MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

on 3/17/2012 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

MAC's Viva Glam is such a fabulous campaign. I was thrilled to find a shade of Viva Glam lipstick that I could wear. Some of the other shades are very strong and not for me. Viva Glam V is perfect. A "neutral pink with pearl" it is listed as a lustre and has a soft shine to it. So lovely.

on 3/1/2012 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up because I needed an everyday type lipstick. It works well for what it is. Its flattering, not overly drying and has decent staying power.

Its not mindblowing or extremely original - but I do reach for it a good bit.

on 2/28/2012 8:30:00 AM

I saw swatches of this lipstick online and I bought it a few days ago. It looked great in the tube but on me it was not so great at all. Nice formula, non-drying, but the color... it reminds me of a L'Oreal lipstick that I wore in junior high. Desert something. It just does NOT look good on my light coloring. It's a pinky mauve but it looks clownish on me. I've seen other people look awesome with this lipstick, but they have a more olive coloring. I don't know what shade I am in MAC foundation but I'm Sand Beige in Revlon Colorstay, Perfect Praline in Givenchy Photo Perfexion, and Halo in Urban Decay TM. I wonder if MAC will let me return it.

on 2/26/2012 6:46:00 AM

too glittery and mauv-y brownish on me... i swatched it on my arm and i liked it but on me it is way too mauve -brown for my taste..
if you dont like hug me, you wont like this as well, i have both and they look pretty much the same though viva glam v is too glittery..

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This was the very first lipstick shade that I purchased from MAC, and I've probably repurchased the lipglass close to four or five times now! This lipstick is a universally flattering shade, and it's definitely a 'my lips but better' shade and definitely a 'holy grail' product. Whenever I wear this lipstick, along with cork lip pencil and the Viva Glam V lipglass, women of all races/ages ask me to write down the information on what I'm wearing on my lips! It's a lovely marriage of nude/pink/blush/brown. It's basically my default lipstick whenever I have no idea what to wear on my lips, and it always looks fantastic with any color smokey eye. The best part is that the 100% of proceeds go towards HIV/AIDS research and awareness funding!

on 2/19/2012 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Color was decent but finish was soooo pearly/frosty. It barely shoed up on my non pigmented lips and the glitter was left after 30 minutes of wear. Boooo!

on 2/3/2012 10:46:00 AM

I bought this the other night as a close enough dupe to one of my all time favorite lipsticks, Mellow Mood as I was running low on that one and it is limited edition, so I don't have any backups.

Under the store lighting the two looked identical swatched on my hand and lips but as I swatched them again under natural light the next day I noticed that Viva Glam V is much lighter than MM.

But since the two are so close in color I will stick with VGV. The formula is a lustre which I love. It's a bit more moisturizing than M.A.C'S other lipsticks which is nice. Plus the sales of Viva Glam lipsticks go to a good cause so all around it's pretty good :)

on 1/26/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This lipstick looks so hedious on me simply because the finish on this lipstick is TOO FROSTY/METALLIC LOOKING, YUCK. I have many Mac lustre's but none look like this at all. As for the color it is nothing to write home about. Pink mauve that pulls more mauve than pink on me at least but the frost on this is a killer!. I get embarassed wearing it.
On the good note it is for a good cause (Breast Cancer for women) so I did buy for that reason alone. But I donot like wearing this lipstick at all.
If you do want to try the Viva Glam V lipgloss as the color and the finish is very nice of it.

on 1/23/2012 8:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This lippie has been recommended to me time and time again, so I finally purchased it. I had also tried it in the MAC store several times, but thought it was too boring to shell out the money for. But now that I've worn it at home, I do like it. It's a pretty standard shimmery nude, but not too metallic or gritty. It's not anything out of the ordinary or mind-blowing, but I do reach for it a lot. It's versatile and easy to wear with a variety of looks.

on 1/10/2012 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

So Viva Glam V, is, next to 3-D, one of my stapler colors ever since 2 months ago. It's... wow, wow. Like other people have commented here, it's a lovely MLBB shade, doesn't leave my lips too milky (something risky on a NC37 skintone... it took me a while to realize that, I thought I was NW30 before haha) and it stays comfortably put for a long time, even though I tend to reapply. I am definitely going to have this again, plus thinking that this is part of the MAC Viva Glam collection makes me even happier!!!

Popular Lipsticks