October 2, 2014 | 1560 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Curel - Ultra Healing Daily Moisture Therapy Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by tristitia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Moisturizes well, doesn't leave hands feeling greasy, but is slow to absorb and leaves a sticky feeling (prob. because of the high glycerine content). Used up my current tube, but won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great hand lotion. It moisturizes fantatically without being greasy or runny, and it's pretty dang cheap. Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by hags101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is for the intensive lotion. This is the best moisturizer I have used. It has a nice and somewhat thin consistency to it. It moisturizes well and keeps working all day. My legs are still smooth and shiny (compared to dry surface cracks and ashy) when I climb in the tub before I go to bed. It even stands up to those days when I shaved with dial soap (super drying). I will purchase again and again. I may even add some extra virgin olive oil to the formula.

This beats Mario Badescu's Olive oil body lotion hands down!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by buffysaki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yup, I love this product, too. My skin is not particularly dry, and yet pretty much every other hand cream I've tried does not keep my hands from feeling dry for more than half an hour (and I love that Aveda smell so much, sigh). One application of this product lasts all night without feeling tacky. The version I'm using these days is the "Intensive moisture lotion for extra-dry skin" in the blue bottle.

In theory, I should love the faint orangey smell, but previous reviewers are right in that it doesn't smell quite right once it's been applied. Minor quibble, though.

I'd give this lotion 5 lippies if it were all-natural -- unfortunately, I've yet to find anything as effective at Whole Foods. I have been meaning to try Eucerin Plus, however -- I like the idea of alpha hydroxy acids. Will update when I do....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by tracy0021

I have tried them all, and nothing compares to the Curel Ultra Healing. I was using this on my face too because it does such a great job, but they recently changed the formula and it started breaking me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by spindazzle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this all winter and the skin on my legs and arms are the most hydrated ever... all day long (I am a 46-year old)! I used to think the Jergen's ultra healing was the best I could get... not now. The Curel is a much better product This is absolutely THE BEST! It also has a nice citrus-y fragrance that is soft and not too overpowering... just fresh and nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by annie711pm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of the best lotions I have ever used...it's ridiculously moisturizing, and SOOTHING...when my hands or legs are like, chapped from being so dry, this is the only thing that helps. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is cuz of the smell...it has a very light citrus smell in the bottle, but once I put it on me, the smell changes and it is gross...I hate to say this but it almost smells fishy. From browsing other's reviews of this product though, I am the only freak who is having this problem...however, it's such a good moisturizer that I don't even care, I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by xcaramelissa

the best lotion i've ever come across! i have extremely dry hands during the winter where my skin on my fingers can sometimes crack and it looks like papercuts. when i use this, i really feel the difference as it coats my hands and moisturizes really well! doesn't smell bad either. sometimes, but not all the time, i feel like it leaves a slightly greasy feel to my hands, but it's usually not a problem. i'm just weird about that.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by galofmush

I'd been using some Suave lotion on my legs for over a year now and it just wasn't cutting it. Living in MN, the winters can be very harsh on your skin and for some reason this year, my skin has been exceptionally dry. Someone suggested I try Curel and thought I'd give it a shot. My legs were literally itching me to death and I needed something.

I've only used it for 4 days now, but it's been AMAZING. It's not thick and gooey so it's easy to apply. It doesn't leave me feeling greasy. It has a very light citrus scent that's not overpowering and my legs are super smooth and no longer itch!

I LOVE IT. It works great on dry hands as well. I'm so glad a friend of mine suggested it to me. It'll definitely get me through the harsh winter months ahead.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 7:23:00 AM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a small tube of Curel Ultra Healing Intensive because it had a dollar off coupon at the grocery store. OH MY GOSH! This is the best lotion I have ever used. It far outdoes even Neutrogena's Swiss Emulsion, and that is saying something, plus it is cheaper! It moisturizes so well, but yet sinks in quickly and is not greasy, has little or no fragrance and does not irritate cracked skin. I've never seen anything like it! Highly recommended. Note that this is the "Intensive" version. EDIT: Coming back a year later to say that I now use this on my face as well, which is a weird combo of oily/flaky. Because of exaggerated redness, II can no longer use alpha hydroxy products to get rid of the flakiness, so tried the Curel as a facial moisurizer. Works great! Eliminates flakiness, does not make more oily, and does not break me out!!