July 28, 2014 | 1050 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a first impression review. Also I purchased the Equate (Walmart) version.

I used it mid day yesterday, last night, and this morning. and so far I really like it! I dont know why people are commenting that it's exfoliating or that the beads are harsh. The beads are nothing but there to look cool and draw your attention to the product to purchase it! they burst open (or maybe they just melt? I really don't know) as soon as you lather and become part of the cleanser. They really don't do anything at all. That being said, I like the feel of this cleanser. it has a cooling tingly feel that I really love. It's definitely great to use on an early morning to wake your face up. I have combination/oily/acne-prone skin and my skin did feel a bit dry and tight after using. So if you have dry skin, this probably would not be for you. I use moisturizer after, so it's no big deal to me to be a bit tight after cleansing.

As I said, this is a first impression review. as of right now, I would say yes I would repurchase. but we'll see after I've used it for a few weeks!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by kelsielilly

I use the green version of this and I'm about to blow your minds.
I tend to have oily skin, but my t-zone gets fairly dry, as does around my hairline. I've been trying products since I was 13 to get rid of acne (I'm now 21) without drying out my skin, causing more acne if I miss a day of washing my face, irritating my skin or making my skin more oily. (I tried proactive, prescribed creams, Marcel, nothing worked!)
I bought this during my first year of college because I couldn't afford the Marcel wash I'd been using. I've used it ever since! I kid you not this stopped my breakouts, doesn't make my skin irritated or oily, doesn't cause breakouts if I miss using it (I wash my face in the morning and at night but sometimes don't have time :( ) and is inexpensive! This is a gem in skin care I promise you! Although my face does get a bit dry still in the winter I use OLAY moisturizer (its body moisturizer but my skin loves it!) and I have no problem! No dry skin, no ugly pimples or blemishes, just soft, fresh smelling, clean skin! I swear this is an amazing product! Way to go Clean & Clear :) <3

