December 18, 2014 | 1667 users online

Scrubs - Alba Botanica - Sea Enzyme Facial Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by honeybees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

loved it.
have since switched to MACS scrub, but
have fond memories of this.

didnt cause any breakouts, smelled fresh,
scrubbed off any dry spots.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a good face scrub. I feel like it really does a great job. It makes my skin very smooth. After I use this scrub I feel like a new layer of my skin is revealed. The problem is I often find that this product leaves a SLIGHTLY greasy film on my face...so it's necessary to cleanse after using it. I also LOVE THE SMELL of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2006 12:20:00 AM More reviews by mmandecka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

awesome scrub. Pleasant smell and most of all does the job without stripping your face. For about $9.00 dollars, you can't go wrong. For the record i was using L'Occitane Olive Oil line scrub which didn't have enought "scrubbers" but have sensitive skin so was hesitant to try this. Glad i did. If you buy at wild oats or Whole foods and do not like it , you can bring it on back. Leaves your face soft and does not dry it out which is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2006 5:22:00 AM More reviews by alissss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i've been using this for a couple of years and it's made a difference for sure. i also use the Alba sea plus renewal cream -- HG. this scrub is gentle enough yet works and affordable. i just moved to UK and don't know where to get this any more. anyone?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2006 8:31:00 PM More reviews by manslayerliz

Like the previous reviewer, my face was all flakey from overusing benzoly peroxide. This scrub really took care of it, though. It's like a natural microdermabrasion scrub!!! I couldn't believe how soft and smooth my skin was after using it. Will def. repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2006 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Sassymedusa

Oh this feels so good! I've been slathering on the benzoyl peroxide for 2 weeks now, and it has cleared up my skin but left it dry dry dry. This sloughed off all that dead dry gray sad dull skin (really wasn't liking the condition in case you couldn't tell) and left my face smooth and glowing and normal again. But not irritated in the least. RAVE RAVE RAVE! This is my new HG face scrub.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2006 10:26:00 AM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't love the smell, but I don't hate it either, and the exfoliation beads in this, are not bad for sensitive skin. If you find this a little harsh, try the PTR - it's more gentle and I alternate between the two.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 4:26:00 PM More reviews by ChaosAndCandy

I had been using St. Ives Apricot Scrub for YEARS when I decided it was too abrasive (it contains walnut shell particles, for crying out loud) and decided to look for a new one. I bought the Alba Botanica scrub after looking at MUA reviews. I wasn't thrilled with the price, but I really like the product. The particles are finely milled enough without being non-existent, and my skin is much smoother after I use it. Will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2006 11:08:00 AM More reviews by abigail80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this scrub a few times a week and it works great for me. I usually don't like fragrances at all, but I actually enjoy the "sea" scent of this scrub. The scrubbing particles exfoliate very well and it leaves my skin very soft and clean. I think the price is very reasonable for the quality of the product, and I like the simple squeeze tube packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by venusmagick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am loving this scrub! I have oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin that lets me know quickly when it doesn't like a new product. I have had no problems with this, and have used it several times so far. Nice smell, nice texture, leaves me clean and soft, and the price is fairly reasonable. I will shell out bucks for a good product, just because my face is so tempermental. So, to me anything that is under $10 and keeps my skin happy is a must have product. UPDATE 11/06: I am now just so-so about this product. I still think it's good, but maybe just not an HG for me. Still a fan of the overall line though.