April 21, 2014 | 1289 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by blaqkrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This moisturizer is AH-mazing. I have been using it steadily for about three years now and it keeps my face as perfect as it can possibly be. My skin is really sensitive, really fair, really dry, and I have to deal with rosacea, so in other words it's hard to find a moisturizer that doesn't make my skin hurt or act funny. Celestial is the only facial moisturizer I can really use that meets my skin needs. I also find that the better moisturized my face is, the less acne I have. Because of the high end and pure ingredients my skin's rosacea has gone down too, which is a lovely plus.
I also really like Lush's packaging because they have the person who made the product's face on a sticker stuck to the packaging. The packaging is also nice because if you clean the little black pot out and remove the stickers you can store other stuff in the pot, or you can bring 5 pots back to get a free fresh facemask which is really nice too!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

I am vegan and was told Lush were great for reasonably priced skincare/hairdye. I went on a bit of a spree and bought this, the 'Breath of Fresh Air' toner, '9 to 5' cleanser, Caca Noir indigo block and the Cupcake mask.

Despite the fact that this cream is SO oily, it really doesn't do a lot. Broke my face out in a rash, smells horrendous. I tried to use it up as a hand cream but it makes my hands itch horribly and never seems to absorb. Binned.

I really tried to like you, Lush, but you just haven't scored any points with me so far. All the products I tried (particularly this moisturiser and the Caca Noir - I will never forget that experience) were absolutely terrible, had cheap packaging, cheap ingredients, stupid names and smelt hideous. Made me all the more happy to return to spending twice as much for Aesop and Dermalogica. Will probably never buy a Lush product again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

So, i had sworn off all Lush moisturizers after my awful "Afterlife" nightmare.......yet somehow, i ended up with a sample of Celestial............and i'm the one who asked for it! lol. I was on the market for something all natural since i'm very particular about what i put on my skin (chemical wise), more so now since im pregnant :). I guess hormones have turned my once combo skin into a dry and dehydrated mess so i picked something a bit richer than what i would normally go for.
I do really like the scent to this stuff, though i wouldn't go as far as to say it smells "yummy" or anything...it's a very light and soft scent. The texture is a bit thick yet really smooth. The trick to this moisturizer is applying as lightly as you can. I usually spray toner into my hand and then mix less than a pea sized amount of the moisturizer with it...pat all over my face and that's that. Or i just dab on my dry problem areas only. Can't say that i've had any problems with clogged pores (i'm shocked), and it sure leaves my skin feeling smooth as butter. With all that being said I wouldn't recommend or not recommend buying this product. Celestial is one of those moisturizers where (if your curious) you'd just have to try it out for yourself because, i could really see it going either way.....a Godsend or a Disaster depending on your skin. I for sure thought this stuff would break me out like crazy but it hasn't...and i actually really like it.
UPDATE: ut-oh....watch out....PARABENS

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I received a sample of this product during my last LUSH visit. This smells like vanilla yogurt, and I sometimes find myself smelling this product when I'm bored :D
It does not irritate my skin, but for the price and the jar packaging, I do not think I will be purchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by OneDollarBuddha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my third pot of this moisturizer. I have really sensitive skin that tends to be dry. This works without irritating my skin and keeps me moisturized. I normally use it at night, but it's light enough for day use.. however it doesn't have an SPF so I would have to layer it for daytime use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this moisturizer. I have young, combination skin. It gets so dry overnight, so it's the overnight moisturizer I live by. It's such an essential to my skin routine. It doesn't feel sticky and nasty. It doesn't make my skin feel oily either. And trust me, I've used A LOT of moisturizers that make my skin feel oily. It's the perfect healthy moisture that makes my dry and oily skin glow. Just use something different in the morning, like neutrogena combination moisturizer if your skin gets oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by pukengkay

I wish I could say that i love this as much as I love my other lush skincare. I really really wanted to love this that I used it for 2 weeks and denied that it was the real reason behind my flaky, rough and gross skin. But, when someone else noticed how ugly my face for almost 2 weeks, its a different story. I stopped using this and went back to my Cetaphil moisturizer and now my skin is back to flawless and glowing skin again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Dizzyray822

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I have very dry sensitive skin and this is perfect. It has a very light almond scent that is just enough for a face cream. I have definitely purchased this more than once and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by taylorboyle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin has always been incredibly dry. I had been using a moisturizer from clinique but it just wasn't heavy enough and still left my face dry. My skin is incredibly sensitive, prone to breakouts, and has a tendency to be red. A friend of mine suggested Celestial and I must say I am so happy I was whining and complaining to her because it helped me find this wonderful moisturizer! I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by ClareMichelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a hard time finding a moisturiser because although my skin is dry, it is also prone to blocked pores. Most moisturisers give me spots but thankfully this product is just right for me. I've been using it for about a year and have had no spots or blocked pores. It has a light, natural smell. The consistency of the cream in the pot has become a little thicker over time, but this isn't a problem and it still works just the same. A little goes a long way - if you use too much then it will take a while to be absorbed by your skin. I'm very pleased with this moisturiser - it leaves my skin soft, supple and comfortable and I will definitely repurchase.