November 21, 2014 | 1774 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Eye Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a highly emollient hydrating eye cream...I was drawn to it because it has avovado oil listed as an ingredient (I love Kiehls Creamy Avocado Eye Cream). This provides little to no hydration. I use it over a thin layer of the Kiehls for added moisture when my undereye area is especially dry, but alone, I notice no effect.
Also, I do not know why this is listed as an eye primer, because it does not work as such. I do like Bobbi Brown eyeshadows and foundation (Oil-Free Compact Foundation), but I have yet to be impressed by her line of skin care.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by DottySarah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

NC42 MAC/ Honey in Bobbi Brown Indian Asian skin.

I have used the samples i got and its great for applying under eye before using concealer. Gives a good creamy base. Find it too expensive to buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by 245am

my cousin freelances for bobbi brown and gave me a deluxe sample of this eye cream as part of my christmas present. i really wanted to like it but alas, it gave me those little white bumps under my eyes, so it's just sitting on my vanity. i may give it to my mom. it's a nice white colored textured cream that doesn't have too much "slip" to it but it's not heavy like a cream. i couldn't detect any sort of scent from it. i'm sure it works well for some people but i am not one of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is ridiculously expensive for what it is - but it works. I dont like the glass (hard to transport) or dip your finger in daily method..I like tubes as someone always doing their makeup on the go and I like nonbreakable stuff...

I am not a huge eye cream person (thought people tell me I should use it) so can't comment but I like it - it does make concealer go on quicker- which is why I bought it. I like that I can use at night as well since it has no extra stuff (spf, caffeine). Its nice - but I would have to try some other cheaper brands before I was convinced it was anything special...

I just got the origins ginzing as a sample so I am going to compare the 2. Maybe that for day and BB for night..

I will say -if you are good taking only what you need - it will last a a very long time

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by susanwylie67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fantastic eye cream. This cream leaves a perfectly smooth supple eye area prepped and ready for makeup application. My concealor looks so much smoother and natural, and wears better with this cream to cling to.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this because it delivers lasting hydration that other eye creams have failed to do. and i mean throughout the entire day. I spend long hours wearing contacts in a heavily air conditioned office and at the end of the day my undereyes were so dry they stinged! but as soon as i starting using this daily, it has restored the delicate skin under my eyes, making me look well rested and protected. right till i get home, my eyes feel like i just put the cream on and my concealer and makeup glides over it beautifully, preventing any nasty cakiness. i thought the initial price was expensive but you only need to use the most miniscule amount, a jar has lasted me about 6 months used 2x daily. i also love how easily absorbed and light the cream is.

i only started getting small wrinkles under my eye when i failed to protect them so i highly recommend this product as the key to preventing wrinkles due to the lasting moisture. this is what makes it a great first eye cream to try as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by millay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Seduced by Bobbi's wonderful books, I signed up for a makeup session. The gal insisted I had dry skin and needed to be "dewey" as she was. [My dermatologist has never told me I have dry skin and it's never itchy or flaking]. I DO have senstive skin and can tell at once if something is going to bother me, it literally burns. she put on the hydrating eye cream which immediately burned and tingled. On top of this went the very gloppy concealer which only emphasized puffs and lines. I have no dark circles and I never use concealer as I think it emphasizes puffs, and it sure did. My makeup base is enough to even out that area. I felt as if I wanted to scrape all of it off and splash cool water on my face.

On my eye lids, a gloppy cream base which also collected in the folds and furrows my long interesting life have given me. I have small eyes and short eyelashes so I work hard on eye makeup and frankly mine looks better when I do it. Then of course she had to treat my "dry skin" and slathered on another cream which burned even more and turned my face red. Wiping that off, she applied the liquid foundation which felt very oily to me although she claimed no oil is in it. I bought it because I felt sorry for her but threw it away after it made my cheeks break out.

As I have had problems with milia, I did not want the cleansing oil, and took instead the foaming cleanser. Wow, this was the worst of all. I used it once at home, and got what felt like a bad windburn. my cheeks even scaled over (Yep NOW I have dry skin!) for a few days. I cured it with my Aveeno sensitive skin moisturizer (I DO use moisturizer). I have learned my lesson for makeovers.

I do love Bobbi's brushes and eye makeup and colors. I have a couple of her lipsticks I like although too heavily scented. Didn't know until later that she's owned by Estee Lauder, all of those skin products are too harsh for me.

I recommend the book 'Don't go to the Cosmetic Counter without me".

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Luckily I received this product as a sample to use due to past experiences from impulse purchasing, only to find the product clashing with my skin. The SA was very helpful said this was very hydrating. First of all, I didn't find it all that hydrating at all. I have sensitive skin & have phobia of getting the little bumps under my eye from other products. This eye cream was nice for the first 2 days, on the 3rd day, my skin was protesting against it. It started to make my skin sting, red & peel :( Took me a week to get it back to normal again with my usual eye cream. It was a horrible week, my eyeshadows couldn't go on my eyelids properly, it was itchy & I felt so self conscious.I would definitely say it's a NO for sensitive skin type AND it's too pricey. The scent is not all the pleasant either, it doesn't have a heavy scent to it, but it just didn't smell right to me.
I am very glad I got a sample to try it out first.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff has given me a spot underneath one eye! Not milia, but an actual spot! I have never had a spot on my undereye area before. The formulation is far too heavy for an eye cream - heavy formulas will apparently cause wrinkles to form around the eye as they drag the skin down. Thank goodness this was a sample, and I didn't spend any money on it. Come back All About Eyes, all is forgiven!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by vivingy

i had very high expectations for this. my l'occitane shea butter eye cream which i wear under my concealer gave me creases, so i bought bobbi brown's hydrating eye cream to see if it will be better. to be very honest, i liked this a lot the first time i used it, cus it did make my eye wrinkles seem less obvious. but after using it for a few days, it gave me a tiny tiny bumps or two on my eye area,, i stopped using it for a few days and it went away. but a good thing about this eye cream is that it has a build-in primer, so eye shadows + my brow bone highlights stayed on longer. but the feelings about this eye cream is too mixed for me to buy this again