April 18, 2014 | 873 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Lip Care SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Natashia

I bought this when my lips were totally dried out due to some acne treatment a few years back. The taste of this , makes me feel nauseous. I think its the vanilla scent , which smells a bit like a cockroach spray. However the product is really fantastic. It healed my cracked lips overnight! Now after a few years, I find that the effect is not as good. But I still use it due to its SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by 1Karin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my trusted stand-bys. Almost unscented (I never even noticed the slight vanilla scent until reading the reviews here), and it moisturizes for hours due to a waxier formula (similar to Burt's Bees in texture - my other favorite chapstick).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2007 4:53:00 AM More reviews by synth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Unlike most lip balms I've tried, this one doesn't dry out my lips further or have an unpleasant texture. The product's colorless, but leaves a nice subdued shine. Within a minute my lips are noticeably, beautifully plump, and no longer tight or dry. I usually wipe it off after ten minutes because of the smell (unpleasantly strong, but that's the case for most lip products as I have a very sensitive nose.), but my lips remain moisturized even after I remove it. If I bother to apply it daily, the dryness doesn't return. I'll be stocking up on this once winter comes around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by mulzanza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the worst, chapped lips ever, and this lip balm worked like no other! i don't know why it hasn't gotten a decent rating..i guess it doesn't work for everyone. But these cured my scary, peeling lips. They've plumped up my lips as well, even though that's totally unexpected! Not to mention totally smoothened them. It's relatively scent-free (to me) nd i don't have a problem with the texture or smell.
Love this product, my HG lip balm!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

Forget this. CO Bigelow's lip formula spf15 kicks this to the curb. It's not even work $5 on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by makeupgirl2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this..but I wish it smelt better. Probably gonna try the other lip balms that the body shop carries.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by elphinstone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Me love this lip balm!! it glides on smoothly, moisturizes my lips making it look healthy, and not overly goopy. love the faint vanilla scent and the fact that it doesn't taste yucky. i swore that my lips look alot plumper and kissable when i use this lip balm (not sure if its psychological :P ). the SPF15 is a plus too. the relief i get when i put this on my chapped lips is almost instantaneous. Will definitely repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2006 7:02:00 PM More reviews by natupieni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This dried my lips completely in just a few days. :( They didn't chap actually but felt like sandpaper! That was weird because I have used the Vitamin E moisturizer and that didn't cause me any allergic reactions. The fragrance is okay and the packaging cute, though!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Yogal28

Was with a friend who work for BodyShop so hence the 50% discount and tried quite a few thing from BodyShop. This is one of them. At first i apply just like any other lip balm, i like the vanilla fragrance but nothing more. It's cause enzema around my lips, itch till i need to stop and see a doc for it...hate this, never repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2005 4:57:00 AM More reviews by do1ng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After a few days of using it, my lips dried so much, and swelled. It must have been an allergic reaction, because of of the vitamin E. Do not recommend.