August 22, 2014 | 1756 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Hypnotic Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by CorrineSays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my ALL TIME favorite fragrance. It is the only $60 perfume I'll spend my own money on.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by nahyt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

if you left vanilla bean inside an empty wooden cabinet for a 2days, when you open the cabinet after those 2 days, what you will smell is hypnotic poison. HP is simply wood dipped in vanilla flavored water. . and for some reason HP makes my throat feel parched ..HP has a dryness to it that i dont like.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by JustH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very heavy vanilla musk evening perfume, for occassional use. Not something I could wear everyday or on a regular basis, but there is something about it that keeps drawing me back.

I wouldn't buy it again, as one bottle has lasted me ages and it is expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

I was always drawn to this product, loved the packaging and was intrigued by the fragrance. But the only problem I have is that if somebody uses it, you can smell Hypnotic Poison in the whole vicinity. No kidding. And you KNOW they are wearing Hypnotic Poison. And it's a perfume you can buy all over the World, from boutiques in Paris, through bazaars in Marocco, to stands in the Russian subway. It is a great fragrance, but seriously, due to it's popularity, it will not be unique. And when I look for a personal fragrance, I don't want it to be so mainstream. So I will always reach out for the bottle when shopping, to get a sniff of it, but probably won't be wearing it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by AnKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first began to use this when my Mother first purchased this about 8 years ago. Since then we have both gone through at least 10-15 bottles each. I cannot stress enough how much I LOVE this perfume. It is my signature smell and I always get compliments on what I am wearing. I have throughout the years used other perfumes such as Coco Mademoiselle, Chanel and Alien by Thierry Mugler (I also love BOTH). But Hypntoic is just on a whole different level! I LOVE IT!

As for the price... It is quite price seeing as I use so much of it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the scent of almonds and vanilla, and love a nice big frag that lasts forever. This fits the bill. I do think it might be a *little* overrated, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by xdollpartsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dior Hypnotic Poison has been my signature fragrance now for 4 years, I adore it! I have quite a collection of fragrances but this is in no danger of leaving my number one spot any time soon.

Here is the kicker-I detest cloying, sugary, sweet fragrances. Ghosts Sweetheart and Fantasy by Britney Spears (bluergh!) to name a couple. What I love in a big way however is the smell of almond, I wear nut based body butters from The Body Shop to go with the majority of my perfumes (brazil nut body butter being my current favourit) this seems to eccentuate what i deem to be the better notes in perfume.

Hypnotic Poison is like nothing I have ever had the pleasure of smelling before (gladly welcomes any suggestions btw!) it is so distinct, so deep, sexy and sultry yet sophisticated and irresistable! The vanilla is controlled enough to not be sickly so that the whole concoction stays at that perfect level of sex appeal and sophistication. I also have the shower gel and body lotion but personally I think that all 3 together can be a bit much.

If ever I wear another perfume to go out and someone is wearing Hypnotic, it induces a completely irrational rush of envy in me! Of course I cannot express disdain at another ladies impecible taste now can I?

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately this reminds me of Anna Sui's Sui Dreams. Or am I insane? Not one for me. I also find the bottle very dated, they should update it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by elenylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love pure poison. when I received this hypnotic poison fragrance as a birthday present, I have opened the package and throw away its box as I thought it would be as nice as pure poison. but when I tried it on my skin it was so heavy, sugary and not fresh. this smell doesnt go away and it lasts so long and I hate it more. I wish I have kept the box as I could sell it on the net. but now it just lays in my bathroom cupboard. I have also not liked this smell when my colleague is wearing it. it makes me sick when i smell this.

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of gourmand sweet scents, but not this one. I was recommended this at Dillards since I said I was looking for a vanilla scent. But this just pulled off as a straight up licorice. No vanilla. I'll pass.