April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I have been using Avene's products for some years now (I initially discovered them on a trip to Europe), and have yet to find one that disappoints. This cleanser has to be my favorite though, and it has become a staple in my skincare routine. I have combination/oily skin that tends towards cystic acne in some places - it's an unfortunate side effect of a medication - and this product manages to gently cleanse my skin and keep surface bacteria at a minimum without stripping my face dry. The scent is minimalist clean, and you need a very small amount to wash your entire face and neck (the size of a pea or even a bit less). This means that a little bottle of this product is not nearly as costly as it sounds, because it lasts forever. It is also great for travel because you can take a tiny vial with you, even for longer trips. I also like the unusual lid; it twists to the side to open and allows you to dispense precisely. All in all, this is a favorite that I am happy to purchase online at the few Internet retailers in the U.S. that sell it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by archi88

I have been using this product more than 2 years now, so I think it is long enough to review avene cleanance gel. My skin doesn't like soap at all. My skin feels itchy and the redness becomes very visible whenever I use any cleanser with soap or sls. My skin type is a combination of oily on t zone while my cheeks are normal. I had roaccutane for six months last year. It really helped me to clear up my skin. I was using Avene before roaccutane, i went on using Avene while Roaccutane, and still using it. I love it. It is very gentle, cleanses really well. And I accidentally opened my eyes while I was at shower; my face was covered fully with avene when I realised that my eyes did not hurt at all. On lazy days, though I know it is better to clean the eye makeup with eye makeup remover, I use Avene for all over my face including my eyes. I swear it cleans better than any eye makeup remover:)) This is a very good product for gentle skin. A bottle goes a long way, about 4-5 months for me; very little of it is fair enough for all of my face. It has a clean fresh smell which I love. I don't think I will ever change my cleanser, I had already stocked another big bottle in my closet -though I do not remember how many of it I had used up-, I wanted my mum to buy it from abroad, since there are larger bottles sold outside than they are selling at Turkey.It is a good combo with avene cleanance emulsion. I have also started to use triacneal for my post acne scars.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by mebeatrice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product. Do not dehydrates my skin and leave it soft after. It lasts for ages! Love it

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by angeljoy86

I love this facial cleanser! My dermatologist actually recommended this product to me. I love how I don't have an adverse effects from it, since I do have acne prone skin. Your Skin might feel a little dry or tight if you use this and don't moisturize at night.

I don't know why it's called soap less when the product actually lather. Never the less this product made my face feel freshly clean. The packaging is one of the best I've seen so far. You only need to twist and you can control how much product you want to squeeze out since the bottle is translucent. It also doesn't have a strong scent, not like some facial cleansers. I only use this to clean and remove light makeup.

The only reason why I did not give the product a 5/5 is because I haven't tried all the products out there to truly find the best one, but rather, would rate it as a 4.8.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by JEDxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very disappointed in Avene products!! I've been using normal facial cleanser and my skin was manageable but with flaws like acne scars, forehead acne. After a few advertisements of Avene products on tv, I ought to try out this product since it's well-known for curing acne-prone skin. So I bought this set which includes a bottle of Thermal spring water, cleanance soapless gel and cleanance cream and additionally, I bought Triacneal cream. 100+ BUCKS FOR ALL OF IT!
After using it, my skin was horrible! My cheeks turned out as red as tomato, burning sensation and acne break-out! And I decided to use back my normal facial cleanser to see whether am I allergic to Avene products or it's just a normal acne break-out which occurs every month. And for now, I'm gonna stick back to my normal facial cleanser. And my face is better than before!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by kdscott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally bought the Avene Cleanance gel cleanser because my normally dry-combination skin had become increasingly oily in the T-zone and I was experiencing breakouts and clogged pores. My former cleanser (Cerave Foaming Face Wash) simply wasn't doing the trick.

I was initially concerned about trying this product because I have mild rosacea and my skin tends to get dry easily. Most cleansers designed for oily skin are too drying and irritating for my skin type. However, Avene strikes the balance between eliminating my oily skin and breakouts, while not irritating my rosacea or increasing dryness. After using it for about 2 weeks, my skin is significantly more clear. My breakouts have stopped and the oiliness is under control.

Avene Cleanance is more expensive than a drugstore cleanser. I purchased it for about $18.00 with free shipping from Dermstore. However, I feel like it's worth the price. You only need a pea-size amount for your face. With the Cerave cleanser I used, I needed at least 2-3 pumps to get the same amount of lather. Also, Avene Cleanance does have a light scent.

I used to use Neutrogena oil-free acne face wash when my skin was acting up. However, with Neutrogena, it may eliminate my breakouts, but it irritates and over-dries my skin. Not good.Avene Cleanance is really the perfect cleanser if you have sensitive skin, but experience breakouts and oiliness. I highly recommend it. I'm definitely putting it in my skincare arsenal for when the weather gets hot and/or humid or I'm experiencing breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all i liked the packaging, the bottle was practical in use when i had it in the shower.
Let me now come to the reason, why i stored it in the shower - it was just too harsh for my sensitive combo skin, it dried my skin completely out even when i was using it only once a day in the evening to remove my makeup and cleanse my face.
Then i stopped using on my face it and was using it for some minor acne and spots on my chest and shoulders.. there it worked well and improved my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jawaher

I have been using this cleanser for 3 years now and I just can't see myself using any other. I have sensitive skin and used to have cystic acne and most cleansers for acne-prone skin were too harsh and caused redness and severe dryness. However Avene is super gentle, and I continue to use it even after my cystic acne is gone. Even though It's not the cheapest, all you need is a small amount anyway so a bottle would easily last you several months.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by loveydove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this soap-free cleanser when I bought another Avene product and I'm sure glad I did. It's great for sensitive skin and it's targeted for people with oily, acne-prone skin (that's me). I switch it up with my AcneFree Sensitive line cleanser. The Cleanance cleanser smells wonderful but it is expensive. I think my drug store charges $25/bottle. As with any cleanser, don't scrub your face because it can become irritated and strip your skin. Also, a very little goes a long, long way. Think about the size of a pea, that's how much cleanser you need to wash your face. Not kidding!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Monavic29

I really like this cleanser. I have oily skin and is a very happy medium for me because cleansers either dry me out or leave an oily residue behind. This makes my skin feel clean and smooth.