Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream

3.5

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU, DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/MYRISTIC/STEARIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ALEURITES MOLUCCANA (KUKUI) SEED OIL, MYRISTYL MYRISTATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ALGAE EXTRACT, CETYL PHOSPHATE, POLYPERFLUOROMETHYLISOPROPYL ETHER, CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY), ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL, ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM), LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER), JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE), RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CHOLESTEROL, LINOLEIC ACID, TREHALOSE, GLYCERIN, CAFFEINE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ACRYLAMIDES COPOLYMER, MYRISTYL LAURATE, PHYTANTRIOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, POLYSORBATE 20, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SORBITAN LAURATE, MYRISTYL ALCOHOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE, GLYCINE, CARBOMER, HYDROXYPROLINE, PROLINE, SODIUM CARBOMER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL

I do not understand the others reviews in my age group. I really like this cream, it seems to be doing a great job on my face. I do get some shine, don't know if that is the BB foundation or the face cream. Never, ever was shiny before. In face, was pretty dry and flaky looking. Temped to try the BB Overnight cream, maybe today. I am also tempted to go back to MAC foundation and not use the BB that I have. But, I have not decided yet.
Back to the Hydrating Face Cream. I really like it and will repurchase when my jar is gone. Would be nice if it were in a pump or tube. The glass jars look nice that the BB products come in, but are very, very hard to travel with and are not as sanitary as they could be.

8-24-2009: okay, so I must really like this stuff, I have purchased another jar. Yep, still in a jar. I just love the way my skin looks and feels when I use it. It almost lasted 3 months, but for most of that time I was using it day and night. I have now started using BB Overnight Cream, so I expect this jar to last longer.

8-2010... Bobbi Brown has changed all there Hydrating line of face products. I have not purchased the new one of this yet, but I do have the one for night time use. So far so good with that.

I tried this face cream thinking it would be great since its the all famed bobbi brown and I wasn't too impressed with it. Just a dab will do when putting it on but it seems a bit sticky and takes a while to soak into the skin. However once it soaked in, my skin felt very nice for a little while. It didnt stay feeling that nice for long though. Then the next day when I woke up I had a couple pimples so my skin didnt think too much of it either.

Feels nice and moisurizing...for a few minutes, but then feels a bit irritating and possible breakouts. Makes my eyes irritated and start watering/crying almost instantly. really wanted to love this because of Bobbi's philosophy and beautiful packaging and beautiful cosmetics counter girl who recommended, but am going to go return now and get my $50 back. Tootles.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i am on my second jar of this cream. i started using this cream when my skin became super dry and reactuve. this cream has calmed my skin and has solved the dehydration i was experiencing. great light smell. i apply it quite generously as it isn't super rich. strongly recommended.

I'm confused with this product. It feels wonderful going on, it makes my skin feel soft and I like the smell, but, I actually feel like my skin is dryer because of it. How is that possible? I feel like my cheeks always have a slight burn to them. My skin is dry and when she applied this at the counter, it felt so good, I was immediately sold but after a few days of using it I don't know what to think. I hate taking stuff back but I'm worried I might have to, $74.00 is too much to stuff in the back of my drawer.

Update: January 15th. I couldn't stand my face hurting any longer! I stopped using the face cream and went back to my other moisterizer, which isn't great but at least it doesn't burn. I returned it as well as the BB eye cream and toner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is terrible stuff! If you have sensitive skin, this will make it STING!!! It has lavender in it, which is quite overpowering smelling, and very irritating on the skin. I gave it away after using it once, Sorry, Bobbi. I love your stuff, but there is an exeption to every rule, ad this is it! :o( Avoid this product.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

BB is a master for makeup. Forget her skincare line!!!
I got this nmoisturizer wiht my las VBBpurchase of nakeup. So I wanted to give it a try... just because I saw the ingredients list is full of natural extracs & oils and I am a fan of natural stuff.
First bad surprise: it STINKS heavily.
For me, the bad scent of a cream is a deterrent ... I know that perfume causes allergies to many people, and BB decide to skip that, but there are MANY skincare brands that do not add fragrance to their stuff but they smell wonderful anyhow (See Sisley, they smell natural and the scent derives from the natural extracts they put in!).
Well, i decided to give it a try anyway.
First time: morning, used under my makeup (in this season a good foundation, quite hydrating, like La Mer or Lancome Renergie), but with the same skincare routine like everyday Result: after a few hours, my cheeks were dry and skin "pulling" and feeling uncomfortable.
Deduction: this moisturizer does not moisturizes enough.
Day two: tried it at night, after my night serums etc. (Skinceuticals Phtyto+, eye cream, Lancaster 365 DNA serum or Lancome Absolue or La Prairie Serum). Result: not enough moisture.
I had to apply another cream on top as my skin felt uncomfy. Gave this stuff two chances. Does not work.
Don't waste your time nor your money on it!

I LOVE BB. This is her first product that I would not repurchase. It is highly overpriced. I use almost ALL her products and have repurchased over and over again---not this. This is no better than lesser expensive face moisturizers and no sunscreen. I would not repurchase and would return if I could.

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] DIMETHICONE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] MYRISTYL MYRISTATE [] CETYL ALCOHOL [] ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/MYRISTIC/STEARIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] ALEURITES MOLUCCANA (KUKUI) SEED OIL [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] ALGAE EXTRACT [] CETYL PHOSPHATE [] POLYPERFLUOROMETHYLISOPROPYL ETHER [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] CAFFEINE [] ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM) [] RETINYL PALMITATE [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE) [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) [] CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL [] ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL [] HEXYLENE GLYCOL [] PEG-10 DIMETHICONE [] ACRYLAMIDES COPOLYMER [] LECITHIN [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] SORBITAN LAURATE [] PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARATE [] PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE [] POLYSORBATE 20 [] HOMOSALATE [] SODIUM CARBOMER [] DISODIUM EDTA [] PHENOXYETHANOL

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love BB's skincare line with the exception of this product. This cream actually made my face dry up more. It almost felt like I applied alcohol on my skin. No lie! The rest of her skincare products works wonders on my skin, but with this cream I noticed a negative difference immediately. If you are skeptical if this cream will work for you, I highly suggest getting and using a sample first.