MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

on 4/30/2012 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hey everyone! ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE lipstick for brides. I am BOOKED for weddings, and no matter how many colors I own, I always end up reaching for this. I add some MAC clear gloss over top (if they want) and we're good to go. Perfect everyday color too.

on 3/29/2012 2:13:00 PM

Love this lipstick for every day! The perfect pink, with a hint of shimmer!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My very first MAC lipstick! I bought it because the MUA suggested it when I asked for a nude that would work with my coloring (NC25). While it wasn't the kind of nude I had in mind, it is a lovely neutral MLBB shade that makes my lips look full and lush. You can see large glitter particles in the tube, but they never seem obvious after I've actually applied it. I did knock a point off because the formula tends to dry my lips out, it needs a balm under or a light gloss over top.

I think of it as my "interview" lipstick - not showy or sexy on its own, but a perfect finishing touch for a put-together, professional look. For that reason, I will always have a tube around.

on 3/19/2012 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a very good lipstick if you are looking for a natural lip colour. This is the "my lips but better" look with a shine on. In my opinion, Viva Glam V and Viva Glam Cyndi are the best VG lipsticks of all. VG V is even more moisturising than Cyndi and it lasts for ages.

on 3/17/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The MAC artist suggested this shade to me when I requested a MLBB shade. I have very pigmented lips so finding a 'natural' looking colour is difficult as everything ends up being intensified. My lips are almost a mauvy-berry colour to start.

Although this shade looks great in the tube, it just doesn't do anything for me unless I tone down my natural lips with foundation. The wear on this goes from 8 am til around 12 noon, and it feels good on my lips, but the colour just doesn't do it for me. I'm a soft summer (think Anjolina or Jennifer Aniston) and I think this WOULD look great on me if my lips were a bit paler.

I love the smell of MAC lippies. Slight vanilla scent.

Back to the drawing board.

on 3/17/2012 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

MAC's Viva Glam is such a fabulous campaign. I was thrilled to find a shade of Viva Glam lipstick that I could wear. Some of the other shades are very strong and not for me. Viva Glam V is perfect. A "neutral pink with pearl" it is listed as a lustre and has a soft shine to it. So lovely.

on 3/1/2012 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up because I needed an everyday type lipstick. It works well for what it is. Its flattering, not overly drying and has decent staying power.

Its not mindblowing or extremely original - but I do reach for it a good bit.

on 2/28/2012 8:30:00 AM

I saw swatches of this lipstick online and I bought it a few days ago. It looked great in the tube but on me it was not so great at all. Nice formula, non-drying, but the color... it reminds me of a L'Oreal lipstick that I wore in junior high. Desert something. It just does NOT look good on my light coloring. It's a pinky mauve but it looks clownish on me. I've seen other people look awesome with this lipstick, but they have a more olive coloring. I don't know what shade I am in MAC foundation but I'm Sand Beige in Revlon Colorstay, Perfect Praline in Givenchy Photo Perfexion, and Halo in Urban Decay TM. I wonder if MAC will let me return it.

on 2/26/2012 6:46:00 AM

too glittery and mauv-y brownish on me... i swatched it on my arm and i liked it but on me it is way too mauve -brown for my taste..
if you dont like hug me, you wont like this as well, i have both and they look pretty much the same though viva glam v is too glittery..

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This was the very first lipstick shade that I purchased from MAC, and I've probably repurchased the lipglass close to four or five times now! This lipstick is a universally flattering shade, and it's definitely a 'my lips but better' shade and definitely a 'holy grail' product. Whenever I wear this lipstick, along with cork lip pencil and the Viva Glam V lipglass, women of all races/ages ask me to write down the information on what I'm wearing on my lips! It's a lovely marriage of nude/pink/blush/brown. It's basically my default lipstick whenever I have no idea what to wear on my lips, and it always looks fantastic with any color smokey eye. The best part is that the 100% of proceeds go towards HIV/AIDS research and awareness funding!

Recommended for Medium Skin