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ickythump

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

There's nothing really good about this product, but the smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have two of the travel or sample sizes of this face cleanser and i have to say its good but not my favorite. I do find its great for morning washes. I have used up one and working on the second one and i think i can finally give my thoughts on it..
~~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Clean & Clear Mrning Burst Facial Cleanser is readily available in most drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as mass stores like Walmart, Target & Kmart. Its one of the bigger facial care lines. Its pretty affordable as well. If you are on a budget like me, look in the travel section for small sizes of facial cleansers, its a great way to try new ones w/out the worry if it doesnt work out. I bought two- one for travel & one for home. The travel size is only $1 which is great. The full size is around $4-5. I do find coupons in the P&G Saver sometimes so look for one as well. The price is good esp since you only need a little bit & it last awhile.
~~~~~~~~ FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~~~
Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser is a thicker gel like cleanser thats orange in color w/ small orange microbeads throughout for a light exfoliation. Its not too harsh for those like myself, that have normal to sensitive skin. I dont find it rubs off too much of my skin leaving it raw like some. It rubs on w/ a tiny bit of foam. I like mine to foam alot unless its a moisturizing cleanser. This one is a good medium. It has a nice orange citrus smell which does perk up my senses. I can see the claims of waking you up being true. It is very refreshing but some may not like it. The scent is strong but does dissipate over time. After cleansing, my skin feels clean. Not too tight but its not something i can use on a daily basis bc i can see it draining out too much moisture that my face needs. This would work good for those w/ more combo skin types. My pores do feel clean though. This is a great every other day cleanser for me when my skin needs a wake me up and me as a matter of fact :) only a small amount is needed. i use about a dime size amount which is plenty and gently rub in circular motions on my face in shower or sink. I then let it soak for a minute to allow it to penetrate & then i rinse off. I dont feel any residue. I always make sure to moisturize after using any type of exfoliant since i have more dry skin. This is a nice citrus smelling cleanser that i do use every once in awhile. I have a few other cleansers i prefer but this isnt the worst either. It smells amazing- its refreshing for sure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Clean & Clear Morning Burst Cleanser comes in a standard hard plastic container that is clear which allows you to see the cool cleanser & beads. The lid is a screw on pump dispenser that is purple in color. The packaging is colorful and bright- just like the formula. Its very simple & effective. It drew me in. (i have the travel size which is a small plastic tube that has a twist on/off lid that is squeezable, simple & travel friendly.) The pump allows just enough to be dispersed. This isnt the best for packing up to go but like i said, check the travel aisle for a more travel friendly version. I like the packaging. I like the pump. It makes it nice & easy.
Overall, this is a good cleanser. Its mild and works. It makes my skin feel clean and refreshed. Its a great smell if you enjoy citrus/orange smells. This is def good for those with more combo to oily skin but can be used for most skin types. Esp as a weekly treatment to refresh dull tired skin. I am not sure if ill repurchase since i do have other cleansers that i enjoy more. Its not that i dont like it but i have more normal to dry skin so i like something more moisturizing but it does work good!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by nads158

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very fresh and although the morning burst effect is hyped up in the ad, it does make you feel fresh in the morning.

Cleanses very well but without applying moisturizer soon, it can really dry your skin quick. After a while it does lose it's effect so you might want to change products in between.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by NiteOwlGrl2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been using this cleanser off and on since freshman year of hs (I'm 21 now). I really love the citrus scent and how the vitamin beads burst on your face leaving a tingly sensation. I have oily skin and this cleanser seems to really help reduce the shine and my pore size. There is a coupon you can get for this product on Clean & Clears website that will save you a dollar at target, but I usually find it and big lots for like 2 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by poohbear9549

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the second cleanser from Clean & Clear I have tried and I completely fell in love with this one. I love the tingle it gives your skin and it really reduces the look of your pores and wakes you up. The scent is a light, sweet citrus-orange. (Absolutely yummy!) It makes your skin feel invigorated and fresh feeling in the morning. This cleanser does everything it claims: wakes you up and rinses clean.
I don't find the beads harsh at all. They instantly burst giving your skin those extra vitamins. They are nothing like the strawberry seeds Clean & Clear uses in their "Fruit Infusions" products.
This product does not claim to help acne or to remove makeup, which is why I don't understand many of the reviews below me. This cleanser is solely for cleaning purposes. It doesn't claim nor have any acne fighting ingredients. It is clearly not formulated for acne or removing makeup. If you are looking for something to clear acne, maybe try something with Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid in the cleanser.
My only complaint (explaining the missing lippie) is that this sometimes makes my skin a little too dry but I fix that with moisturizer. This is a good, affordable drugstore cleanser and if you are still on the fence, try to pick it up on sale and with a coupon.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Sandrellina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A general cleanser to wake you up in the morning (mostly with the invigorating scent).
Honestly I didn`t experience any special "clean" feeling after using this. It gives you a light tingling sensation and may be good for those make-up free day when you just wanna remove natural oils and dirt from you face.
I doubt it would remove any heavy make up. Also I doubt it has any anti-acne benefits.
Buy this stuff if it`s on clearance. I wouldn`t recommend you buying it if you need to target specific skin problems or deep clean your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by newgenhippie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use the skin brightening one morning and night. My face breaks out whenever it feels like and it could be bad. I tried various anti-acne products with small success. My mum brought this home one day. It. Leans my face, doesn't dry it out and keeps me zit free most of the time. There are still hormonal zits but they clear up really quick with this. I use no zit cream, just moistureized and my skin is so nice. Also, since I'm mixed race my zits scar and this has been helping get rid of them and stop new ones from forming. My HG. Also, if i have any bumps on my chest I rub some of this one in the shower and it clears up in days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Pey8188

I LOVE this cleanser. I ahve been using it for a couple of years. While its extremely refreshing, that's not the reason I use it. I use it because I have found no other cleanser that doens't break me out like this one. WIth this cleanser, I never break out and it is extremely hard for me to find a cleanser that doesn't break me out. Thanks clean & clear! Will purchase forever.