April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Sensitive Essentials Day Lotion

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2006 4:27:00 AM More reviews by prettyinhotpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

St. Ives Oil Free Hypo Allergenic Facial Lotion, the lotion I have been using for a few years now has been discontinued and is no longer sold in stores. I needed something new and so figured I'd try Dove since that is a brand I tend to trust. Got the Sensitive skin day lotion and got to say don't like it at all.
    I have very dry skin and this stuff is not moisturizing enough and does not absorb well. My old lotion would glide on, dry within a minute and my skin would feel soft. The Dove lotion leaves my skin feeling wet and I guess dewey which is not a feeling I want to have and makes applying makeup afterwards impossible. My skin is so dry that foundation does not absorb into my skin well w/o a coat or 2 of lotion put on 1st so this is a problem.
    It really doesn't ever dry, an hour later, 2, your skin still feels a bit icky and it makes me feel like I am putting on a coat of wax or something and not moisturizing lotion.
    I gave this product 2 and not 1 star b/c I didn't have a reaction which was nice and the smell was non existant.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2006 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Cherubs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this in a swap & thought I would never use it because I have oily skin & I don't use moisturizer that often. My skin started getting dry because of this new cleanser I was using so I started using the Dove sensitive day lotion. It's wonderful for very oily skin like mine! It's almost like a primer for your face. After putting it on I don't feel any oiliness. It feels like I'm wearing nothing at all. I really like & I plan to buy again. MUST TRY FOR VERY OILY - OILY SKIN GIRLS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2006 10:10:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What I bought was Dove Sensitive Skin Facial Lotion. The word Day is no longer on this bottle. It's fragrance free and dye free and that's good. I have been searching for a cream or lotion designed for sensitive skin without any sunscreen. I use the unscented Olay daily moisturizer with spf 15 in the morning. But later in the day my cheeks are getting tight and dry due to using Metrogel. Adding more sunscreen just irritates my sensitive skin. This lotion seems to be the right texture and gives the correct amount of moisture for my skin at this particular time. I've tried other brands formulated for sensitive skin and they all burn. This is the first one that hasn't, at least not yet. I can try it tomorrow and it may burn like fire. That's the way my skin is behaving right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2006 9:58:00 AM More reviews by samp77

I love, love, love this product. I have sensitive skin and cannot tolerate any fragrance or funky additives. I also have combination skin and this is the perfect texture for that problem. It is light but still moisturizes really well. It has no scent and is an easy, no mess squeeze bottle. I would recommend that anyone with sensitive skin give this a try (you will need a separate sun screen though) as I have tried literally everything (even la mer broke me out!!) and this is the best. And it is soooo cheap too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 5:07:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I have oily/combo skin. I mainly like to use this on my cheeks where my skin is normal and less oily. This lotion is not exactly for OILY skin, but I do use this on my t-zone at night after applying Benzoyl Peroxide treatment (which tends to dry out skin). This lotion does not clog the pores at all, at least to me. It also contains a number of antioxidants, such as Vitamin E, and other good ingredients. I just bought a third bottle and will continue purchasing. I wouldn't trade dept store lotions for THIS. This is clearly better than many others I've tried and costs only $5-6. I notice that Dove changed the printed label on the bottle. It used to say "Day Lotion" but the new batches don't say that anymore (since it has no SPF, not a day lotion.)

I actually like the packaging. The trick is to shake the bottle upside down with the cap ON. Then just squeeze firmly. The product will come out with ease.

I love the texture of this lotion. It's whipped and feels light on my skin. It makes my skin VERY soft and smooth. I sometimes look forward to put this on at the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2006 12:11:00 AM More reviews by tropical___pinkk

Firstly, I have very dry skin. This stuff has a nice not-so-thin consistency, which I like. It moisturizes very well for me, but I can understand why some find it too greasy. I know that everyone's skin is different. I always feel as if my skin is nice and dewey when I use this. :) It's super cheap, and I did not get my lotion in a glass tub! I got mine in a plastic bottle... I'm suprised more people have not been able to find them. Hm. I have not repurchased this since I ran out because a bottle of jojoba oil is on the way, however, I definitely will repurchase if the jojoba stinks. ;) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 5:01:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this lotion to replace my Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. When i first switched, my skin felt a bit dryer, but after a few more days of using it, my skin felt moisturized. And it didn't irritate my face. The reason I switched from Cetaphil was because it made my skin too shiny even though it moisturized so well. (I have acne-prone sensitive skin) I liked this Dove lotion, but I wish it had SPF. As someone with sensitive skin, I am wary of lotions with sunscreen because some do irritate my skin. I am going to keep looking around for a gentle lotion with SPF. if i can't find a better one, I might come back this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Violeta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good moisturizer, cheap and I can find it at almost any store. My skin is dry and prone to irritation and acne and this lotion so far didnít give me any problems. The cream and the lotion have the exact same ingredients and consistency (I have purchased and used bought) but I prefer the lotion because it comes in a more sanitary packaging and you get much more for your money.
    Over all, itís a good product and unless I will find something better or it stops working for me, I am going to continue buying it.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Pentylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Cholesterol, Bisabolol, Sodium PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Dimethicone, Linoleic Acid, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Isohexadecane, Saccharide Isomerate, Coriandrum Sativum Seed Oil (Coriander), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Avena Sativa Kernel Extract (Oat), Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Linoleamidopropyl BG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, PEG-4 Laurate, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2006 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Eing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lotion should not be used during the daytime because, unlike the Essential Nutrients Day Lotion, this does not have sunscreen. However, if you have a good foundation or sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher using the UVA-protecting "active" ingredients of titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, or avobenzone, this can be used during the day. Still, this is a very well formulated lightweight lotion with vitamin E, ceramides, and antioxidants. This lotion is easy to apply, spreads easily, and feels nice. Some people find it difficult to squeeze the bottle, and maybe I just have a lot of hand strength, but quite frankly I don't know what they're talking about. The Sensitive Essentials creams are great for drier skin, but unfortunately are in jar packaging so the ingredients don't remain stable long. This product really is fragrance and colorant free and has not made me break out or irritated my skin, but claims like "fragrance-free," "non-irritating," "dermatologist tested," "non-comedogenic" or "non-acnegenic," and "hypo-allergenic" are not regulated by the FDA so a company can pretty much say whatever it wants. If you don't believe me, how many products have you tried that made the above mentioned claims but still bothered your skin in some way?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2006 10:10:00 PM More reviews by mariana85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is awesome. After nearly giving up on my search for a light moisturizer that wouldn't break me out (everything does), I stumbled upon this in a hurry and decided to try it out.
    It has a mousse-like consistency, no smell, super light, and best of all it doesn't break me out at all, not a single pimple!
    Another great thing about this moisturizer is that it dries really quick and leaves the skin cooled. No more feeling like a grease bucket or having to wait for it to dry before applying makeup.
    The packaging could have been a little better as sometimes the product is hard to get out. Anyway, that's not that much of a concern to me since it seems I've found my HG for awhile.