April 16, 2014 | 853 users online

Scrubs - Alba Botanica - Sea Enzyme Facial Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2006 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Sassymedusa

Oh this feels so good! I've been slathering on the benzoyl peroxide for 2 weeks now, and it has cleared up my skin but left it dry dry dry. This sloughed off all that dead dry gray sad dull skin (really wasn't liking the condition in case you couldn't tell) and left my face smooth and glowing and normal again. But not irritated in the least. RAVE RAVE RAVE! This is my new HG face scrub.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2006 10:26:00 AM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't love the smell, but I don't hate it either, and the exfoliation beads in this, are not bad for sensitive skin. If you find this a little harsh, try the PTR - it's more gentle and I alternate between the two.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 4:26:00 PM More reviews by ChaosAndCandy

I had been using St. Ives Apricot Scrub for YEARS when I decided it was too abrasive (it contains walnut shell particles, for crying out loud) and decided to look for a new one. I bought the Alba Botanica scrub after looking at MUA reviews. I wasn't thrilled with the price, but I really like the product. The particles are finely milled enough without being non-existent, and my skin is much smoother after I use it. Will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2006 11:08:00 AM More reviews by abigail80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this scrub a few times a week and it works great for me. I usually don't like fragrances at all, but I actually enjoy the "sea" scent of this scrub. The scrubbing particles exfoliate very well and it leaves my skin very soft and clean. I think the price is very reasonable for the quality of the product, and I like the simple squeeze tube packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by venusmagick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am loving this scrub! I have oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin that lets me know quickly when it doesn't like a new product. I have had no problems with this, and have used it several times so far. Nice smell, nice texture, leaves me clean and soft, and the price is fairly reasonable. I will shell out bucks for a good product, just because my face is so tempermental. So, to me anything that is under $10 and keeps my skin happy is a must have product. UPDATE 11/06: I am now just so-so about this product. I still think it's good, but maybe just not an HG for me. Still a fan of the overall line though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 6:41:00 PM More reviews by angelmamma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this scrub. the particles are the perfect size and it's really non-irritating on my sensitive skin. I use this a couple times a week along with all the other products in the Alba "sea" line and my skin is loving it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2006 10:37:00 AM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Reading all these great reviews, I expected a great scrub. What I got was a very mediocre one. This leaves flakes of skin all over my oily face. Maybe I got a dud tube? With all the hype, I thought this must be even better than Origins Never a Dull Moment Skin Polishing Enzyme Scrub. This doesn't hold a candle to that. Plus, there is some ingredient in this that feels like it is burning my skin. I don't even have sensitive skin. I'm glad other people are pleased with their results, but I will never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2006 11:13:00 AM More reviews by auras

Waw, I didn't know a scrub could be so fine yet so effective. I'm in love. The smell is lovely, scrubs well and doesn't overdry my face, even in winter. I'm hooked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2006 8:42:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

Way cheaper than the Avene and Chanel scrubs I have used (only $8 Cdn), but a little more exfoliating, a bit like the dermabrasion crystals. But surprisingly, it is a gentle scrub and did not irritate my face like the straight baking soda which I could not tolerate. Use this a couple of times a week and I think this is potential HG material. I use this at night and have been following with a facial oil, either Clarins or straight jojoba, even if your skin is oily, this is very normalizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2006 3:49:00 PM More reviews by wjbk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An effective and gentle exfoliator. Not as effective as my beloved Sisley exfoliator, but a quarter the price. Lovely, fresh scent. Who says good has to be expensive?