April 18, 2014 | 1835 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by kutoto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Why doesn't this work on me? I have ezcema on one leg. After reading the reviews here, I decided to try it. I don't like the squeaky clean feeling it gives after rinsing off. Maybe I am just not used to it - my whole body felt dry after the shower so I applied lotion all over. Overall skin felt okay with lotion except my ezcema spot was *so dry* after 7 hours! . I used it on my face as well it was actually alright. If I don't have ezcema I may keep on using this but nah, I am staying away from it. By far, Cetaphil is the best for cleaning ezcema skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is crap in my opinion. It's individually packaged in paper - I know, weird. Doesn't moisturize a lot, smells weird. But worst of all, the freaking soap just destroys itself in my bath within 2 days - litterally!!! No way I'll change my soap that frequently!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ooohsparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first started staying the night at SO's house, this was what was in the shower. At first I didn't like the smell/feel of it and was used to the uber moisturizing dove soap. but i must say i've changed my opinion!

SO's family has sensitive skin (much like me, reactive and picky!) but this doesn't cause any problems for me. I love the smell, the shape, and the suds. it can be a tad drying but I always use a lotion after... even if i use it on my face, i have no problems!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by jilly_sue

This has to be the most harsh soap on the market. It dried my skin out so badly that it took it weeks to recover. Only use this if your skin is a pure oil slick, otherwise stay very far away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY soap my husband will use. He actually uses it for shampoo too. I only use it in the summer if I'm really hot and sticky, otherwise it's way too drying for me. I guess a low maintenance husband is a good thing....more disposable income for my higher maintenance lifestyle. The only problem with a low maintenance guy.....he tends not to understand my need for the finer things in life.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ivory soap can do no wrong by me! I have overall sensitive skin, with an area of eczema on one leg, and this soap makes my skin happy. I love the fact that it rinses out/off totally, with absolutely no irritation whatsoever. Sometimes the most simple, tried and true, time tested products are the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by HeatSeeker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Ivory soap. I have sensitive skin and it works great. Love the smell too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used bar soaps all my life on my body, but I have never liked Ivory. The texture is much slimier than other bar soaps I've used. I really don't care for the smell, and it never feels like it cleans me as well. I feel like there's a residue on my skin afterwards. I have never used this on my face. The price is usually very cheap though. And at least it never gave me a reaction or caused breakouts on my body.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ShanKel

My face started to break out like crazy and I was trying everything I could to clear it up. I had just finished up using Proactiv and was tired of trying things that didn't work. I usually use ivory as a body soap but tried it on my face because I had nothing else. To my surprise it began to clear my skin after about a week. It is very drying on my face but I think thats what makes it work because it dried out all of my pimples. After my face cleared I went back to philosophy but everytime I see a pimple coming I go back to ivory. It works every time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 8:05:00 AM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is going to sound insane but on a whim, I used this on my face. That's right--my FACE. And wow. What a surprise. It's dead winter and cha-ching! Instant clarity. I use the aspirin mask, this, and my usual myriad of serums/light moisturizers. About six weeks ago, my weirdly hormonal 45 year old skin went whack with slightly itchy raised white bumps on my forehead, oily nose, and dry cheeks. How weird is it to be oily and dry at the same time? I tried a few things only to jack it up further (note to self: do no slather on moisturizers). I thought why not try something a bit simpler? I will admit I started the aspirin mask at about the same time but these two together are a powerhouse for me. However, strangely enough, I won't use this on my body. It's too drying. So if you're skin is wacky, give it a go. If it's overly dry, I wouldn't recommend it but otherwise, try it and see. It's cheap as hell.