MAC Frost - Naked Lunch

4.4

Talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, isostearyl neontanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, [ /- silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride

I have been wanting to buy Naked Lunch for about a year but I kept seeing reviews saying that it is very similar to Jest, which I already had, and that it's not worth purchasing both. I could not disagree more. I am a bit of a MAC addict but I definitely think that they are different enough to justify owning both. Jest is more pink/peachy and it gives a different effect. Because Naked Lunch is pretty close to my skintone (NC20) it shows up as a nudey-beige with gorgeous shimmer that almost looks wet. So, if you are an addict like myself I think that is definitely worth purchasing both if you already have Jest, but if you are on a budget and have to choose just one, I would choose Naked Lunch! My favorite way to wear it is as a wash with Era or Cork in the crease, and a little Vanilla to highlight. I typically don't like shimmer in my highlights but this could be the one exception. It isn't light enough to be worn as a highlight by itself on my complexion, which is why I add the Vanilla. I can't say enough good things about this eyeshadow and I highly recommend! Also, I did not have any texture issues that many other people have mentioned. I have recently made a "Guide to MAC Highlight Eyeshadows" if you would like to check it out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

A simple, yet very pretty eyeshadow by MAC. Described as a pink champagne frost, it is the exact color of my fair skin tone, so I really like to wear this as an all over color for a natural look. It is very shimmery, which for me can go on either beautifully or patch-y. Very pigmented and a little goes a long way - I really only need a swipe or two of this on my brush and voila! Instant glam!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow, I've repurchased it numerous times. It's a great colour for all over the eye or as a highlight in the inner corners. I love it with Tempting or Satin Taupe but it looks great with all browns and greys really, sooo versatile! My favourite thing to do with it is put it all over the lid, on top of Painterly paint pot with some black liner; really simple but striking.

Naked Lunch is such a lovely, rosy-golden color with a frost finish. Used in a thin layer over an eyeshadow base it almost looks like the lids are wet, that's how fine the finish is. It looks great with practically any brown/bronzy/greyish shade.
It really makes my eyes look more awake and fresh when used on the inner part of the eye. I also love to use it on it's own with just Mascara.
It'd also make a great highlighter on darker skin tones!
Color payoff and pigmentation are great.

Naked Lunch is a pink frosty color and it's just gorgeous on the lid. It doesn't make it look like you have a bruise on your eye unlike other pink eyeshadows. It actually adds a great highlight to the lid! It can be cumbersome to get enough product on the brush but it's still a really great product!

Naked Lunch is a champagne pink with a nice shimmer to it. I'm 46 and use UD Eden e/s primer before this. It shows up well on my fair skin and it isn't so shimmery that the wrinkles I sometimes have on my eyelids show up too bad. Its a good all-over wash that makes me look more awake. With a dark brown e/l it makes a good look for interviews

Great great eyeshadow. Basic, wearable color, useable on lid, browbone, for blending, for highlighting. Im assuming it works better with warm complexions . Dont know about darker-skinned girls, but trust me, if you range from (warm) fair to medium and are looking for a very basic color, get it! Also a good color to start a mac collection of shadows :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've bought this time and again, mostly to use as a highlighter under my brow, but I realized there may be better shades for me, as sometimes this does not even show up on my skin. I do think it is a versatile shadow though.

It's not a bad color and may be HG for some skin tones, I have to mix it with Shroom to get a color I can use. It's too peach on for me.

I wouldn't buy this again! Not because it's a bad product-cause it's not! It's a nice , off white-beige-champagne color, with a nice finish and pigmentation(not the softest consistency though)!

!! BUT, it's not UNIQUE enough to excuse the price(a single mac eyeshadow is 18 euros here)!! Once you put this on your lid , you can't tell the difference between this and any other similar drugstore eyeshadow i have! Looks exactly the same! So in my opinion, it's not worth it spending so much money on it!

TIP: If you still like the quality of mac and you wear this kind of color a lot , then as an alternative i suggest you buy the Mac MSF in Soft and Gentle, and use it as an eyeshadow! It's a pretty similar colour- it just has less pinky undertones....it's more of a true champagne-beige (and even prettier than naked lunch imo) and you get a lot more value for money! :)

Top Rated MAC Products