Olay Total Effects-Fragrance Free

3.7

WATER/EAU, GLYCERIN, ISOHEXADECANE, NIACINAMIDE*, DIMETHICONE, ISOPROPYL ISOSTEARATE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, ZINC OXIDE, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, SORBITAN STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, SUCROSE POLYCOTTONSEEDATE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, PANTHENOL**, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE***, STEARYL ALCOHOL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, DIMETHICONOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, ETHYLPARABEN, LAURETH-7, PROPYLPARABEN, DISODIUM EDTA, PEG- 100 STEARATE, STEARIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, METHYLPARABEN, OLETH-3 PHOSPHATE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLATE, YELLOW 5, RED 40.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The BEST!

on 8/6/2010 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This works really well for me i have acne prone skin with oily areas also sensitive to fragrances. I really like it so far worth the 20.00 spent :)

on 8/4/2010 7:07:00 AM

Very pleased with this moisturiser. While I like the smell of rosewater, I don't like having all manner of fragrances competing with my cologne. I always look for fragrance-free moisturisers.

I've used Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturiser ever since my mid-20s, and it has served me very well. I'm 48 now, without significant wrinkles. Over the years my skin has gone from dry-sensitive to normal-sensitive, and so Clinique (which is for dry to very dry skin) was starting to look too oily, so it was time for something new.

I tried various moisturisers and have settled on Olay Total Effects. This makes my skin feel very soft, well hydrated but without an oily/greasy look - more of a mat finish. Every morning I place dots at specific areas (around eyes, forehead, chin, next to mouth), then rub it into those areas with my fingers, and finally massage it thoroughly around the rest of my face until it disappears. In the evening my face still feels soft, moisturised and fresh. It seems to have a light exfoliating agent, and it definitely firms/tightens my skin - even if I wash it off, an hour after washing my face my skin feels noticeably firmer/tighter. I also like the fact that the cream is pure white, so it doesn't stain my clothing or sheets.

It's a bit pricey, but it was recently on sale at 2-for-1, so I bought enough to last me for quite a while (hopefully until the next 2-for-1 sale!).

I don't particularly like the sealed pump system. It's bulky, and I prefer packaging to be a little more eco-friendly, plus I can't get the lid off to get the remainder when the bottle is almost empty.

on 7/26/2010 5:09:00 AM

I started using this creme eight years ago, after I felt really run down after the birth of my second daughter. And since then this has been my HG moisturizer that I always return to. And I will say that, unlike many other products that I have tried, this one keeps a lot of the promises on the box. My skin tone has gotten way more even and I think it has done a decent job in keeping new wrinkles at bay. I am now 38, never wear any foundation and I often get to hear that my skin looks so good and that I look younger than my age. And I don't have great skin genetically, before I started with TE my skin was more reddish and uneven toned. It is also perfect for my greasy, pimple prone skin, as it is very light. However on cold winter days I find it not entirely moisturizing enough so I sometimes use a greasier creme to keep dry patches in check. My face skin reacts badly to scented cremes and it is really hard to find unscented anti-age products that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, which makes me love Total Effects even more!

on 6/2/2010 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I lost count on the amount of moisturizers I've used in my lifetime, but I can say that this has been one of the best and really stood out in the pile I've tried. It was so good at keeping my skin soft, I was shocked. I love the pump bottle, much better than having to dip my fingers in the product. It didn't leave a greasy film or sit on top of my skin, it soaked right in. Didn't break out and didn't clog any pores. Since it has no fragrance, it didn't irritate my skin. Great stuff, I would go back to this.

on 4/30/2010 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this moisturizer for several years now and just love love love it. I used to avoid moisturizing in my early 20s because they always felt so heavy and greasy on my face, and the really good ones were ridiculously expensive. My skin is moderately sensitive and still prone to pimples, even at the age of 29. I have found that using Payot Mousse Nettoyante as my cleanser and then following up with Olay Total Effects, before I go to bed, gives me a usually flawless complexion. And after 5 years of this regime, I'm frequently told that I look much younger than my age!!! Skincare is a good investment girls - if you get the base right, you need less make-up.

on 1/21/2010 11:42:00 AM

I love this moisturizers and have been using it for 3 years. This is one of the best moisturizers i have ever use on my sensitive combination skin. It is light, easy to apply, comfortable to wear, with a clean scent. I usually got it from Costco because it is much cheaper there than normal drugstore.

on 1/14/2010 4:28:00 PM

This is the only moisturizer that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. My skin looks healthy and no pimples or white heads. I use this moisturizer during the day and night time and it's the only moisturizer I use. During the day, I put Shiseido Sun Protection Extra Smooth SPF 36 on top of Olay Total Effects. At night I use only Total Effects. I use Jojoba Oil and Aveeno Ultra Calming Cleansing Cream to cleanse my face at night. And my skin is blemish free and even tone and healthy.

on 12/26/2009 6:56:00 PM

i got this moisturizer with spf and fragrance free and it is wonderful, not making me break out at all protecting my face and gives the perfect amount of moisture without the grease! i ve noticed since ive been using it my pores are looking smaller and my nose is no longer a clogged nightmare! LOVE IT!!

on 12/14/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Water, Glycerin, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Polyacrylamide, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Laureth-7, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, BHT, Benzyl Alcohol, Ethylparaben, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Good product, reduces redness, seems to penetrate and moisturize. I am a newbie so will need to give this a full 2 week run to see how it goes, but by the reviews and initial results looks like it has potential. By the way, PB has a review for this, but the ingredient list is wrong. This may be an updated version of the product. Her review for this was 08 so it may be new and improved.
UPDATE to follow...

Pump is a little wobbly, not sure what that is about?

Update, and so this sits on the sink in the bathroom. It seems to give me some breakouts every time I use it :(

Popular Moisturizers