October 23, 2014 | 1639 users online

Blush - NARS - Gilda

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by graceholliwell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a huge NARS fan and Gilda is one of my favourite products. Looks heavy at first but on my skin it's a beautiful corally-pink and you only need the tiniest amount so yes, it's expensive, but it lasts a seriously long time! I also think the packaging is beautiful, simplistic and hardy - I've never had a NARS product shatter like so many bronzers and blushers do with every day use. It's my HG and I couldn't ask for a better product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by FeliciaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't remember if I have already reviewed this or not, but if I have oh well because I love this! I have been using this for about a year now, and I haven't hit pan! You don't need much, it is a very pigmented peachy-pink color. Perfect color for my NC37 skintone, it gives me the "glow" and really just brightens up my face. I also have MAC peaches, which is also a matte peachy blush, and compared to that, the NARS is just a bit darker/redder or pinker, while MAC peaches is more lighter orangey-er. Both look similar when it on my face, but the NARS shows up a TAD darker/pinker on my skin compared to the MAC peaches which is a more true peach. I think this blush is worth every penny! I have been using this for so long!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

Can I just go ahead and say that NARS blushes will never fail me? I just got this in a swap and I cannot believe that I didn't own this before. It's what I wanted every peach blush I've ever owned to be. In the pan, Gilda is a matte pinky-peach that actually looks kind of ho-hum. When I first opened it I was a little disappointed even, because it looked sooo boring (I'm used to being captivated by all the shimmers and multi-dimensions of Orgasm, I think). However, when I put it on, the results were outstanding. Let's first discuss the texture. It's a bit more powdery then Orgasm and other NARS blushes I have, I think mostly because there is little to no shimmer. However, when you dip your brush into the pan there's no flying of powder anywhere, which shows that it's finely milled and pressed well. It's highly pigmented, so I don't really do anything but gently dab my blush brush into the blush. I then dab the color gently on the apples of my cheeks buff it out towards my temples. The result is a beautiful, smooth, GLOWLY peach color that isn't too pink, peach, coral or orange, but a PERFECT combo of all those lovely colors that alone might look garish. For the first time I feel like I have that Kim Kardashian no-undereye-circles-contoured-glowly-perfect-face-structure-look. I highly recommend this lovely blush. A couple more days of use and if it doesn't break me out (NARS blushes never have) I'm gonna have to deem this an HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by tcw99988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my all time favorite peach blush! It last all day on my skin, and it doesn't make my face too dirty. For peach blush, it usually make me look sick because i have a yellow undertone skin (NC 30), but with this, it makes me look really healthy all day long. I will not buy this again because it will last me a long time unless i lost it then i will for sure purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by clulessj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

if your looking for coral look no further, its amaaaazing. I looooove nars blushes! gilda is the perfect coral colour for asain skin tones. I'm NC30 and it looks fantastic on me. I prefer matte blushes to sparkly ones. Orgasm is the only Nars blush that I dislike because I think that Mac springsheen has got it beat. I'm not a fan of sparkle. and springsheen is the only Mac blush that I prefer over Nars blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

HG blush for me!!!! I never ever wear blush I feel like it just doesn't look that great on my skin (NC45 with a bit of redness on my cheeks even when I'm tan), I've tried all kinds of different shades of blush and none I find look great. Recently i started branching out from just bronzers and into peachy bronze blushes since summer is coming! Well I heard about Nars Gina and that it was a great summer blush so i figured I'd give it a shot. When i got to the Nars counter i noticed it was a bit to pink for me, so the SA suggested Gilda, she applied it and WOW!!! I never thought a blush could look so good, I couldn't help but look at myself in the mirror throughout the day, I have been wearing this blush ever since, great matte blush, great staying power, great color, just wonderful! If you guys are around a Nars counter check out this blush its worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ? peach blushes in general, and I ? this one especially because I don't see any garish orange or bronze in the undertones and that is just perfect for me. And because it's matte, it gives me that peachy pink glow to my face without accentuating my pores.

Since on my NC35 face it is almost identical to a few of the other peach blushes I own (and also ?), I thought I'd do a quick comparison between Gilda and them so that it may help someone make a decision:

Bobbi Brown Coral Shimmer Blush. Coral is more pink than peach on my face when compared to Gilda although when I put Coral on one cheek and Gilda on the other you could hardly be able to tell the difference. Come close enough and only then will you be able to see that Coral has a fine wash of shimmer but that is all.

MAC Superdupernatural. Swatched on my arm Superdupernatural has some brown, whereas Gilda is a truer peach. On my face, since Gilda has no shimmer whatsoever, it enhances my cheeks by way of making them appear contoured instead of highlighted (as in puffed out IYKWIM. hard to describe sorry).

Chanel Joues Contraste in 55 In Love. This has the finest texture of all four IMO, but is also the least pigmented (sheer), but since it is (as someone said) fairy dust I can layer on and not face the danger of looking chalky. In Love is the Gilda I would use for evening events, or I would use it over Gilda as a subtle highlighter.

In summary:

In terms of colour Gilda is the peachiest (or should I say truest peach) - it is less pink than Coral and In Love JC, and has no brown, unlike Superdupernatural, which does. Gilda is alo the most pigmented. You don't need many swipes to make it show on my medium toned skin. In fact, a tap is all you need.

Texture-wise Gilda is matte, but it may help to know that out of the other three, in the order of 'shimmeriness' (LOL) Superdupernatural ranks #1 followed by In Love and then Coral (shimmer really doesn't show that much)

In terms of wear Gilda lasts the longest, followed by In Love. The other two last about the same on my oily cheeks.

In short, Gilda is one of my absolute best blushes definitely and the perfect daytime blush for me.

Edited to add pic (clockwise L-R: Coral, Gilda, In Love, Superdupernatural) Sorry for the bad phone camera pic LOL

continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by sweetpeas2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my absoloute favourite Nars blush. I love the matte finish and color: it has just the right balance of Peach and Pink. Highly pigmented as with all Nars blushes and stays on all day. I absolutely love Nars blushes and would replenish it any day but I doubt it'll hit the pan anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I am so in love with the color of Gilda I could just sit and stare at it all day long. It's definitely that orange creamsicle color, as it was described below, but don't let that frighten you - on the cheeks, it delivers as a gorgeous, true peach. My NC25 skin loves this color - it gives me a very healthy glow, even though it's matte. As with all Nars blushes, it's quite pigmented, so a little does go a long way; I apply it with either my MAC 129 or 187 and blend, blend, blend. I love looking lit from within, and this product definitely accomplishes that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by IslandLover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As always, NARS makes quality products with amazing pigmentation. Gilda looks a little off-putting in the pot but once you apply it to your cheeks, it looks fantastic. It's a matte color and looks like a creamsicle orange in the pan but it looks like a natural flush of peach on my cheeks. I love the way it warms up my NC42 skin. I especially enjoy wearing browns & dark greens or khaki colors & adding this to my cheeks. It compliments the look very well. It lasts all day on my oily skin & doesn't require a touch-up. It's extremely pigmented so a little will go a long way. Definitely swatch it if you can. The color is very pretty but you can get similar results from almost any brand out there from MAC to the drugstore as it does seem to be a dupable color. But I'll keep coming back to this one because of the quality & lasting-power. I adore Nars!