Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

3.9

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2014):The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

on 5/14/2013 11:20:00 AM

I agree with the recent negative comments. It smells nice and gets your make up off well, but I find it leaves a residue on my skin and my skin is still oily after using this. Does nothing to balance it at all. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 5/14/2013 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Break me out... I got a body wash from Kirkland which has similar ingredients broke my body out too.....

on 4/18/2013 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to bring down the great reviews, but this product did not clean well and caused breakouts, and made my face blotchy.

on 4/13/2013 7:18:00 AM

I've been using this for a couple of months now and I'm not quite sure I like it, as a cleanser that is. It's a little bit drying for everyday use, it leaves my skin very tight and flaking around my brows, temple, cheeks and mouth.

But, this is completly AMAZING in the shower it's probably better than any peeling product I've ever tried. I don't know how but this cleans out your pores like no ones buisness if used like I do in the shower.

First I wait until I'm almost entirely done with my shower and then while stile running how water I massage this into my skin, it feels like silk and starts to foam a little and then you will feel the grit and junk leaving your pores and start to buildup between your fingers, rinse your hands and repeat. Nothing and I truly mean NOTHING is this succesful at cleaning out my pores and considering this feels so soft and great at the same time without any harsh, grains and beads I get absolutly in awe about how this is miles better than any other peeling I've ever tried. No more harsh scrubbing this is my new holy grail peeling.

Oh, I use the one for oily, blemish-prone skin.

******Edit*******
Have been using this product for a couple of months now and I'm sad to say that the "peeling effect" it once had on my skin has now decreased. It doesn't cleanse like it used to even though I've tried doubling and tripling the amount of product. I have no idea why but I'm quite sad about, I quess it was to good to be true.

I've used and loved this cleanser for a while. It removed all my makeup and my acne-prone skin cleared up a lot, which I attributed to the lactic acid. However, I recently repurchased a new bottle and was sad to see it was reformulated. It's now extremely drying and makes my eyes turn red and sting, plus the lactic acid has been removed. The new ingredients are: Water (aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth 60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth 20, Cetrimonium Bromide, Green 5 (CI 61570), Disodium EDTA, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Fragrance (parfum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Zinc Gluconate.

on 4/7/2013 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm kicking myself for falling for this product again. I work as a beauty advisor and the summer humidity has caused an eruption of forehead acne. Desperate for a solution, I purchased a bottle of this as well as the newly formulated Cleanance K.
The first couple of days of use were promising: my breakouts seemed to be drying out, my skin tone seemed more even, etc. I am currently on day 3 or 4 and this morning when I used this in the shower, I applied some to my chest as well as my face and back.
Upon exiting the shower and applying my makeup, I noticed my skin on my chest was red, blotchy and I had a couple of breakouts coming through (I don't normally break out there.)
Also, I noticed the skin on my face has been feeling taught and dry, not healthy.
It looks like I will be returning to my Spectro jel.

on 4/2/2013 9:36:00 AM

one of the most gentle washes ever.im allergic to bare products.but im not allergic to this :).well happy.what a gentle but effective wash.love it :)

This is my HG facial cleanser. I've tried other cleansers and I just keep on running back to this one! I just can't help it... it's just that amazing.
I have sensitive, combination/oily, acne/blemish prone skin with allot of large and clogged pores, it's a nightmare! I've tried almost every cleanser available in my local stores and none of them compare to this one.

Avéne Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser cleans DEEP, even lifting away gunk from my pores! This little beauty also helps reduce redness straight away and clears up my blemishes almost instantly (from my experience).
You expect this to be slightly drying on the skin but it isn't! It gives a squeaky clean feeling without the tightness! Amazing!

I've been searching for my HG cleanser to royally sort out my skin ever since I can remember... FINALLY, I've found it! and it really makes a enormous difference to my skin!

Avéne... I LOVE YOU!

on 3/12/2013 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have stocked up many bottles for myself! Works well in it's price range, I used it alternate with Cetaphil's gentle cleanser (Cetaphil for AM and Avene for PM) so that my skin wouldn't be tight and uncomfortable which in turn produces more oil. It has never broke me out, I have very oily and acne-prone skin. So far, I feel that it's the best in it's price range! Worth to give it a try!

on 3/10/2013 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This products works wonders! It's the ONLY product i've tried, that keeps my skin clear without breakouts for months.
It is very gentle, yet very effective. I use the toner aswell and it works refreshing and keeps my skin matte.
Just bought the Spring Water Spray which i'll start using, but i personally think the spray is really really pricy.
The gel cleanser, however isn't pricy at all and you only need a very small amount to cover the whole face.

I've recommend this to some of my friends, who has acne and they really can't thank me enough for recommending it :-)
I'm surprised this isn't more famous than it is. It's amazing.