November 27, 2014 | 1578 users online

Moisturizers - Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Face Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2008 5:23:00 AM More reviews by fuztop

This is terrible stuff! If you have sensitive skin, this will make it STING!!! It has lavender in it, which is quite overpowering smelling, and very irritating on the skin. I gave it away after using it once, Sorry, Bobbi. I love your stuff, but there is an exeption to every rule, ad this is it! :o( Avoid this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

BB is a master for makeup. Forget her skincare line!!!
I got this nmoisturizer wiht my las VBBpurchase of nakeup. So I wanted to give it a try... just because I saw the ingredients list is full of natural extracs & oils and I am a fan of natural stuff.
First bad surprise: it STINKS heavily.
For me, the bad scent of a cream is a deterrent ... I know that perfume causes allergies to many people, and BB decide to skip that, but there are MANY skincare brands that do not add fragrance to their stuff but they smell wonderful anyhow (See Sisley, they smell natural and the scent derives from the natural extracts they put in!).
Well, i decided to give it a try anyway.
First time: morning, used under my makeup (in this season a good foundation, quite hydrating, like La Mer or Lancome Renergie), but with the same skincare routine like everyday Result: after a few hours, my cheeks were dry and skin "pulling" and feeling uncomfortable.
Deduction: this moisturizer does not moisturizes enough.
Day two: tried it at night, after my night serums etc. (Skinceuticals Phtyto+, eye cream, Lancaster 365 DNA serum or Lancome Absolue or La Prairie Serum). Result: not enough moisture.
I had to apply another cream on top as my skin felt uncomfy. Gave this stuff two chances. Does not work.
Don't waste your time nor your money on it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by morepoe

I LOVE BB. This is her first product that I would not repurchase. It is highly overpriced. I use almost ALL her products and have repurchased over and over again---not this. This is no better than lesser expensive face moisturizers and no sunscreen. I would not repurchase and would return if I could.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by kylesmom27

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] DIMETHICONE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] MYRISTYL MYRISTATE [] CETYL ALCOHOL [] ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/MYRISTIC/STEARIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] ALEURITES MOLUCCANA (KUKUI) SEED OIL [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] ALGAE EXTRACT [] CETYL PHOSPHATE [] POLYPERFLUOROMETHYLISOPROPYL ETHER [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] CAFFEINE [] ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM) [] RETINYL PALMITATE [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE) [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) [] CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL [] ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL [] HEXYLENE GLYCOL [] PEG-10 DIMETHICONE [] ACRYLAMIDES COPOLYMER [] LECITHIN [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] SORBITAN LAURATE [] PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARATE [] PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE [] POLYSORBATE 20 [] HOMOSALATE [] SODIUM CARBOMER [] DISODIUM EDTA [] PHENOXYETHANOL

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love BB's skincare line with the exception of this product. This cream actually made my face dry up more. It almost felt like I applied alcohol on my skin. No lie! The rest of her skincare products works wonders on my skin, but with this cream I noticed a negative difference immediately. If you are skeptical if this cream will work for you, I highly suggest getting and using a sample first.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by sbb444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I was looking for a moisturizer since a long long time...
I visited the bobbi brown section and asked the SA for something that works as a base and something that moisturizes my skin...she tried a bit of this on my hand and i knew i had to buy this!
This hydrating cream worked great on my skin for 2-3 days and it made my skin glow for sure! But then i realized that i was getting tiny pimples on my cheeks after applying this...i think i would'nt call it pimples but maybe pores....after application of this cream my skin felt soothed but i started to get tiny openings on the surface of my skin (that is pores)!
I have stopped using it and my skin feels less moisturized but clear like before...so i have to hunt for another moisturizer!! And to add onto, i just hate the smell and texture of this cream...it smells bad and has a thick texture...I usually hate cosmetics with thick texture and never use them!
Total disappointement and a waste of $45!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

I got this as a sample with my order and have used it twice now. Up until using it my skin had been oilier than usual and acting up to the point where I stopped using all moisturizers because everything was making me have slight breakouts along the jaw line. I thought because this was more expensive than the moisturizers I usually use I would try this and wore it out over the weekend. When I first applied it my skin looked slightly red and I hoped I wasn't going to have some kind of reaction to it but I liked how non greasy it was. Well, I went out and ended up falling asleep with it and all my makeup on my face which normally wrecks my skin. The next day when I washed my face I saw that my skin looked better (more glowy and fewer breakouts) then it has in a long time. This must plump skin too because the fine forehead line I have was less pronounced. I really like this moisturizer but don't know if I want to spend the amount it costs (I also am not a moisturizer in jar fan). I think I am going to keep using the little tube and if I continue to notice positive results from it I will repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

I had a sample of this, and I must say, I was not impressed. Sure, it moisturized, but so do many other creams that aren't nearly as expensive as this. Plus I prefer my creams to have some sunscreen. And I don't know if I had a bad batch of this or what, but it smelled awful. Like nail polish remover. That alone is enough to make me run far, far away from this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this 3 weeks ago and have been using it since then. This product is perfect for my skin. My skin is usually "normal" but has been quite dry the last few months. Since I started using this, my skin has become soft and well moisturized. It doesn't make my skin feel greasy at all.

If there was one thing I'd change about this product it would be the packaging. I travel quite a lot and the glass jar is just too chunky to carry around.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by shoporamamama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Bobbi Brown and really really wanted to love this product (anything with "hydrating" in the name is usually good for me!) I have very dry, rosacea-prone skin and use Bobbi's skincare line. I switched to this from the Protective Face Lotion SPF 15 in the winter because my skin is so much drier. I had high hopes, but sadly this product let me down big time. It literally evaporated off my skin, no matter how liberally I applied it. I swear, it felt like I had never moisturized at all. Absolutely horrid! I took it back and am now enjoying the Extra Moisturizing Balm SPF 25. At night I am using the Face Oil (amazing!) under the Overnight Cream and my skin is definitely less dry and flakey.