November 27, 2014 | 1449 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although this moisturizer is expensive, it is worth every penny. I have sensitive skin, and this hydrates it without making me break out or become super oily. I use this once a day before my makeup application, and it hydrates my skin so well and creates a nice and smooth base for my makeup. The pot is small, but very little goes a long way. I received a small sample of this when I visited LUSH, and that small pot lasted me two and a half weeks. Imagine what the big pot will do! I will definitely keep buying this until it's discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a good moisturizer that hydrates while not irritating my sensitive skin. It smells good and a little goes a long way. The reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because it does not contain anti oxidants or any other anti-aging ingredients. I'm not crazy about the jar container either. But if you are int he market for a basic moisture and you are not acne prone (this contains cocoa butter - highly comedogenic), give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by darkfeathers

This stuff is awesome. I really like how thick it is so you dont need to use much. The smell is heavenly as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by gondola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This facial moisturizer is almost my HG. I got a sample of it in the store and instantly fell in love, and went online to order the full size. I have terribly dry skin and it moisturizes well, but I find it only suitable to put on before going to bed because it can end up looking a tad greasy if you over-do it. At almost $24, I'd rather find something cheaper. But until I do do, I'll continue to purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by sscelyss

I adore this! I always suffered from a red, flaky, dry skin. Nothing worked, but, hoping I would find a good moisturiser one day, I decided to give Lush a try. They suggested this, and since then, I love it!
It makes my skin look smooth and it isn't dry anymore.
I can recommend this to everyone suffering from dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by tinkerpuppet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! I've been using it for about a year.

I have terrible dry flakey skin, and making it through a Canadian winter is tough. Finally last year I was tired of the cheap drugstore brand that I'd used for years but just really wasn't cutting it. However I was shocked when I started looking at the prices of higher end creams. Then I found Celestial. At $24CAD it was over three times what I used to pay, but still way less then a lot of other brands. I usually avoid Lush as the smell of the store is too overpowering. But I had heard about this moisturizer, so held my breath and got a sample.

Which is my first thing I love about it! I didn't have to invest in a whole pot only to chance me not liking it. I got two samples and loved I could compare them. I knew instantly Celestial was the one for me.

I can feel my skin soaking up all the moisturizer. My face has never been so smooth and soft. I love the scent, its very subtle. I don't notice any extra breakouts, and my skin tone has evened out a lot (no more red irritated dry patches).

Personally I like the pot. I can get every last bit out of it. I hate having to toss away a tube or pump that I know still has some left but I can't get it out. The packaging is simple and I appreciate that. What a waste some brands make!

I did try my old drugstore stuff again this summer to see if it really was worth the extra money. Using the cheap stuff, it all felt so oily/chemically and the smell was horrid. Something I'd used for years and years I couldn't stand anymore.

Celestial only for me from now on. Already this winter my skin is still soft, when every year before by this time I'd have red patches and flakes. HG!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Count me among those who don't like the packaging (and BTW, I don't understand why people would take this personally). I grant the point that more money is invested on quality (if it's true they do; we only have the brand marketers' word for it), but this brand's packaging is the most unappealing and ugly I have ever seen. And you're getting this from someone who is not usually fussy about packaging. I gave it 3 lippies because since I never tried this and so many people like it, I will have to bow to their experience. But this is almost arrogant in its lack of effort.

If the brand saves so much money on packaging - and if looks are anything to go by, they must save a fortune - then I expect the product itself to work magic. Like literally turning the clock and giving me flawless complexion. That and/or giving the "savings" to charity would be the only arguments that would induce me to buy this stuff. But just telling me to put up and pay up? **** you!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by indecisivequeen

To those who are negatively reviewing this product based soley on the packaging - what would you really rather pay for: expensive packaging and cheap ingregients or basic packaging and fresh, expensive, luxurious ingredients in qualities other manstream brands wouldn't use in their right minds? Plus would you rather pay 30+ for a moisturiser with beautiful packaging and a whole list of chemical ingredients you can't even pronounce? Thought not. Look at the back of the celestial tub and note that this is packed with gorgeous and skin loving ingredients. Plus as another lovely user pointed out if you bring back 5 of those black pots for recycling you'll be rewarded with an amazing fresh face mask.

The main ingredient, almond oil (plus some yummy almond milk) and is one of the few essential oils that sink right down to the dermis, the bottom layer of the skin. In turn this promotes cell renewal. Almond makes your skin totally GLOW and gives it so much radiance. It's also ideal for sensitive skin and moisturising all skin types (including oily) because it sinks right down very quickly and does not sit on top of the skin like other butters.

To a few of the users who had a negative reaction because they are alergic to one of the natural ingredients (maybe the dove orchid?): take the product back to lush! Lush is unique with its customer serivce and returns policy. If you have reacted negatively to any product, even if you don't have your receipt Lush will at least swap it for something else and will always refund you if you have your receipt. You get top-notch customer service in there.

Personally, even though I have oily skin I ADORE this moituriser for winter. Gives my cheeks extra moisture, isn't too heavy for my t-zone and makes my skin SO soft and radiant. When it sinks in after 5-10 mins my skin feels so silky and I have found that this is the perfect base for make up. On that note if any of you haven't tried the lush colour supplements you absolutely must, they work magnificantly well together. Why not give this best seller a try?

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by mjc174

Since my skin is a combination, I found that this product worked best for my dry and sensitive areas. It has a lovely light almond scent to it. I love how it doesn't cause me to break out, and it is very soothing in general.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great moisturizer!!! I have sensitive skin, and it's difficult for me to find the right balance between moisturizing and exfoliating. I put this on while my skin is still damp and, if necessary, dab off the excess with a tissue or a cotton ball. It leaves my skin soft and smelling nice!