October 20, 2014 | 2053 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by ariestol

Smooth application, lasts all night. Smells great too! Love the matte look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Mellkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The perfect red shade. Extreme staying power! I apply this at 8am and it stays through drinks and good until I scrub it off around 7pm with no touch ups! I would recommend using a primer as it can be extremely drying if you don't and can look icky. Glides on easy and is lovable!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Nikki_L

I have totally bought into the matte red lip craze. I wanted an in-your-face bright red, as diva was just too burgundy. This is it. My complexion is NW45, and this red looks amazing. Do it dark-skinned ladies! I like this better than Ruby or Riri Woo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After many years of avoiding wearing red lipstick, I am so happy that I came across this gem. It dries matte but applies easily without drag on the lips. I use a lip primer and liner underneath it for maximum staying power. (I don't even have to retouch after meals if I prime and line). I'd highly recommend this to other gals afraid of "red". This lippie has made me venture out of my 'pink-nude' safety net.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by shahada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It took me a few years before buying this cult classic but I'm glad I finally did!!! It is a little drying as it is matte lipstick, but other than that, it is perfect. I don't wear lip liner with it and without eating, it lasts me easily 4-6 hours. It never feathers, even if my foundation is at the end of its day. MAC is so accessible that it's worth heading to a counter to try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by PinkSparkles15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favourite shade of red. It is literally perfect. Russian red is one of those reds that just really add to the face and make you look beautiful with only having minimal eye make up or no eye make up on at all. I get many compliments on how gorgeous I look when wearing this, as it goes with my light brown hair, green eyes and fair skin. This shade is perfect for those who have cool undertones (like myself).The staying power of this lipstick is just phenomenal and extraordinary! It lasts about 8-10 hours before becoming dry, and even when it does become dry, you can just apply some lip balm and you're good to go :) The scent of this lipstick is yummy (it smells like vanilla sugary cookies) lol :p
The packaging is sophisticated. Yes, I'll admit, this lipstick is quite pricey, but it is soo worth it.

Overall: this lipstick is SO beautiful, looks amazing on people whom have cool undertones, and lasts a VERY long time!! If you're looking for a deep red lipstick with blue undertones and great staying power, definitely spend the extra and give this lipstick a go xx

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by missty86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

beautiful red color. i like it more than ruby woo on my skin (mac nc42). but since its matte,it can settle in your fine lines so be sure to scrub before and apply chapstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Jules90

Everything I could want in a matte red lipstick - beautiful colour, ease of application, not too drying, makes teeth appear whiter, reasonable wear time. One of my favourite lipsticks

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST red lipstick out there! I've tried a few reds from MAC, and this is by far my favorite. Its not too warm or too cool, not too bright or too dark, its perfect. On me this lipstick is a neutral red, with just enough blue to make your teeth really white. Being really fair, I can't wear red lipstick with orange/coral in it, because it makes my teeth look yellow, even though I whiten my teeth. I love the color of Ruby Woo, but the Retro Matte formula is just too dry for my naturally dry lips. RR is not that dry, it's actually one of the creamier mattes from MAC. It's very pigmented, easy to apply, fully opaque, comfortable to wear, and it lasts a long time even through eating and drinking.
I use MAC's prep & prime lip, and Cherry lip pencil with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by natashasheerin

PROS
- Very pigmented.
- Smells good!
- Last a long time on the lips.

CONS
- Slightly drying if you haven't used a lip balm beforehand.

This is my all time favourite lipstick! It lasts for ages, it's a beautiful colour that would suit most skin colours and it's just an amazing classic red.
Highly recommended!