky once you add the water and it rinses right off. It's also very easy to convert it into a face mask/scrub by adding baking soda or sugar.
My absolute favorite use for honey (which I can't stop raving about!) is a body sugar scrub. It works very well for exfoliating my legs before shaving, resulting in a very close, smooth shave. I make a thick, sap-like paste with honey and brown sugar, thin it out with a little bit of coconut oil, and then scrub away. I once did an experiment and used it on only one half of my body and compared the results to using a commercial sugar scrub on the other side of my body... and WOW! My skin went from not having moisturizer put on in two days, to being silky smooth and not needing any moisturizer at all. Amazing!
UPDATE 3/3/13 - *RAW honey works 100 times better!* I did some research, found out about raw honey, and tried it as a base for a sugar scrub and it made my skin so soft and radiant, moreso than when I used processed honey. The clear amber-colored honey you buy at the supermarket is processed with heat, thus destroying much of the enzymes and other healing properties. Raw honey is not transparent. It looks like very thick baby food and it is sold in jars, not bottles. You can find it at health food stores.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Honey has its own amazing antimicrobial and micro-nutritional benefits so why not take it up a notch? I buy Y.S. Eco Bee Farms organic Royal Jelly, which is a mixture of raw honey with royal jelly. It's $12 bucks for 20 ounces. Pretty cheap when you consider how much you can spend on mass produced facial products of lesser quality. So, I make myself a mask using this product and unsweetened cocoa powder. Make a paste and you have one of the most powerful yet gentle antimicrobial and antioxidant products on the market or off.
This mask is great for neutralizing the free radicals/pollutants in our skin as well as preventing breakouts.