October 24, 2014 | 1722 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Active Hydrating Cream - Original

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by sammy57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had run out of moisturizer and was waiting for my "pricier" moisturizer to arrive in the mail. I saw this in the drugstore and thought I'd give it a try because it was so inexpensive. I am very pleasantly surprised at how much I really like this cream. In fact, I'm using this now instead of the more expensive one!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by PhoForever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think its a good moisturizer. It makes my face very supple and has a fresh look to it. The scent is sort of like baby lotion, but its occasionally a little strong. Even though I dislike pink, it kind of grew on me (well only this product). Since I do have acne prone skin on some days/ months, I need a good moisturizer to keep it fresh the whole day. I been using this for quite a while, and I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon. Beside it is cheap price =]

Good luck Everyone

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was an unexpected disappointment. For one, it is not hydrating at all. There is nothing "active" about it and you would think that because it has mineral oil in it, it would do something at least. No, it does nothing. My skin is incredibly dry with it. Oh and it's LOADED with cones... it just leaves skin feeling unnaturally smooth. And you can even tell it's loaded when you apply it. And it slightly breaks me out too, which is rare. To top it off, it is EXTREMELY fragranced. I can take mostly anything, but this really pushes the envelope. It is a mix of overly feminine, hotel, and soap. And it is just so strong! And it lingers too.

So, what do we have here? A non-hydrating cream loaded with cones that breaks me out and smells ridiculous. 1 lip.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this moisturizer all through my college years as a night cream when I was financially challenged and it was a good and inexpensive moisturizer but for some odd reason it stop working for me, so I moved on to other moisturizers.

However, if you are in the market for a good quality and inexpensive facial moisturizer you may want to consider this product as a viable option.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Anna1985

I have used this cream on and off for years although I think now is a good time to just realize that this is a staple. I only use this at night (need SPF during the day) and find that it is a great cream to keep my skin supple and moisturized in any season. I like the nostalgic scent and the pink color has grown on me -- I will always love this cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by xomeggiepoo

I'm not quite sure what I think of this. It works fine but is a little thick, even though I usually hate the scent though, it's not stinky, but it totally reminds me of an old lady hehe

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 5:46:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My dry skin loves this cream. It moisturizes without irritating the extremely sensitive aspects of my skin. It's smooth, creamy (wonder why!), and the scent is not overpowering at all. It absorbs quickly, which is most appreciated, and as I said, it moisturizes very well. It's very good for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this after reading the good reviews here. I guess I'm just adding to the already good reviews right now :) It's a good moisturiser, absorbs quickly and doesn't get too greasy. I have combination skin and use this only around the dry areas of my face. Cons: it doesn't work for flaky areas. And the smell while pleasant is strong and highly noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by ias23

i saw this on sale at walmart so i decided to try it on.. i got the olay night moisturizer, i feel my face so soft every morning, it really helps my dry skin turn into dry patches- free especially in winter.. it is a bit greasy at first application but after a min or two you will see the effect that the cream absorbs into your skin, and i think this is how effective it is.. plus this one didnt cause me any breakouts or irritations like the serum version of olay.. im so glad i tried it on!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by DwFaN1234

A few years ago I saw this at my local target and I decided to test it out. The first time I put it on my face I immediately notice the rosey fragrance. Personally I think it's a really soothing scent, even though some people might not like it. After a week of use my skin was soft and supple and all of my dry patches were gone. This was actually one of the very few moisturizers that I would finish, because some moisturizers don't really do the job for me so I give up on them. But this moisturizer is perfect :)