July 24, 2014 | 1907 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Just a liquid moisturizer, with an ever so slight brightening effect. I can mix my regular moisturizer with a few drops of highlighter and get the same effect.
For my dry skin, it is not moisturizing enough as I often I need to replenish after 3-4 hours, depending on the weather.
Nothing to write home about.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by zoegirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

You gotta have this!!
Perfect for lighting areas in your face - under eyes, over lips, over cheeks etc. Or all over face.
Co-workers said I looked so Fresh, the first day I had it on at job. And it does that -makes you look fresh!
Under makeup or over bare face.
Perfect for photos.
Non-clogging.
I have sensitive skin - And my skin love it.
Okay scent.
Perfect for both NC and NW.
A bottle last a very long time.
Use fingers to apply or brush 242 or 188

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite secret weapons. When my skin is looking less than luminous, I can apply this under my foundation, mix it in with my foundation, and/or pat it on top of my foundation depending on the "oomph" my skin needs. It hasn't broken me out, and the amount of product you get is refreshingly impressive. I think the scent it nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by strobegirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ahhhh this is the MAC product to end all MAC products. I use this as a highlighter, pick me up and not as a daily moisturizer.
It will be amazing IF you know how to use it. This is a great highlighter that is only rivalled by YSL's touché éclat and Clarins's Flash Beauty Balm. When you use it experiment with what works best for you.
I put a bit on the back of my hand and add a very thin layer all over my face, avoiding my T zone, I will then put my foundation on and using a flat foundation brush with only a little bit of the product I will pat the Strobe cream over my cheekbones, brow bones and a little around the edges of my face. I will then apply my powder highlighter, bronzer, bit more highlighter and the blush.
When applying the best thing to do is use a flat foundation brush and pat it into the skin.
My favourite foundation to pair this with a nice thin one a la MAC's Face and Body.
I love that it has not colour or noticeable tacky shine or glitter. It can be used on ANY skin tone.
I love MAC's strobe cream and would recommend it to anybody, even if you have oily skin. Take care of the oil with your skincare, a good mattifying primer, oil free foundation with oil controling properties and then powder if you still need it. Good luck!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Jerena

I never buy highlighters because i have a combo skin and i don't need extra shine on my face, but now its winter and i realized that that's the time when the extra shine will make my face look more alive and natural. Strobe cream gives very natural and glowy finish BUT it just disappears on the skin after about 15 minutes. I use moisturizing cream first than BB cream and use strobe cream as a highlighter on cheekbones, but as i said it disappears very fast. Tried to mix it with my foundation no results whatsoever! I'm still going to use it i only paid 10$ for 30ml. but it wasn't what i expected. I also talked to a mac makeup artist and she said its a very good cream, i admit it might work wonderfully for some people you definitely need to try it, it just depends on what are you going to use it for. I recommend to get a small size first or just to get the sample. Now i'm thinking to buy a Hush cream color base just for the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by awibanez

Very good product, except it could be cheaper. I leaned along the way that i need to avoid putting this on my forehead as it makes me shiny later on. i like it still though, gives the rest of my face a glowy look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by easturner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product so much. During the summer, I mix it with my body cream and spread it on my legs, arms, and decolletage when I go out at night. For a glowy makeup look, I love mixing a tiny bit with my facial moisturizer. The effect is gorgeous!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would give this a 3.5. One bottle was enough for me to try this. The Strobe Cream does not have a loud pink shine (compared to the Strobe Liquid). However, I felt that the cream's texture makes me break out. The antioxidant in this is great. I would prefer a something with a lighter texture that suits my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Naughtymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are several ways to use this moisturiser, each way you'll receive an iridescent, luminous glow as promised by mac.

I like to mix it in with my tinted moisturiser/foundation to thin my coverage out, whilst simultaneously achieving a natural radiance to my skin.

Another effective way to use this product is to apply a small amount to the tops of the cheekbones for a sheer highlighter effect.

Worn on bare skin with a translucent finishing powder and concealer under eyes, a natural bare 'skin' look can be achieved with a soft glow.

Of course the most popular way to wear this moisturiser is in replace of your normal moisturiser with your foundation of choice on top. Note: the sheerer in coverage the more this creams luminously will shine though.

Don't forget, this cream is packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and is commonly known as an 'instant wake up call', so when you're having those tired and dull days, this is the cream to reach for.

I only use this for special occasions due to its price tag and small amount, but I love the effects I get from it. It works for all ages and ethnicities too, and if you've found it too heavy for your skin, use the lighter version strobe liquid!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure whether this works for me or not. I sampled Strobe Liquid for days and loved it, but I bought the cream version because of the skincare ingredients. I like the texture and look of this product (though I prefer the lotion), but I think the Strobe Cream adds too much moisture to my skin in addition to my sunscreen. My skin is normally clear, but after using Strobe Cream for a few weeks, I feel it became more congested and breakout-prone, causing me to have to wear more makeup, which I wasn't happy about. I've stopped using the Strobe Cream for right now and may try it again to see how it works out when the weather is drier and colder.