October 21, 2014 | 1267 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer in Nutmeg

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2005 1:44:00 PM More reviews by scraps

!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!! I bought this b/c I have heard so many great reviews on these...The color is awesome..I love the shimmer b/c it is not
overkill shimmer!!! Feels awesome one and wears nicely...I may pick up some more colors......I will totally buy again!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2005 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow! This is so pretty! I was really expecting something called Nutmeg to be very brown, but this is really a lovely peachy shade with a hint of brown on my lips. The smell is nice...minty...and it tingles too. I am not too crazy about the packaging for these...I find the sticks to be too thin. I need something chunkier, but I will rebuy this pretty (and cheap) lip balm/stick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2005 4:05:00 PM More reviews by vain_brat

i LOVE lipgloss/balm/stick...ANY kind of lip product,especially if it has flavor,scent,shimmer,etc etc. i am so happy i bought this! I bought RAISIN and NUTMEG. They are both mint flavored and scented. NUTMEG is a nice light brownish-pink-shade on me altho i also see traces or coral or something orangey and this suits me fine because i like coral-y lipcolor. RAISIN appears a very sweet red on me, not overpowering,perfect for everyday wear or just to add a splash of color on my face. i love both of them and they are very portable (small size), very affordable (got it for $3.40/ea.). even my husband who is so finicky about my lipstuff because he likes kissing me but not getting gunk or tasting foul gunk on my lips (gunk is his word!), he loves these! im gonna go buy the other colors,except maybe for champagne because i saw it and i honestly dont think silvery pink would suit my warm coloring.
2 thumbs up for burt's bees lip shimmers!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2005 12:58:00 PM More reviews by danby4me

What a perfect neutral color.
Very natural looking with shimmer!
The texture is awesome too!
I have a warm-tone skin and it looks so good on me.
It's a great everyday lipbalm!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2005 11:04:00 AM More reviews by i_darling

Beautiful color, great product. You can't go wrong with this acquisition. A+++.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2005 5:25:00 PM More reviews by renemy

Oh my god, this is perfect. The color, the stick form (so much better than BB tins), the tingly feeling, and the SMELL! It smells like thin mints! I want to eat this up! This seems to turn out differently on everyone but on me, it's a shimmery pinky bronze, in the light to medium range. So far, it has not turned fuchsia on me. I am very warm and also fair (C3 in MAC).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2005 1:07:00 AM More reviews by caitlin_424

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product! Warm, rich color that smooths and stays on lips! Has tiny shimmer which makes this product even more fantastic! Can't get over how beautiful this color is--warm undertones of mauve; yet with lighter application you can have a soft rose with a hint of peach :D.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Lady_Polaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers are tinted lipbalms with lots of pigment and heavy minty scent, flavor and feel, packaged in a long slim lipbalm tube that attempts to match the color of the product inside. The strong minty feeling might be a bit too much for some, but I love it and now I'm addicted! It is a very moisturizing and slick product, and even plumps up my lips a little due to this. (Surprisingly, it's very longwearing.) The downside to this is it tends to migrate a lot on my lips, which is a complete disaster with the darker shades I have (Raisin, Coffee), but does not seem to be a problem at all with my lighter shade (Nutmeg).

Nutmeg is a drop-dead gorgeous medium bronze with pink tones and very finely milled golden bronze shimmer. The microshimmer doesn't translate into frost on the lips; it's glossy glaze instead, very juicy and flattering. I'm a warm LLL and it is a perfect shade on me, turning more and more pinkish on my lips over time. Still, it's a fairly neutral shade, not completely warm and bronze (it definitely has a pink tone to it), and I'm sure it would flatter most skintones. Lovely shade and lovely product, definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2005 9:37:00 PM More reviews by preppymrazlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Summery bronze shade on me. I love it for that nude look. Very sophisticated and polished. Love it. 100% natural, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2005 1:50:00 PM More reviews by miss_mae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shade is not bronze on me, so much as a pale, shimmery peach. It is actually a bit paler than my lips. Usually pale lipsticks and glosses are a disaster for me, but "Nutmeg" looks great! It brings out the glow in my CCC complection, and it looks great as a "natural" look, or as a counterpoint to smokey black-rimmed eyes. The shimmer is pleasant, the color is greater than a gloss but less than a lipstick. Overall, this is my favorite of the Lip Shimers line.