April 21, 2014 | 1525 users online

Moisturizers - Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Face Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love BB's skincare line with the exception of this product. This cream actually made my face dry up more. It almost felt like I applied alcohol on my skin. No lie! The rest of her skincare products works wonders on my skin, but with this cream I noticed a negative difference immediately. If you are skeptical if this cream will work for you, I highly suggest getting and using a sample first.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by sbb444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I was looking for a moisturizer since a long long time...
I visited the bobbi brown section and asked the SA for something that works as a base and something that moisturizes my skin...she tried a bit of this on my hand and i knew i had to buy this!
This hydrating cream worked great on my skin for 2-3 days and it made my skin glow for sure! But then i realized that i was getting tiny pimples on my cheeks after applying this...i think i would'nt call it pimples but maybe pores....after application of this cream my skin felt soothed but i started to get tiny openings on the surface of my skin (that is pores)!
I have stopped using it and my skin feels less moisturized but clear like before...so i have to hunt for another moisturizer!! And to add onto, i just hate the smell and texture of this cream...it smells bad and has a thick texture...I usually hate cosmetics with thick texture and never use them!
Total disappointement and a waste of $45!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

I got this as a sample with my order and have used it twice now. Up until using it my skin had been oilier than usual and acting up to the point where I stopped using all moisturizers because everything was making me have slight breakouts along the jaw line. I thought because this was more expensive than the moisturizers I usually use I would try this and wore it out over the weekend. When I first applied it my skin looked slightly red and I hoped I wasn't going to have some kind of reaction to it but I liked how non greasy it was. Well, I went out and ended up falling asleep with it and all my makeup on my face which normally wrecks my skin. The next day when I washed my face I saw that my skin looked better (more glowy and fewer breakouts) then it has in a long time. This must plump skin too because the fine forehead line I have was less pronounced. I really like this moisturizer but don't know if I want to spend the amount it costs (I also am not a moisturizer in jar fan). I think I am going to keep using the little tube and if I continue to notice positive results from it I will repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

I had a sample of this, and I must say, I was not impressed. Sure, it moisturized, but so do many other creams that aren't nearly as expensive as this. Plus I prefer my creams to have some sunscreen. And I don't know if I had a bad batch of this or what, but it smelled awful. Like nail polish remover. That alone is enough to make me run far, far away from this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this 3 weeks ago and have been using it since then. This product is perfect for my skin. My skin is usually "normal" but has been quite dry the last few months. Since I started using this, my skin has become soft and well moisturized. It doesn't make my skin feel greasy at all.

If there was one thing I'd change about this product it would be the packaging. I travel quite a lot and the glass jar is just too chunky to carry around.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by shoporamamama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Bobbi Brown and really really wanted to love this product (anything with "hydrating" in the name is usually good for me!) I have very dry, rosacea-prone skin and use Bobbi's skincare line. I switched to this from the Protective Face Lotion SPF 15 in the winter because my skin is so much drier. I had high hopes, but sadly this product let me down big time. It literally evaporated off my skin, no matter how liberally I applied it. I swear, it felt like I had never moisturized at all. Absolutely horrid! I took it back and am now enjoying the Extra Moisturizing Balm SPF 25. At night I am using the Face Oil (amazing!) under the Overnight Cream and my skin is definitely less dry and flakey.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Keira14

I personally am a big fan of Bobbi Brown, but this product is horrible for dry/very dry skin. The amount of alcohol in it makes it completly dry out your skin, and not hydrate at all. I would never buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2007 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Jamsterz

All these years, I've been told that oil based products are non suitable for people with oily skin. This cream just proves that wrong because I realized that the oil molecules are able to penetrate deeper into the layers of the skin and prevent the oil glands from overproducing sebum. Because of this, I rarely break out from this moisturizer. I have been using this unscented cream for a year now and I'm on my second jar. It gives a fairly good amount of moisture to my skin and the texture is definitely thick and fluffy, so sometimes, it may feel kind of difficult to spread it over my entire face if I don't use enough. This moisturizer will definitely sink into your skin immediately so there's no greasy feeling at all. My only concern with this is that it may be hard to apply foundation over top because the cream doesn't provide the slip I need. I just want to let you guys know that I like alternating between this product and the vitamin enriched face base. What's interesting is that when my skin feels oilier, I will use the hydrating face cream to control my skin's oil production. I find that my acne does clear up much quicker when I use this cream over several days. Check my other review on the vitamin enriched face base to compare with this moisturizer.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2007 2:04:00 AM More reviews by browzing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not really all that hydrating. Like the eye cream, it just doesn't give enough moisture for dry skin. BB's Face Balm is much better for dry skin, IMHO. I use the tinted version all over my face, even undereyes, and it works better than anything else I've tried. The hydrating cream might be good for someone with normal skin, but if you're skin is as dry as mine (very dry), don't buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin has gone crazy lately and very dry and i have no idea why- no change in my diet, contraceptive pill, products i use etc...I usually have combo-oily skin, and after searching for what seemed like forever (and almost goin broke doin it! :)) i found a set of products that worked with it, then out the blue my skin has become very dry and flakey (oily on nose still). My usual johnsons HG facial wash now leaves my skin very dry, and my moisturisers for oily combo skin are not working. So after having great success with BB hydrating eye cream i thought i would give the hydrating face cream a try. I was reading the reviews on here the night before and almost didnt buy it thinking it'd be greasy etc. However, i shouldnt have worried. It retails for 29 in the UK so not cheap!! But it makes my dry skin sooooooo smooth, plump, fresh and glowy! The dryness is gone and i have a subtle glowy (NOT shiny/greasy- in fact this isnt greasy AT ALL) complexion. Now its summer i think this would still be a bit much for me in the day and right now im sticking with cliniques DDMG which is doing a decent job of hydrating as well as controling my oily nose, but this is HEAVEN at night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE: Its winter now and this is such a HG!!!!!.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No