October 20, 2014 | 850 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Lip Care SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Green_Tea

A good lip balm if it wasn't so ridiculously expensive! I got this as a gift, but I personally won't buy this because there other lip balms that I can get for a fraction of the price. NOT worth the money.

Edit: I've come to like this lip balm more with the warming weather because it's not sticky or greasy. Good for under lipstick/gloss. But the price is still steep regardless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a decent lip balm; it goes on smoothly and leaves my lips feeling moisturized (though if you suffer from super chapped lips, it might not be moisturizing enough for you). The scent/taste of this is so mild that I don't even notice it. It's great for everyday wear; I put it on under all my lippies for its SPF protection. I put that I would repurchase it, because I would if it weren't for the price. I really like it, but I'm sure there are cheaper options out there that are just as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by EurasianMelange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best lip balms I have tried so far. I always have very chapped lips, so I have tried a lot of lip balms and chap sticks that others said were amazing and they did not really work for me... I was hoping to buy the shea butter lip balm, but it was sold out and my current lip balm had run out so I grabbed what was available (this lip balm).

It is a little expensive, but for someone who is constantly having to deal with the discomfort of rough, dry, sore lips I think it is worth it.

It has quite a strong smell and although I normally do not like any kind of artificial scent in lip balms, it smells just like incense. So although it is annoying to have such a strong smell, it reminds me of nice, calm, relaxing things. Also, my husband likes the smell, so he does not refuse to kiss me with this lip balm. LOL

It goes onto my lips very easily. You can feel it there on your lips, but it is not one of those thick, slimy I-feel-like-I-rubbed-my-face-in-jam lip balms that only sit on your lips and do nothing beneficial. With this lip balm my lips do still get slightly chapped, but so far this one has been the best at keeping my lips soft (despite some creasing) and preventing them from getting completely chapped.

Normally when a lip balm does not feel slimy it feels hard and waxy and maybe even feels as if it has grains of sand in it. Not so with this one. I was pleasantly surprised with the texture as I have come to expect either slimy or hard and grainy textures. To me, the texture of this is just right. Neither too liquid or too solid, not like goo and not like a lump of wood covered in sandpaper.

I have also found that with this lip balm, I do not have to apply it as often. Perhaps a maximum of four times a day to keep my lips feeling soft and moisturised. With others I found myself applying every half an hour because my lips began to feel rough and dry despite already having lip balm on.

This lip balm is not perfect for everybody, but it is definitely the best lip balm that I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Natashia

I bought this when my lips were totally dried out due to some acne treatment a few years back. The taste of this , makes me feel nauseous. I think its the vanilla scent , which smells a bit like a cockroach spray. However the product is really fantastic. It healed my cracked lips overnight! Now after a few years, I find that the effect is not as good. But I still use it due to its SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by 1Karin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my trusted stand-bys. Almost unscented (I never even noticed the slight vanilla scent until reading the reviews here), and it moisturizes for hours due to a waxier formula (similar to Burt's Bees in texture - my other favorite chapstick).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2007 4:53:00 AM More reviews by synth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Unlike most lip balms I've tried, this one doesn't dry out my lips further or have an unpleasant texture. The product's colorless, but leaves a nice subdued shine. Within a minute my lips are noticeably, beautifully plump, and no longer tight or dry. I usually wipe it off after ten minutes because of the smell (unpleasantly strong, but that's the case for most lip products as I have a very sensitive nose.), but my lips remain moisturized even after I remove it. If I bother to apply it daily, the dryness doesn't return. I'll be stocking up on this once winter comes around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by mulzanza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the worst, chapped lips ever, and this lip balm worked like no other! i don't know why it hasn't gotten a decent rating..i guess it doesn't work for everyone. But these cured my scary, peeling lips. They've plumped up my lips as well, even though that's totally unexpected! Not to mention totally smoothened them. It's relatively scent-free (to me) nd i don't have a problem with the texture or smell.
Love this product, my HG lip balm!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

Forget this. CO Bigelow's lip formula spf15 kicks this to the curb. It's not even work $5 on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by makeupgirl2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this..but I wish it smelt better. Probably gonna try the other lip balms that the body shop carries.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by elphinstone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Me love this lip balm!! it glides on smoothly, moisturizes my lips making it look healthy, and not overly goopy. love the faint vanilla scent and the fact that it doesn't taste yucky. i swore that my lips look alot plumper and kissable when i use this lip balm (not sure if its psychological :P ). the SPF15 is a plus too. the relief i get when i put this on my chapped lips is almost instantaneous. Will definitely repurchase this.