September 1, 2014 | 969 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Naked Lunch

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Murais

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A pale, quite shimmery salmon-pink. Not as frosty as Phloof, but in the same color family. It works decently as a lid color and highlighter for me, although my warmer coloring prefers Ricepaper overall. Still, I've hit pan on Naked Lunch, mostly due to my Scrooge like desire not to waste it, combined with its really hard texture making it impossible to just swipe the brush over it. I have to dig and sweep, back and forth forever just to get enough onto my brush and hence onto my lids. Thus the 3 star rating. I've never met a harder eyeshadow. In fact, I wish some of my ex-bfs.....oh, never mind.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I way prefer Stila Kitten. I *like* a shimmery product.. I just got it so I will try not to judge too hard. I live in the sticks now so there's no MAC counter until Savannah which is 1 hour almost 1/2 away. I ordered it from Nordstrom they are like Sephora they take back anything. Sigh

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by yfiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall Rating: 4
Price [Value]: 4
Packaging Quality: 5
Would you buy this product again? Maybe

This eyeshadow is very nice and neutral.
its a light, champagne peachy pink with a subtle sheen ,it blends well, goes on smoothly.
it seems really plain but great for a basic daywear look and can also be good for night.

and can also use this as a highlighter.i find it makes my eyes look more awake

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by dunkv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just too pink for me! and a tad too frosty. Sometimes i've used it near the duct for a slight brightening effect , i think it may work better on a pink under-toned skin or somebody a bit fairer then myself .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Naked Lunch is sort of a champagne colored shimmery shadow. I am no MAC eyeshadow expert, I only own two and this is one of them. The formula is not very pigmented and sorta "floofy"-ie if you try to get any decent amount in your brush, it just becomes a fluffy powdery floofy cloud of dust. I originally was looking for that basic neutral wash/highlight from this product. It is "ok" but not "wow". Though having lunch naked sounds a bit more interesting than this shadow. Leans a little on the pink side. So at the bottom line, I will continue to eat lunch fully clothed and rely on other products/colors for a wash/highlight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Naked Lunch is a salmony golden nude with pale shimmering pink running through it. to me, this is basically bang in the middle between 'All that glitters' and 'Phloof!'. so if you have those two colours, you could even skip this and just blend them together to get the exact same shade! but if you are a make-up obsessive like me, it's a different story!
this is not bright enough for me for an inner corner highlight, but yet too light for me as a solo lid colour. so i like to blend this on the lid with colours like 'Coquette' and 'Swiss Chocolate'. what i noticed straight away with Naked Lunch, is that if i apply it from lid to right under my eyebrow, no matter how many other eyeshadows i later blend into my crease, lid, outer corner etc., it still remains seen, and just basically makes the whole finished look really glow. this is what i think sets this apart from other shimmery neutral shades. it never disappears.
i would buy again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by starrysim

I'm not sure why Naked Lunch is such a popular shade. It's not a particularly unique colour, and the texture isn't outstanding either. I use it to blend my shadow into my brow bone, and as a highlight on the brow bone. It has a harder texture, which means I can't use it as an inner corner highlight because it doesn't show up well, but it also means that it's great for a brow bone highlight because it's never harsh or frosty. I never use it as a lid shade, I just can't pick up enough or get it show up as anything much (I'm NW20). I don't think it's a must-have shadow, but I can see how it can become a staple for some people.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Dlm67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a huge fan. Heard soooo much about this from YouTube, but its not all that. I like the color, however, I have trouble getting my brush to pick up any of this color (verry hard texture...?) Think i will try to get my hands on similar shades with a more creamy texture (so far i <3 verve fro UD)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by caseyleighokay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although I was expecting more of a champagne pink like UD's Sin, I was still extremely happy with MAC's Naked Lunch. This can be used either as a brow highlight or an overall lid color with great results. It's a sheer yet pigmented color that brings out a great natural eye. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by MyCuppaTea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful eyeshadow that almost anyone can wear. I am NW20, and this color looks lovely on my lids. For day to day wear, I usually apply the Painterly Paint Pot on my eyelid all the way up to my eyebrow. I then use Naked Lunch on my lid and then Wedge in the crease. This creates a nice, neutral look for daytime. Sometimes I highlight the inner corners and browbone with the browbone color from Wet n Wild's Walking On Eggshells palette. Quick, easy, and lovely on just about anyone. Unfortunately, MAC's shadow prices are a bit high, so I probably won't repurchase. Especially since I've found some great dupes in Wet n Wild and a few other brands. Still, this is a lovely eyeshadow!