Alba Botanica Sea Enzyme Facial Scrub

4.3

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, capric/caprylic triglyceride, zea mays (corn) cob meal, vegetable glycerin, glyceryl stearate, stearic acid, carthamus tinctorium (safflower) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), polysorbate 60, stearyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, sodium carbomer, sorbitol, sodium PCA, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), dimethicone, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), extracts of spirulina maxima (algae), ulva lactuca (sea lettuce), laminaria digitata (kelp), chondrus crispus (irish moss) and macrocystis pyrifera (kelp), citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf and chamomilla recutita flower extracts, L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate and fragrance (parfum).5/23/09

on 1/3/2007 1:52:00 PM

loved it.
have since switched to MACS scrub, but
have fond memories of this.

didnt cause any breakouts, smelled fresh,
scrubbed off any dry spots.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a good face scrub. I feel like it really does a great job. It makes my skin very smooth. After I use this scrub I feel like a new layer of my skin is revealed. The problem is I often find that this product leaves a SLIGHTLY greasy film on my face...so it's necessary to cleanse after using it. I also LOVE THE SMELL of this.

on 10/26/2006 12:20:00 AM

awesome scrub. Pleasant smell and most of all does the job without stripping your face. For about $9.00 dollars, you can't go wrong. For the record i was using L'Occitane Olive Oil line scrub which didn't have enought "scrubbers" but have sensitive skin so was hesitant to try this. Glad i did. If you buy at wild oats or Whole foods and do not like it , you can bring it on back. Leaves your face soft and does not dry it out which is great.

on 10/18/2006 5:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i've been using this for a couple of years and it's made a difference for sure. i also use the Alba sea plus renewal cream -- HG. this scrub is gentle enough yet works and affordable. i just moved to UK and don't know where to get this any more. anyone?

on 10/12/2006 8:31:00 PM

Like the previous reviewer, my face was all flakey from overusing benzoly peroxide. This scrub really took care of it, though. It's like a natural microdermabrasion scrub!!! I couldn't believe how soft and smooth my skin was after using it. Will def. repurchase.

on 10/12/2006 6:41:00 PM

Oh this feels so good! I've been slathering on the benzoyl peroxide for 2 weeks now, and it has cleared up my skin but left it dry dry dry. This sloughed off all that dead dry gray sad dull skin (really wasn't liking the condition in case you couldn't tell) and left my face smooth and glowing and normal again. But not irritated in the least. RAVE RAVE RAVE! This is my new HG face scrub.

on 9/4/2006 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't love the smell, but I don't hate it either, and the exfoliation beads in this, are not bad for sensitive skin. If you find this a little harsh, try the PTR - it's more gentle and I alternate between the two.

I had been using St. Ives Apricot Scrub for YEARS when I decided it was too abrasive (it contains walnut shell particles, for crying out loud) and decided to look for a new one. I bought the Alba Botanica scrub after looking at MUA reviews. I wasn't thrilled with the price, but I really like the product. The particles are finely milled enough without being non-existent, and my skin is much smoother after I use it. Will continue to purchase.

on 7/15/2006 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use this scrub a few times a week and it works great for me. I usually don't like fragrances at all, but I actually enjoy the "sea" scent of this scrub. The scrubbing particles exfoliate very well and it leaves my skin very soft and clean. I think the price is very reasonable for the quality of the product, and I like the simple squeeze tube packaging.

on 7/3/2006 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am loving this scrub! I have oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin that lets me know quickly when it doesn't like a new product. I have had no problems with this, and have used it several times so far. Nice smell, nice texture, leaves me clean and soft, and the price is fairly reasonable. I will shell out bucks for a good product, just because my face is so tempermental. So, to me anything that is under $10 and keeps my skin happy is a must have product. UPDATE 11/06: I am now just so-so about this product. I still think it's good, but maybe just not an HG for me. Still a fan of the overall line though.

Popular Scrubs